Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.
Then why couldn't other bosses drop useful stuff? Tier 1 HM FP's bosses drops Exotech and columi(some of them drop columi belt/bracer) implants/earpieces, so Tionese can get upgrade from these bosses as well.

Rakata is not big deal now, even farm those Tier 1 HM and some weekly quests can get BH gears.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 02:55 PM | #242
Rakata impants are BOE thus buyable, earpieces can be get from daily com, and something similar to Exotech would not replace rakata since these have no set bonus.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Then why couldn't other bosses drop useful stuff? Tier 1 HM FP's bosses drops Exotech and columi(some of them drop columi belt/bracer) implants/earpieces, so Tionese can get upgrade from these bosses as well.

Rakata is not big deal now, even farm those Tier 1 HM and some weekly quests can get BH gears.
I believe the bosses DO drop useful stuff, for those players that are skilled enough to do HM LI without having a complete set of Columi.

And even if you do have a full set, the gear can also be used to upgrade your companions, making dailies go faster.

Let me draw a comparison to Story Mode TfB. The typical non-elite player who goes into TfB, has probably completed:

1. Every T1 HM FP
2. HM LI
3. SM EV
4. SM KP
5. HM EV
6. HM KP
7. SM EC

This player has a very good chance of having 2-4 pieces of Black Hole gear and mostly Rakata on the rest. Yet the entire SM TfB operation drops Rakata and 2 pieces of Black Hole.

There is some content in this game that is difficult. The gear rewards are important yes, but the more skilled you are, the better the rewards (i.e. you don't have to overgear it). I think this is correct, fair, just and right. If you aren't as skilled, you have to overgear the content. This is one of the things that Black Hole comms allow you to do.

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
12.05.2012 , 03:19 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.
In case you hadn't noticed rakata isn't exactly BiS anymore, in fact it's much easier to obtain black hole now than it is to farm the obsolete operation gear.

I believe drops across the board need to be looked at, not just LI HM or harder flashpoints but HM ops as well. Since black hole the gearing system has been a bit backwards, you're likely now to have better gear than half the drops by time you step into a HM op, which is why people tend to stop after they've done their first two bosses for the weekly because there's no point in continuing for lesser gear drops and rewards.

Same with LI HM, what's the point in downing the droid again in the week when you only get some tionese crystals? The sense of achievement fades fast and it becomes a pointless exercise.

There needs to be better drops to keep people playing, even if it's not just better raid gear but something like random cartel market drops or something along those lines.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.05.2012 , 03:58 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
...

There needs to be better drops to keep people playing, even if it's not just better raid gear but something like random cartel market drops or something along those lines.
Now THIS I could totally get behind. That would be awesome. Not raid gear but other special loot.

Buy it in the Cartel market with coins, OR have a chance to get that groovy loot as a low-percentage drop from HM FPs or Ops.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 06:35 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I believe the bosses DO drop useful stuff, for those players that are skilled enough to do HM LI without having a complete set of Columi.

And even if you do have a full set, the gear can also be used to upgrade your companions, making dailies go faster.

There is some content in this game that is difficult. The gear rewards are important yes, but the more skilled you are, the better the rewards (i.e. you don't have to overgear it). I think this is correct, fair, just and right. If you aren't as skilled, you have to overgear the content. This is one of the things that Black Hole comms allow you to do.
Most of the groups need at least columi to beat LI, especially pugs, that's the fact, and the game's drop should make sense to the majority. Companion upgrade is not a big deal, since they don't get benefit from set bonus, some Exotech is good enough and easier to farm.

The reward is the most important thing because not many people want to run a FP/OPS again and again if they don't get enough reward.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.05.2012 , 08:03 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Most of the groups need at least columi to beat LI, especially pugs, that's the fact, and the game's drop should make sense to the majority. Companion upgrade is not a big deal, since they don't get benefit from set bonus, some Exotech is good enough and easier to farm.

The reward is the most important thing because not many people want to run a FP/OPS again and again if they don't get enough reward.
First, your argument about "most of the game's drop should make sense to the majority" cleverly overlooked my comparison to SM TfB. The same people that can't run HM LI without full Columi+ aren't going to finish SM TfB until they have Rakata/BH. Yet it would be absurd to make SM TfB drop Campaign or Dread Guard.

Thoughts? Comments?

Your second argument about running FP/OPS "again and again" is illogical.

Once you've conquered HM LI, the reasons to run it again and again include:

1. You want the Black Hole comms
2. You like the challenge.
3. You're bringing friends and/or guildies through it

There are probably some others I'm overlooking. But you're not running for the gear that drops in the instance as you already got it. Heck, I still run T1 HM FPs, but it certainly isn't for the Columi tokens ...

Now as far as adding rewards to HM LI to encourage people to run it, I liked the idea of special gear (such as Cartel market gear) or something similar. Something cool, or rare. Not progression gear, but other stuff. THAT would be the bomb.

How about a White +41 Power Crystal with a 1% drop rate?

What do you think of that?

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
12.05.2012 , 09:32 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Now as far as adding rewards to HM LI to encourage people to run it, I liked the idea of special gear (such as Cartel market gear) or something similar. Something cool, or rare. Not progression gear, but other stuff. THAT would be the bomb.
Hm LI already has that. The Security Droid has a low chance to drop the Midnight Rakling pet, and the Doctor has a chance to drop the Mysterious Egg (which, when hatched, provides you with an Orosquab, which is different than the Orokeet provided by the Unusual Egg). All 6 of the characters that I routinely run Hm LI with (3 tanks and 3 healers) have no need for any of the drops provided, but I still do it because of the pets.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.05.2012 , 09:54 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Hm LI already has that. The Security Droid has a low chance to drop the Midnight Rakling pet, and the Doctor has a chance to drop the Mysterious Egg (which, when hatched, provides you with an Orosquab, which is different than the Orokeet provided by the Unusual Egg). All 6 of the characters that I routinely run Hm LI with (3 tanks and 3 healers) have no need for any of the drops provided, but I still do it because of the pets.
Oh I agree with you.

I'm just trying to find some middle ground with Slowpokeking whose been arguing with me over loot drops for days now.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 10:04 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
First, your argument about "most of the game's drop should make sense to the majority" cleverly overlooked my comparison to SM TfB. The same people that can't run HM LI without full Columi+ aren't going to finish SM TfB until they have Rakata/BH. Yet it would be absurd to make SM TfB drop Campaign or Dread Guard.

Thoughts? Comments?
TFB HM drops currently the highest Tier right now, and it's pretty much the only way to get some of them, even Nightmare EC only drop part of it. So even if it's hard people are still going to do it, even the SM so they can do HM well.

LI is totally different. Even its Rakata chest is not as good as BH, which only require you to do weekly quests and Tier 1 HM FP. If people can do HM EV/EC to get higher tier gears then TFB has some problems.

Quote:
Your second argument about running FP/OPS "again and again" is illogical.

Once you've conquered HM LI, the reasons to run it again and again include:

1. You want the Black Hole comms
2. You like the challenge.
3. You're bringing friends and/or guildies through it

There are probably some others I'm overlooking. But you're not running for the gear that drops in the instance as you already got it. Heck, I still run T1 HM FPs, but it certainly isn't for the Columi tokens ...

Now as far as adding rewards to HM LI to encourage people to run it, I liked the idea of special gear (such as Cartel market gear) or something similar. Something cool, or rare. Not progression gear, but other stuff. THAT would be the bomb.

How about a White +41 Power Crystal with a 1% drop rate?

What do you think of that?
No, more useful loot-people are going to run it more, such as the Tier 1 FP, every boss might drop something useful for Tionese(most of the people can do it with tionese). LI is not the case.