Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PRappa
12.05.2012 , 05:28 PM | #241
Some people are acting as if this is something on the smae level as say "Error 37" that diablo 3 experienced. The game is still easily playable, in fact nothing on your character equipped has changed. 1-2 days of you not being able to equip artifact items is not a game breaker. It is an unfortunate incovience that appears to be getting resolved Thursday Morning. You can go grind your dailies, space missions, run some flashpoints, get your crew skill up, roleplay, chat with fellow gamers, the list is never ending. Alot of us (I say us because I am a subscriber as well) pay for this game and expectations would be to have a game that improves not take steps back but this isnt cause for some of the immature childish outbursts. Threatening to suspend or quit paying isnt going to do anything, you measely subscription isnt going to dent EA/Biowares income, all it does is make you look whiny. If your not happy with the game May I recommend visiting the Control panel and uninstalling the game. Go kill Orcs as a Panda, and let the Adults roam the Galaxy.

Solgath
12.05.2012 , 05:37 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by PRappa View Post
Everyone is acting as if this is something on the smae level as say "Error 37" that diablo 3 experienced. The game is still easily playable, in fact nothing on your character equipped has changed. 1-2 days of you not being able to equip artifact items is not a game breaker. It is an unfortunate incovience that appears to be getting resolved Thursday Morning. You can go grind your dailies, space missions, run some flashpoints, get your crew skill up, roleplay, chat with fellow gamers, the list is never ending. Alot of us (I say us because I am a subscriber as well) pay for this game and expectations would be to have a game that improves not take steps back but this isnt cause for some of the immature childish outbursts. Threatening to suspend or quit paying isnt going to do anything, you measely subscription isnt going to dent EA/Biowares income, all it does is make you look whiny. If your not happy with the game May I recommend visiting the Control panel and uninstalling the game. Go kill Orcs as a Panda, and let the Adults roam the Galaxy.
1 - 2 days.. hahahahahahaaha your kidding yourself, if u have even read half this thread, so far we are hearing next weak to fix this issue, and ppl here have every right to be angry, its just one bug after another, i'm still suffering from an issues that still hasn't been fixed, and to add this to the list is really making me doubt my return to this game, i was excited for the f2p release, i was excited with the cartel market, but again, the cartel market was released along with it a heap of bugs and then they took off for thanksgiving, that was smart really it was, hope the genius that came up with the release date for that patch was fired, or demoted to cleaning toilets... we can't equip purple items we spent several hours reverse engineering to get, we could keep playing, but then that would render all the work we did in creating that item void....

PRappa
12.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #243
I believe earlier in this thread a link was posted stating an Unscheduled Patch would occur tomorrow. One would assume it is in regards to this or at least hope so. You say that you spent all this time REing items to get the Artifact version of them or close to that effect and the fact this bug is now present will make it useless because you will be beyond the stage it is needed at. My counter to you is if you are not Level 50, and you are not at 400 on your crafting then it is not useless. You are increasing your Crew Skill, and if you think your going to advance so FAR into the game making it useless then its going to be useless anyway when you can make the next stage of that item. (I.E Might Hilt 8 instead of 7.) A blue version of whatever you are crafting is only 1-2 points lower which in no means will create disastrous issues for you.

Blockk
12.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by KailuaSith View Post
You can go ahead and be satisfied with things that are broken as you still pay for them, I am not.
to be fair mate - its only crafted purples and it will get sorted overnight, sux I know but this is the nature of this type of gaming, hang in there
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 05:48 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
1 - 2 days.. hahahahahahaaha your kidding yourself, if u have even read half this thread, so far we are hearing next weak to fix this issue, and ppl here have every right to be angry, its just one bug after another, i'm still suffering from an issues that still hasn't been fixed, and to add this to the list is really making me doubt my return to this game, i was excited for the f2p release, i was excited with the cartel market, but again, the cartel market was released along with it a heap of bugs and then they took off for thanksgiving, that was smart really it was, hope the genius that came up with the release date for that patch was fired, or demoted to cleaning toilets... we can't equip purple items we spent several hours reverse engineering to get, we could keep playing, but then that would render all the work we did in creating that item void....
But you can still play....and you probably have a ton of blues that you can wear instead. Only a slight stat difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong but people can still wear orange modifiable gear and can still wear blue gear and insert blue mods into the modifiable gear. It doesn't prevent you from playing.

But just to assuage everyone's fears, they have announced a patch for tomorrow. One that was not planned so most likely it will be a patch for fix a few issues that came out with the most recent patch including this one. Same thing happened when we all experienced issues with companion gear which I would consider a bigger issue than this.

Imagine riding around on your speeder, seeing some enemies you intend on dispatching and within 10-15 seconds after the fight starts your companion is dead. Now you're left fighting by yourself and if you use your companion as a crutch like I do sometimes, you're in trouble. And the only fix at the time was to un-equip your companion and re-equip him. That was annoying as hell because every time you spawned, traveled, you were doing the same thing over and over. That still isn't game breaking. I guess I just have learned to appreciate the small things in life or my outlook is brighter than most. (not really)
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 05:50 PM | #246
On the upside I bet people are making a killing on the GTN selling blues today. Come to think of it, while I was on lunch break I noticed ALL my blue amormech items sold.

If you can't play because of gear and you're on one of the servers below, I'll buy/craft you some blues instead.

shadegeist
12.05.2012 , 06:36 PM | #247
The fact is you fanboys I spent a lot of time and in game currency getting my alts this gear crafted and then to top if off I can't even keep the recipes I get from reverse engineering due to that being broken as well. I mean why sub if I can't properly utilize crafting and can't wear the better gear I craft, let alone keep the damn recipes?

Darth_Melf
12.05.2012 , 06:38 PM | #248
I am having the same problem.

I do not wish to overly complain, but i must say the succession of issues is growing to be rather ennoying.

kind regards, Melf
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 06:38 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by shadegeist View Post
The fact is you fanboys I spent a lot of time and in game currency getting my alts this gear crafted and then to top if off I can't even keep the recipes I get from reverse engineering due to that being broken as well. I mean why sub if I can't properly utilize crafting and can't wear the better gear I craft, let alone keep the damn recipes?
I have to start doing this. Never figured out how to get a recipe from something someone else made but I've seen a few posts today with people sharing how to do this. I'm gonna try this to make more credits.

-IceHawk-
12.05.2012 , 06:52 PM | #250
Same issue.
Guess I wasted 25,000 Credits....at least this error did not cost me double that, as strangely it is only applying to one of my implants.

I will be well past its usefulness by the time this is fixed.

Back to grinding more cashey money...