Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck Installing Main Assets 93 patch 1.5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck Installing Main Assets 93 patch 1.5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Loknido
12.04.2012 , 07:13 PM | #1
I have been trying to update to 1.5.2 for over an hour now. The launcher downloads Main assets 93 but gets stuck at 0% installing and does not budge even after letting it sit for 10-15 mins. I have tried several fixes I've seen on the forums but nothing has worked so far. When i go to the instalation folder the folder called assets_swtor_main_90to92.zip inside a folder with the same name says it's invalid when i try to open it. I've downloaded the patch 5 times and nothing
This is really frustrating since i've never had a problem patching ever since game was released.
Imdabes

Beruthien
12.04.2012 , 07:15 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Loknido,

Please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. After this please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files in the client installation folder and sub-folders:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run the Fixlauncher.exe found in the client installation folder.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and check if you are able get the launcher to start patching.

Please come back to us with your Launcher log if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Loknido
12.04.2012 , 08:04 PM | #3
I had seen this on a previous post and tried it, it didn't work. I tried it again anyways and got the same result. This is my launcher log
Spoiler
Imdabes

DJThomas
12.04.2012 , 08:24 PM | #4
I did the same as the above person also, and the above solution did not work. Any other ideas?
Tylu The Light-Sovereign Legacy

Lvl 50 Jedi Sentinel Server: The Ebon Hawk
The Exalted

Himari
12.04.2012 , 10:43 PM | #5
I also have tried your solution to no avail.

Viridiana
12.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #6
I don't suppose anyone having this issue is running SWTOR Unleashed ? you have to change it to retail client in order for the patch to go through, don't delete it or just remove it, but actually change it in the other app or it won't let the launcher work properly.

Omicronmd
12.05.2012 , 08:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
I don't suppose anyone having this issue is running SWTOR Unleashed ? you have to change it to retail client in order for the patch to go through, don't delete it or just remove it, but actually change it in the other app or it won't let the launcher work properly.
Well, resetting my swtor unleashed and running the client again fixed it, good catch. didn't know it swapped it no matter if you booted up swtor unleashed or not.

Mirdthestrill
12.05.2012 , 10:20 PM | #8
I've been having this exact same problem. What exactly is SWTOR Unleashed? I'd really like to know how to fix this.
I <3 alts!

DominicCurnow
12.05.2012 , 11:27 PM | #9
I'm also having this issue. id like it to be resolved before all the days ive paid to play as a subscribed member disappear. recently brought this game and so far its a bad first impression

KoRnDEMNED
12.06.2012 , 09:32 AM | #10
I have been having this issue for about the last 15 mins, managed to fix it by using the FixLauncher program. Launcher loaded, updated, restarted, logged in and update continued.