Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Sin Dueling 1v1 build/ gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Best Sin Dueling 1v1 build/ gear

SuperDaioz's Avatar


SuperDaioz
12.03.2012 , 10:49 AM | #1
Strictly on a 1v1 basis disregarding normal warzones. What build would you go with? Also what charge would you use? If dark charge would you equip the shield offhand or power offhand?

After trying a few builds I am leaning towards this with dark charge and shield offhand. Stacking stalker gear and dps stats.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...skZfhb0zZf0M.2

I know there are some awesome sin duelers about what you roll with?

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.03.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2
0/27/14

All dps gear, focus offhand, Surging charge.
Majinn | Blâck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

VicturusTeSaluto's Avatar


VicturusTeSaluto
12.03.2012 , 02:48 PM | #3
0/27/14 is a very strong dueling spec... Start out with a stalker set and then optimize with high power mods/enhancements

23/1/17 or most darkness/madness hybrids will be strong dueling specs... instant whirlwind not of as much use for 1v1 so 27/0/14 wouldnt be bad either but I am not a fan of that spec and do not think that force lightning should be a priority for a sin even with harnessed darkness but it may offer a slightly dps edge for 1v1.

full deception will fall behind.

full madness is the worst.

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.05.2012 , 03:36 AM | #4
It doesn't always make sense looking at the trees but in my experience it depends who you're fighting. I use madness vs sorcs and healers, deception vs smash and other aoe specs and darkness vs melee. Snipers I'd probably use madness if I can Los and darkness if I can't. For PT it's probably darkness but haven't dueled them much.
I tried using a shield and it just isn't that good, but feel free to try it vs melee or snipers.
We are really a versatile dueling class with free field respecs, try it out.
Oh and PS anyone who says wakajinn (0/27/14) is our best 1v1 spec needs to re-evaluate the specs and match ups.

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.05.2012 , 04:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
It doesn't always make sense looking at the trees but in my experience it depends who you're fighting. I use madness vs sorcs and healers, deception vs smash and other aoe specs and darkness vs melee. Snipers I'd probably use madness if I can Los and darkness if I can't. For PT it's probably darkness but haven't dueled them much.
I tried using a shield and it just isn't that good, but feel free to try it vs melee or snipers.
We are really a versatile dueling class with free field respecs, try it out.
Oh and PS anyone who says wakajinn (0/27/14) is our best 1v1 spec needs to re-evaluate the specs and match ups.
lol, you don't duel much do you? Madness is never good for 1v1 regardless of what situation/AC you're fighting against. Darkness may be good against some AC's but in general 0/27/14 does the best 1v1.

Quote: Originally Posted by VicturusTeSaluto View Post
full madness is the worst.
Majinn | Blâck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

cycao's Avatar


cycao
12.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by VicturusTeSaluto View Post
0/27/14 is a very strong dueling spec... Start out with a stalker set and then optimize with high power mods/enhancements

23/1/17 or most darkness/madness hybrids will be strong dueling specs... instant whirlwind not of as much use for 1v1 so 27/0/14 wouldnt be bad either but I am not a fan of that spec and do not think that force lightning should be a priority for a sin even with harnessed darkness but it may offer a slightly dps edge for 1v1.

full deception will fall behind.

full madness is the worst.
eh. For me that 0/27/14 build is not so bad for warzones as deathfield is a nice ranged AoE but for me its just some fluff damage and does not hit as hard until you get up in the madness tree a bit. Full deception for dueling I prefer over the hybrid as you get the extra damage for shock and you want as much burst as possible.

As for madness, yeah its the worst dueling spec. The set up just takes to long.

orillah's Avatar


orillah
12.05.2012 , 08:32 AM | #7
23-1-17 is good for duels too. And can someone tell me how to beat good enginiring sniper in WJ?

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.05.2012 , 08:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by orillah View Post
23-1-17 is good for duels too. And can someone tell me how to beat good enginiring sniper in WJ?
describe the nature of your trouble with engineering snipers.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.05.2012 , 04:36 PM | #9
I'm not sure how you plan to dps a mobile 30m class with your 10m abilities and I'm not sure how you plan to mitigate the internal damage dots with armor, and I'm not sure how you plan to close the gap vs a class with 3 snares a bubble stun a 30m ww and a force speed
So yeah, either you're playing vs bads or you're losing or you're madness

BicepJohnson's Avatar


BicepJohnson
12.09.2012 , 02:25 AM | #10
Basicly I use a 32/0/9 build with survivor set bonus armorings, stalker mods/enhancements, with a focus and dark charge. This is something that I created myself and I find it to work best for my play style. Obviously there is a bit more to it than that especially with all of the different stat priorities and customize ability. I have so much fun with my toon set up like this!
Shiroe, is it all right if I knee this strange man in the face? - Akatsuki