Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IrishTR
12.05.2012 , 03:53 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by McBainAS View Post
1-Red Eclipse
2-McBainAS
3-On load screens
4-Every load screen
5-
Spoiler

6-
Spoiler

7- Crash to desktop always.
Yours looks like it is a NVIDIA Graphics Driver issue bro

<Data>C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll</Data> That is an Nvidia Driver file, try purging all your NVIDIA Drivers, and installing the latest and greatest from Nvidia.com

Again just trying to help nothing negative. Let us know.

IrishTR
12.05.2012 , 03:56 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Jedi Covenant
It happened to myself 3 consecutive times, and 4 for a groupmate
I was on the esseles, during the last cutscene/conversation...standard mode.

Spoiler

and
Spoiler

I guess 2 are enough.
Yours is faulting from MSVCR90.dll which is tied to C++ Redistributable Package (Microsoft OS Updates), if you haven't try running a Windows Update Full Search not Express) And apply all patches listed. See if that helps?

IrishTR
12.05.2012 , 04:01 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Unhunted View Post
1. ]Name of server: Prophecy of the Five (US)
2. Name of character(s) affected.: All
3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? about every 1-2 hrs
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.:
usually varies
5. DXDiag report
Spoiler

Spoiler
KERNELBASE.dll is part of OS Files Possibly corrupt on your system throwing the errors for you? Sucks but have you tried a full reinstall? of Windows 7? I know the it worked before but problem with good ol computers things can get corrupt for various reasons which makes troubleshooting issues a PITA. Just a thought do a fresh install of OS and all Updates, Drivers and game see if that helps any.

I myself do not randomly CTD, but I can guarantee a CTD right now from random members on a HM Foundry run (I havent got to do one since Tuesday most recent patch/maintenance) but up until then it was a for sure. And that was a on fresh installs.

Anyways just offering what I see in the MS Logs. Since Bioware/EA aren't showing any signs of life

GrizzlyUK
12.05.2012 , 11:01 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
/knock knock...anyone home????

Saw another nice big updated today and nothing about fixing this problem.

HELLOOOOO???? Is anyone reading this forum? My patience, as well as many others, is running very thin.

I'm not sure how much longer I can justify subscribing to a product with this slow / poor customer service. If this is a really complicated fix requiring tons of hours and manpower, fine tell us. Tell us anything more than "we are looking into the problem... blah blah blah." This lack of comunication is rediculous.

I can't believe LucasArts dumped SWG for this.
Pretty much agree with this. It's starting to look as if BioWare/EA are just slowly and steadily killing off this game! So many problems that either aren't being fixed or are just ignored coupled with pretty much zero actual feedback being provided to the players/customers! Their standard response is "We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix" followed by absolutely nothing!
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

Tash_Verano
12.05.2012 , 01:46 PM | #245
1. Server- Jedi Covenant
2. Characters- H'vokk, K'uhl, Xutra, T'lonn, X'vera, K'rowley, I'vano, Sulutakei, Orai'ya, P'eirce, Shep'arhaad, Koltina
3. Daily crashes, common to be multiple times daily.
4. (since 1.4) Whenever I: change areas (switching planets & such), Swap characters, encounter highly populated areas for a time (especially @ fleet), when joining in groups & in Combat (usually during Flashpoints and Operations when there is a lot on screen, but have been in smaller groups and have had this issue as well). it seems to be a delayed reaction though. but it definitely occurs in a consistent manner. I also refrain from using my speeder as I am capable of "outrunning" the environment when using one. it is useless to use it in this state as I am stopped in a limited space until my computer "catches up". this sometimes portends a crash to desktop as well.
5. DxDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability Report-
Spoiler

7. 99% of the time it's a crash to desktop

Ohmondieu
12.05.2012 , 03:20 PM | #246
I’m not sure if my “fix” will help anyone else with these crashes but I have managed to stabilize the game on my system by running the gpu 20% underclocked. Lately I have been trying out a 10% underclock with Vsync on and I haven’t had a crash on that setting yet but I haven’t sat down for an all day session using it. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but WoW is having the same issues with the same cards. It’s actually why I started playing SWTOR.

JovethGonzalez
12.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #247 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. Rest assured that we have been and are working on optimizations to improve performance for those players affected.

Thank you for your patience, and please continue to report your relevant information in this thread as it helps us in our optimizations.

DarkkChaos
12.05.2012 , 03:48 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. Rest assured that we have been and are working on optimizations to improve performance for those players affected.

Thank you for your patience, and please continue to report your relevant information in this thread as it helps us in our optimizations.
And that number is getting smaller as players leave due to the length of time it's taking to resolve this "issue".....this has been on going for months - we are on the verge of the SECOND game update since this issue began......

Please, fix this so we can all go back to enjoying the game we LOVE to play!

BTW....I'm only on this thread because my game has crashed again for the 5th time today.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

psikofunkster
12.05.2012 , 04:24 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
And that number is getting smaller as players leave due to the length of time it's taking to resolve this "issue".....this has been on going for months - we are on the verge of the SECOND game update since this issue began......

Please, fix this so we can all go back to enjoying the game we LOVE to play!

BTW....I'm only on this thread because my game has crashed again for the 5th time today.
LOL i uninstalled last night because of this "issue" although i still want to play the game. If im weak gonna install again this night.

Nee-Elder
12.05.2012 , 05:35 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. .
lol "small" number of users???!!!!?!?!

Seriously? You're really going with that word?

You disappoint me BioWare, you really do.
I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB