Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KonstantyPolian
12.05.2012 , 03:05 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by orenjee View Post
Looks like I won't be able to wear purps for at least week... That's a real bummer. :[

If my boyfriend didn't work in web dev I'd be pretty mad... But it's natural for stuff like this to happen when developing any kind of anything so I understand and will be patient. Hope everyone else will try to be patient too.

Developers are people too you can't expect everything to be perfect guys. Mistakes are natural.

Developers are people but what update to make mistakes
Each patch updates, etc. should be tested on dedicated serverach (test server)
Someone has to answer for such negligence because it is a nightmare, I wonder whether or not to go back to WoW or WoT

ps. I am a customer so I demand such wages are the realities of this world
if anyone should be exposed object is fit for wages
in my country this game is not cheap and apologizing mute point it would be better to quickly repair

I know my English is not so good translator helps me wrong and they always consist of the opinion
There is no death, there is immortality.
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

JovethGonzalez
12.05.2012 , 03:05 PM | #222 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

as the CS folks mentioned earlier we're definitely aware of this and have added it to our Known Issues list. We are looking to resolve this as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on the site and in this thread for any updates. Thank you for your patience!

Darvus
12.05.2012 , 03:10 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

as the CS folks mentioned earlier we're definitely aware of this and have added it to our Known Issues list. We are looking to resolve this as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on the site and in this thread for any updates. Thank you for your patience!
Add to that list, Match to Chest for companions. I assume it is all the same bug that thinks we are not subscribed!!
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

KailuaSith
12.05.2012 , 03:26 PM | #224
Same problem as OP.

Third game breaking issue in as many weeks. This game is a sham and a disgrace.
The Tyrannicus Legacy
Kraygg: 50 Sorcerer / Fee'Nix: 50 Sniper / Pryss: 50 Sentinel / Eviscerus: 50 Marauder / Kruciatus: 50 Juggernaut

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 03:32 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by KailuaSith View Post
Same problem as OP.

Third game breaking issue in as many weeks. This game is a sham and a disgrace.

Only slightly melodramatic. If you can still play you will be fine. If you can still wear blues then wear blues if you are that concerned with gear progression. Purples only adds 1 extra stat. I put blue armorings/mods in my gear when it takes me too long to RE purples on my main. Same thing with the gear I make with Armormech/Synthweaving.

It's not game breaking. It's called have some patience while they resolve the issue. When the issue occurred with the companion gear they had it fixed the next day.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

krisdead
12.05.2012 , 03:35 PM | #226
so this is an old issue? cmon guys this is what i payed for. can i have it now?

tommytiger
12.05.2012 , 03:43 PM | #227
I don't know what to do. I won't unsub, can tell you that. But im over the poor customer service from BW.

So i clicked the community forum staff members post, and reported it. Everybody else should too. It does not look like a hot fix or early patch will happen, F2P are prefferred players so we who pay already have to suck it up.

Tried buying the cartel coin permission thing an it doesnt let me because I am a subscriber.

Least BW can do is award some BH comms or cartel coins once this is resolved to mollify the subscribers they have hacked off.
Lives on the Harbringer
Stahnhope Tanking Jugg
SpellshatterHealing Sorc
Ora'geKnife Spec Pvp Op/Healing PVE Op

Slurmez
12.05.2012 , 04:15 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I couldnt give a shiny **** if you are aware of this or not, why pay a subscription if you are limited and unable to use what you pay for? Everything that has come out of the stables has been bad comedy recently, instead of the game looking for a flag on the account it looks for it per character, what the hell kind of coding is that?

You had to fix the companion break you caused because it affected everyone, this is a fairly low impact issue so you dont really give a crap do you?

chimex
12.05.2012 , 04:15 PM | #229
***Began about 9 hours ago***

***Updated from about 2 hours ago***

Ok, so far I have managed to test the following (with some credit expenditures from my own credit pouch!):

So far I know:

1) Artifact Items are affected (duh!)
2) "Orange" gear does not seem to be affected.
3) The issue is with crafted gear only. Gear drops, even sold on the GTN are fine.
4) "Purple" item modifications are not affected.
5) Gear already equipped but then re-equipped are not affected.
6) Companions are not affected by this.
7) Tested on 3 characters (both factions, different AC's (two are same basic but mirrored) same server) and all 3 are affected.
8) This issue occurred once patch: 04/Dec/2012 was implemented and installed.
9) This is an issue across EU and US servers and both across PvE and PvP. (Source: player signatures in this thread)
10) "Blue" or "green" gear are not affected.
11) The error message indicates this is due to a f2p restriction, even though subscriptions are in place. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9075200...in/photostream (Image provided by MarkoJinn on page 2 of this thread)
12) Characters created before and after patch: 04/Dec/2012 are experiencing this artifact restriction
13) The issue does not affect unbound "Orange" gear with unbound artifact mods before equipping to your character.
14) Space ship upgrades are not affected
15) The issue is now stickied on the known bugs (Dec 5th edition)
Quote:
Items and Economy
  • Players are currently unable to equip some crafted Artifact (purple) quality items. An error message will be displayed when the player attempts to equip one of the affected items.
Personally, I would like to thank AmberGreen for updating that sticky today:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

Yet to find out:

1) If "epics" are affected.
2) If this only applies to subscriber accounts or if this also applies to f2p/preferred accounts who have purchased the cartel unlock. (I don't recommend anyone spend money on this, just a nod if you already have or know someone who has these circumstances)
3) If asian pacific servers are affected
4) If commendation "purples" are affected
5) If bound to legacy (if you can get artifact gear in BoL!) is affected
6) If any other restrictions have surfaced on subscription accounts.
7) If speeders are also affected (unsure if people can craft artifact speeders)
8) If this affects "purple" gear purchased from the Cartel Store

Tried and failed "work arounds":

1) Relogging characters
2) Restarting the game client.
3) Selling to vendor and buying back
4) Giving to companion, then attempting to place on character once bound.
5) I also heard someone gave an artifact item to a friend. Neither was unable to equip the weapons (I believe it was a shotgun/scatter gun). trading is not a work around.
6) "Repairing" game files has no affect on this bug. The issue is still present.
7) A combination of both points 3) and 4) does not fix this. I tried binding via companion, selling to vendor and buying the item back, the issue has not been fixed.
8) Swearing at CS representatives on the forums. Thank you non the less for trying, Azola
9) Adding a MK-1 Augment slot and placing a "blue" augment does not resolve the issue.

If anyone else has any more info, pls post it on this thread or PM me. I'll update this post for everyones (including BW/EA's benefit.)

Major development:

Quote:
We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, November 6th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.

The servers will be down for two hours on Thursday, December 6th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET/7PM AEDT) until 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET/9PM AEDT). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than two hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Maintenance

Date: Thursday, December 6th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET/7PM AEDT) until 4AM CST (2AM PST/5AM EST/10AM GMT/11AM CET/9PM AEDT)

All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than two hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
This has been stickied from the General Discussion page about 10 minutes ago. I would like to thank CourtneyWoods for the sticky.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567024

NB: I would like to point out this states nothing about the issue in this thread. None the less, seeing as this is an unscheduled maintenance, it warrents attention. If they release patch notes, I'll keep y'all updated

x
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Blockk
12.05.2012 , 04:25 PM | #230
cant equip purple items

not great

happy that maintenance is nearby
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi