Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random disconnections / spikes

Aroghast
12.05.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
Since yesterday (12/4/12), I have been getting seemingly random massive latency spikes and / or disconnects, dropping me back to the server selection screen. My internet connection is otherwise completely stable during these issues, and I'm having no other stability or connection speed issues outside of swtor.

I have run the normal batch of generic connection troubleshooting things (power cycle modem, flush DNS, renew IP, etc.), but none of that has resolved the issue.

I play on The Shadowlands, live in Minneapolis, MN, and my ISP is Comcast.

Marcaunon
12.06.2012 , 06:57 AM | #2
You are not alone:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...545658&page=37

You have been lucky for not having problems until yesterday

Aroghast
12.06.2012 , 11:31 PM | #3
Well, I only started playing last week.

Still no solutions for this? I've seen a couple of weekly maintenance runs, a extra maintenance yesterday, and still this issue persists (got disconnected a couple of times this afternoon). Really looking for a real response and a fix from CS here.

Error messages given are either 4001 or 9000 (I've seen both come up).

wairuakaha
12.07.2012 , 12:32 AM | #4
As suggested above this BS has been an ongoing issue for quite some time now resulting in game breaking CTD especially when it breaks you from the game in the middle of an Ops or FP resulting in a total wipe.

Open the BW/EA "Staff Only" door and you see ...
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." - Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Aroghast
12.09.2012 , 09:15 PM | #5
Getting Error 9000'd constantly tonight.

Here's a tracert and pathping. Maybe this time there'll be a relevant response or fix from CS?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aroghast
12.11.2012 , 09:53 AM | #6
Massive connection failure this morning. Spiking started about 20 minutes ago, and kept going until finally DCing me now. The latency was constant the entire time. I managed to tab out and run a tracert and pathping during the event.

Some obvious issues happening here, and the length of constant latency problem is different from the previous behavior. One consistency between this episode and the longer-term problem are that I've had no other issues with my connection during this time (speed tests maintaining normal speeds, streaming audio / video in the background coming in at normal speeds, etc.)

Spoiler

Chickensevil
12.11.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
this as you have been having issues for a while, I dont know if this is help for you or not. But if you look at the forums there are a ton of people with lag and disconnect issues after this morning's patch. Hopefully when they fix this it will fix your current issues.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Aroghast
12.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #8
After this morning's crazy latency issues (I saw a CS post mention there was a problem with a Verizon cluster?), I have tried playing again starting around 4pm Central. I have been getting constant latency spikes and disconnects with no more than 10 minutes and as little as 3 minutes apart each time. This has persisted from approximately 4pm until now (6:45pm), and has shown no signs of stopping.

I have repeated many connection fixes, repaired my game client from the launcher twice, and still nothing is helping.