Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.05.2012 , 01:28 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post
Seena,

I personally don't see this as an exploit. You are entitled to your opinion. This is after all America. However, as I peruse this thread I feel that perhaps you are spending an inordinate amount of time to address this issue. By the way what is the ethical difference between a 49 Twink pwning lvl 30 dudes in greens and a Lvl 50 in full min/maxed pvp Elite War Hero gear pwning a noob fifty in recruit gear. People stand much more of a chance against my twink then they do against a full elite war hero dude while wearing recruit gear.

You are 100% correct. I am entitled to my opinion. And don't you worry about how I spend my time sweetie -- that's very kind of you, but I have it all under control.

Now - instead of wasting YOUR time in my thread -- why don't you take your twink, gained through exploiting (vs a legitimate twink, of which there are plenty), and go beat up some low levels instead of asking questions with moot answers?

:;pats you on the head:: So sweet you are to worry about how I spend my time... would you like a cookie?
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 01:28 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Cool Story Bro.



If you really cared about "freedom of choice" you'd petition bioware for an inclusion of an "exp/rewards" toggle so you could finish a warzone and actually see who won and your score. As you also haven't read or understood a word I said about my opinion on this "seriousness" of this issue and apparently Official Bioware Articles, Official Bioware Posts, the ToS, and Industry Relevant articles are ancedotal in your eyes, I will not waste my time.



*sighs* I keep saying I'm done and then I give into the urge to laugh at someone's willful ignorance. Sorry, it seems your thread got a little hijacked on what qualifies as an exploit. However, I do have something relevant to add:

I believe someone might have mentioned this before, but I think whether to "fix" this issue or just as a good feature to add to pvp, medals should give exp when received. I would reduce the exp reward at the end by 10% or so, and then add scaling exp rewards per medal that equal out to that 10%.

I'm open to anyone who can point out something I missed, but of any leveling activity PvP is the only one that doesn't give full rewards till it's completed. Quests have mobs, activities and bonuses that give exp even if you drop the quest instead of turning it in. Flashpoints are the same. Space missions give a little exp per enemy destroyed as well as contianing bonuses, etc... Even exploration grants small amounts of exp when encountering a new area or accessing a new "codex." Adding small activity related exp in pvp would only bring it more in line with other level related activities.

I'd love to hear (not directed at you Seena) a reason the inclussion of experience for medals (capping at 8 as normal) when you receive them isn't a good thing, even just from an equality of "playstyles" standpoint.
People might actually take you more seriously if you actually followed through on your convictions. How many times have you said you're done posting here, and come back? Like 4 times now? Dude man, learn some self control. It'll help you in life.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 01:37 PM | #423
Oh and I would totally support changing it so each medal you get gives you a bit of xp, comms, valor, and credits.

Having medals only give xp does NOT help 50s who DC. I mean this is why we want this change right? To improve WZs right? And not just punish only 1%--or however small--of the population that stays 49.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.05.2012 , 02:00 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Oh and I would totally support changing it so each medal you get gives you a bit of xp, comms, valor, and credits.

Having medals only give xp does NOT help 50s who DC. I mean this is why we want this change right? To improve WZs right? And not just punish only 1%--or however small--of the population that stays 49.
This is the internet... no one takes anyone seriously. -.- I especially don't take anyone seriously who shows a lack of reasoning skills, reading comprehension, or common sense.

Onto the subject at hand:

My stated reason for the change actually is to bring PvP in line with other leveling related activities... which give exp for smaller tasks during the course of the activity (Questing, Class Missions, Flashpoints, and Space).

As the other poster brought up, Instant +comms could have people leaving if they can receive them fast enough (or if they are enough per) and it's quicker to get in a new match than it is to finish this one. I however suggested adding a +credit gain for the medals, as one of the complaints I've seen post 50 is how poorly PvP pays compared to PvE. I believe a +Exp and +Credits instantly upon receiving a medal (capping at 8 like post-wz rewards) would do nicely.

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
12.05.2012 , 02:30 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
the above statement in pink will follow you for the rest of your life..
I worked hard and long when crafting my WH character and put my "big boy/girl pants on".

See? It still won't follow me in life. If I have to spell it out for you:
Twinking implies will not follow me
"legit" WH implies will not follow me

therefore, I conclude that twinking or getting legit wh is irrelevant to whether or not it follows me and your post is invalid
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.05.2012 , 02:35 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
I worked hard and long when crafting my WH character and put my "big boy/girl pants on".

See? It still won't follow me in life. If I have to spell it out for you:
Twinking implies will not follow me
"legit" WH implies will not follow me

therefore, I conclude that twinking or getting legit wh is irrelevant to whether or not it follows me and your post is invalid
Before you say that; I think you should see the definition of "Twink"

thanks to this thread; we know who you are. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 02:43 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Before you say that; I think you should see the definition of "Twink"

thanks to this thread; we know who you are. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Ya the gaming community has taken that term to mean something else.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 02:50 PM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
This is the internet... no one takes anyone seriously. -.- I especially don't take anyone seriously who shows a lack of reasoning skills, reading comprehension, or common sense.
I take certain things on the internet very seriously. It all depends on the situation. When I post, I'm very serious unless the other guy is trying to troll or being an idiot. I say what I mean, whether that's in life or on a forum.

You can try to brush it off like its nothing, but the fact remains that you were so incredibly frustrated with this thread that you said you were gonna stop posting here like 4 times?, but kept coming back for more. If you can't even take your own words seriously, why should anyone else?

Quote:
Onto the subject at hand:

My stated reason for the change actually is to bring PvP in line with other leveling related activities... which give exp for smaller tasks during the course of the activity (Questing, Class Missions, Flashpoints, and Space).

As the other poster brought up, Instant +comms could have people leaving if they can receive them fast enough (or if they are enough per) and it's quicker to get in a new match than it is to finish this one. I however suggested adding a +credit gain for the medals, as one of the complaints I've seen post 50 is how poorly PvP pays compared to PvE. I believe a +Exp and +Credits instantly upon receiving a medal (capping at 8 like post-wz rewards) would do nicely.
Except that quest, class, and FPs all give xp, credits, and items along the way. These are all things you get as a reward at the end, and in far greater quantities. So if you're trying to bring WZs in line with other parts of the game, medals need to reward comms, valor, credits, and xp.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.05.2012 , 03:00 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I take certain things on the internet very seriously. It all depends on the situation. When I post, I'm very serious unless the other guy is trying to troll or being an idiot. I say what I mean, whether that's in life or on a forum.

You can try to brush it off like its nothing, but the fact remains that you were so incredibly frustrated with this thread that you said you were gonna stop posting here like 4 times?, but kept coming back for more.
Cool story bro.

Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Except that quest, class, and FPs all give xp, credits, and items along the way. These are all things you get as a reward at the end, and in far greater quantities. So if you're trying to bring WZs in line with other parts of the game, medals need to reward comms, valor, credits, and xp.
The items items during the undertaking of those tasks are normal trash or greens, which translate into credits more than anything else. There are some rare chances at blues and/or purples, but it's not a guarantee like giving +comms would be. Also, comms are multi-use and are much more useful than the random blues you find (which often get vendored/gtn'ed)

Valor is not gain from any of the above mentioned activities either, it is social assuming you are in a group (and not in space). So actually, +exp, +credits, +social would be more appropriate per medal.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 07:06 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Cool story bro.
IKR

Quote:
The items items during the undertaking of those tasks are normal trash or greens, which translate into credits more than anything else. There are some rare chances at blues and/or purples, but it's not a guarantee like giving +comms would be. Also, comms are multi-use and are much more useful than the random blues you find (which often get vendored/gtn'ed)

Valor is not gain from any of the above mentioned activities either, it is social assuming you are in a group (and not in space). So actually, +exp, +credits, +social would be more appropriate per medal.
Quests, missions, FPs give you credit, xp, items as reward. In the process you get credit, xp, items.

So it's only consistent if you make medals give comms, credits, xp, valor.