Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gyronamics
12.05.2012 , 07:24 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I'm not talking about lag. Lag is random.

Let's say a Sniper is shooting at the ape. Shooting at his face if you want, which means the Sniper is in front of him but safely at like 20m. Ape starts pounding his chest. Sniper runs and keeps being in front of him. Smash. Everybody on falls on the ground. Where is the Sniper ? In front of the ape and not safely at 20m. Sometimes the boss will jump to the pipe immediately after the smash, sometimes he wont (dont know that works tbh). If he doesn't, the Sniper will most likely get cleaved.
When you run to the boss if you're heals or dps, stay looking at his butt, after the smash when you fall, you'll be at his back, so no risk of getting cleaved. Not everybody does this.
1) sitting at range is pointless in this fight because you do have to run under his balls at the jump so you prepare by NOT sitting 20m away.

2) You skip the smash by doing extremely heavy dps which pushes him into a jump phase without a smash.

3) Death by boss attacks is the last thing that's going to kill you in this encounter unless you know the fight but are are horribly undergeared.

Fallerup
12.05.2012 , 07:36 AM | #232
the only hard boss in LI is the droid, the rest are a walk in the park and the first boss is a total joke and the miniboss too. The droid is hard, if people keep leaving bubbles all over the place, which is usually my case.

I should note that I haven't tried tanking the bonus boss, as we always skip it, is it hard?
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Gyronamics
12.05.2012 , 07:57 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
the only hard boss in LI is the droid, the rest are a walk in the park and the first boss is a total joke and the miniboss too. The droid is hard, if people keep leaving bubbles all over the place, which is usually my case.

I should note that I haven't tried tanking the bonus boss, as we always skip it, is it hard?
You need to interrupt it because it can do massive damage.

Otherwise no.

wainot-keel
12.05.2012 , 09:05 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
1) sitting at range is pointless in this fight because you do have to run under his balls at the jump so you prepare by NOT sitting 20m away.
When I'm healing this flashpoint, I don't care where the dps is. I care only about them not eating the boss's cleave (and not being knocked off the platform,lol)
Snipers could use their entrenched thing and not even bother running towards the boss.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
2) You skip the smash by doing extremely heavy dps which pushes him into a jump phase without a smash.
Not everybody is overgeared/awesome parse player whetever to force a smash skip evertime. But everybody can position themselves so when/if the smash happens, they won't eat a cleave afterwards. This only requires a bit of attention. That's all.

From a healer POV, dps eating boss's cleaves = stressful fight. DPS avoiding that damage, restful fight.

Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 11:57 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Then do it with Tionese gear, if you can't handle challenge, don't do it. Stop whining about nonexistant issues.
Most of the players need columi to beat it, especially pugs

It's not a challenge, a FP's drop should give upgrade to most of the players who can do it rather than some elite players.

Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 11:59 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
i did it on my sorcerer with half tionesse/columi, no black hole at all and no augments, but i did have guildies with me that have brains.
So it's not pug and I believe you are familiar with it before your tried it.

Khevar
12.05.2012 , 01:02 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So it's not pug and I believe you are familiar with it before your tried it.
A pug that has troubles with LR-5 is going to have troubles no matter what loot drops.

Changing the LR-5 loot to level 58 gear ISN'T GOING TO IMPROVE PLAYER PERFORMANCE.

I submit to you that it will actually WORSEN player performance, encouraging people to overgear instead of improving skill and strategy.
Most of the players need columi to beat it, especially pugs

It's not a challenge, a FP's drop should give upgrade to most of the players who can do it rather than some elite players.
How about this, the skilled player is rewarded with a LOT of usable loot upgrades.

The mediocre player is rewarded with FEW usable loot upgrades.

How is this not fair?

Slowpokeking
12.05.2012 , 01:52 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
A pug that has troubles with LR-5 is going to have troubles no matter what loot drops.

Changing the LR-5 loot to level 58 gear ISN'T GOING TO IMPROVE PLAYER PERFORMANCE.

I submit to you that it will actually WORSEN player performance, encouraging people to overgear instead of improving skill and strategy.
But a columi team(which is most of the players who can beat it) could get some upgrade from the boss.

No, it's to let decent players be able to get upgrade.

Khevar
12.05.2012 , 02:33 PM | #239
But a columi team(which is most of the players who can beat it) could get some upgrade from the boss.

No, it's to let decent players be able to get upgrade.
You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.

Ephesia
12.05.2012 , 02:42 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.
2nd paragraph are full of words with wisdom. Listen to Khevar, Khevar knows all ...well as good as Kitru in this case.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst