Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installin main assets 93 (0%)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Installin main assets 93 (0%)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darkparr
12.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #11
Has anyone found a fix for this? I've tried what the CS post says but it still didn't work

Beesodd
12.05.2012 , 12:49 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Darkparr,

Can I check that your issue is with a main_assets file, rather than a game_client one? If it's the former, can you post up a copy of your launcher log, it might be useful.

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Please post these within spoiler tags. You can do this by putting [spoiler] before the body of text and [/spoiler] after it.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Darkparr
12.05.2012 , 01:03 PM | #13
The launcher says 'Installing Main Assets 93' and remains like that, so I'm guessing it is definitely the main_assets file.
1st half of log:
Spoiler

Darkparr
12.05.2012 , 01:04 PM | #14
2nd half
Spoiler

Beesodd
12.05.2012 , 01:36 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks, this is main assets alright. That is interesting that this didn't take.

Can you run through the steps in my previous post again. This time please also delete the patch.[long, random string of numbers and letters] file.

If this doesn't help, can you check if assets_swtor_main_90to92 has been recreated when you try to patch?

Thanks.

Darkparr
12.05.2012 , 01:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks, this is main assets alright. That is interesting that this didn't take.

Can you run through the steps in my previous post again. This time please also delete the patch.[long, random string of numbers and letters] file.

If this doesn't help, can you check if assets_swtor_main_90to92 has been recreated when you try to patch?

Thanks.
I tried the process again (I missed the [long, random string of numbers and letters] file.before, I wasnt sure if that was one needing deleting). I managed to delete all files listed.
The launcher is now stuck at the same point 'Installing Main Assets 93' but is now at 28%

I also checked and 'assets_swtor_main_90to92' has been recreated each time

Darkparr
12.05.2012 , 02:23 PM | #17
I've still been trying with little success. I have restarted computer several times, tried in safe mode, done the instructions from CS several times.... and still nothing is working.

Beesodd
12.05.2012 , 02:31 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the further detail. Most commonly it's the anti-virus blocking something, which then can lead the launcher to locking up. Starting in safe mode after nuking the relevant files should prevent this from happening.

This then leads to the other 2 possibilities, a Windows setting or a hardware issue. For the former, the easiest way to check for this is to create a new user profile and check if the issue persists on that. A tutorial can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/w...d-user-profile

If this comes up empty, the next step is to check for hardware issues. This post contains info on checking for HDD and RAM issues (chkdsk and memtest, respectively).

Loknido
12.05.2012 , 02:54 PM | #19
Can't believe this is going to "check your hardware" when I've been patching since Beta on the same computer. This is day 2 and still none of these solutions have worked. This is my original post and i have tried everything short of re downloading the whole thing and installing. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=566578

I'm just about ready to give up.
Imdabes

Zoozy
12.05.2012 , 03:55 PM | #20
try to reinstall game. i donwload 1.5.0 client and than update all.
Zoozy Sith Marauder <Za Drots> Tomb of Freedom Nadd