Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Scotland
12.05.2012 , 12:04 PM | #411

Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

MrCheeseChuckles
12.05.2012 , 12:09 PM | #412
To be honest. I don't see this 49 "twink" problem at all, me and my friend (I'm a Gunslinger and he's a Trooper) PVP A LOT so suffice to say we have run into plenty of these lvl 49... And I haven't had any trouble killing them at lvl 21 with no pvp gear at all or anything like that. I can (and often do tbh) dominate them. So I can't see what all this fuzz is about. I don't think these people need to "put on their big boy pants" as much as you need to stop seeing down a narrow tunnel. Let them play how they want to play the game, and you play your way. They're not overpowered in any way (unless the player is good but that is the case from 18-49).

Nucairion
12.05.2012 , 12:25 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
As long as there's a 200 hour plus grind to gear up to be on a level playing field at 50- don't expect people to be so eager to get into this. Especially players who might only play one or two hours a day due to work, family, etc....- for them that grind can take months.

There will always be twinking in any game that has absurd gear discrepancies- and even so, level 49 twinks still have a far less significant advantage over level 20-25ish players (frankly, entering pvp before 20 is asking to get served) than optimized, augmented WH versus new recruits.

I don't even do this twinking thing- I almost do nothing but pvp on my level 20-30 alts because it's fun and feels balanced even at that level after dealing with the extreme TTK of 50 and the marauder root and smash trains. Yet, I see no problem with people that do this- they know full well level 50 pvp is brutal- even level 50 players all agree, look at the forums, you see almost nobody (outside marauders) saying good things about level 50 pvp.

Seems like they're the smart ones actually.
problem is there not even gearing themself up in prep for 50 pvp as there getting no rewards so all there twinks and gear changes in end count for nothing because simply put eventually they will always have a gear gap at 50. so they pvp and leave so they dont have to get lvl 50 coz they running scared of paying there dews and earning there pvp gear. and running away from 50 pvp jsut because of gear gaps is pritty cowardly imo id rather hit lvl 50 get recruit gear and get owned than stay lvl 49 with pruple gear and look good in lowbies as anyone can look good in a lowbie wz to do well in recruit gear in a wz now that is real skill
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Seena
12.05.2012 , 12:32 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Sadly without insider knowledge of Bioware's coding, code team, resources, and time constraints we can't really tell how resource intensive a solution would be, but I imagine something as simple as +500 exp when X happens can't be too hard.

I would suggest putting a post in the suggesiton forum for this.

Also, if you haven't already and really feel strongly about this issue, you can ticket/report people you suspect of this and explain in that ticket what they're doing. You'll gain more ground if you watch them for awhile and note down the warzones and the times you see them leave. Bioware may do nothing, but they are the ones with the ability to see if there is a pattern.

Because the definiton of "Exploit" is so broad (as is the one for "Intended") most issues like this fall into a grey category. There is no literature that I've found that prohibits someone leaving for this reason, and many people take the stance "If it doesn't say I -can't- do it, then I can!"

I found the same problem in Tera with their political system and Guild vs. Guild. A few guilds made alt guilds when Tera introduced "Open World GvG contests to control territory" and just farmed their alts to win, while hiding from legitmate guilds. There was nothing in the "rules" that stated you couldn't register two guilds and farm them. Tera's Dev's laughed, told those guilds they should have know better and then punished them.

Also, if you haven't already and really feel strongly about this issue, you can ticket/report people you suspect of this and explain in that ticket what they're doing. You'll gain more ground if you watch them for awhile and note down the warzones and the times you see them leave. Bioware may do nothing, but they are the ones with the ability to see if there is a pattern.
I honestly don't want to start reporting people. The point isn't to go after individuals - just fix the exploit. Some of those who are planning to do this/actively doing it are people I actually like and pvp with regularly - and there's something - well -- less than kosher about selectively reporting people, so, imo it's better to not single out individuals.

As for the action falling into a "grey category" as an exploit -- not buying it. Not buying it one bit. But I totally understand people trying to rationalize crap behavior - it's human nature

MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Scotland
12.05.2012 , 12:36 PM | #415
Albā Anaigh

Atramar
12.05.2012 , 12:40 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
You don't say
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Scotland
12.05.2012 , 12:43 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
uh huh
Albā Anaigh

Atramar
12.05.2012 , 12:46 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
this sums up whole topic
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Beakertanks
12.05.2012 , 01:09 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Ohhh I will work VERY VERY long and hard to do what ever I can to make sure this is fixed.

As for whining about warzones and knowing of tactics - I'm not the one using an exploit to stay level 49 in perpetuity and spending millions to beat up on lower level toons now, am I?
Seena,

I personally don't see this as an exploit. You are entitled to your opinion. This is after all America. However, as I peruse this thread I feel that perhaps you are spending an inordinate amount of time to address this issue. By the way what is the ethical difference between a 49 Twink pwning lvl 30 dudes in greens and a Lvl 50 in full min/maxed pvp Elite War Hero gear pwning a noob fifty in recruit gear. People stand much more of a chance against my twink then they do against a full elite war hero dude while wearing recruit gear.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I'm not going to go into the whole issue of that you're just essentially wasting your own time if you enter warzone and leave before it finishes, so you can perpetually stay lvl49. Others have done that already for me.

I will, however, call you out on one thing. You are abandoning your teammates for your own selfish reasons (to avoid getting experience) and bailing on your teammates is wrong.
How does it hurt his team if a 49 leaves at the end of a match? I haven't played my twink in a while, but I'm pretty sure you don't actually get the xp until the scoreboard pops up. There's a long enough delay when game ends and the board pops for anyone to easily leave WZ.