Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
12.05.2012 , 01:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
(Side question here, but Goto was programmed to serve the republic, even if it meant breaking its laws due to a programming conflict at a point, but does that programming still exist? If it did, Plaegius could make himself seem like he would bring it back and he was its only hope for resurrection, thus making Goto completely unable to harm him, and making it an almost-auto win for Plaegius. I say almost cause we all know how much those HK-50s enjoy killing organics.)
No, that wouldn't be allowed as that technically counts as surrender on G0-T0s part. But in a real fight it would be possible so let's just consider it. IMO this would not work, G0-T0 knows Plagueis is Sith and he sees both Sith ans Jedi as negative for the Republic, so he would seek to destroy him. He may see Hego Damask as good for the Republic but when he discovers his true identity he will will not. And even if Plagueis does attempt to convince him it will not work, because as a Sith G0-T0 will see him as inherently bad for the Republic due to the countless wars the Sith have waged against it.

MasterMe
12.05.2012 , 11:24 AM | #42
I haven't had a chance to read ALL of this, but I'm leaning towards a G0-T0 victory.

Maaruin
12.05.2012 , 12:35 PM | #43
I think things would change if towards Plagueis if he knew G0-T0 was a droid. Because then he would know that G0-T0 is limited by programming. Plagueis could try to find creative ways of attacking him, which he is not propared for. Yes, "broken" droids in Star Wars are able to think creatively, but I think to reach the level of guys like Plagueis would be unlikely to happen. (Exept if we assume G0-T0 was around from the time of KOTORII up to the Prequels.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
12.05.2012 , 12:40 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I think things would change if towards Plagueis if he knew G0-T0 was a droid. Because then he would know that G0-T0 is limited by programming. Plagueis could try to find creative ways of attacking him, which he is not propared for. Yes, "broken" droids in Star Wars are able to think creatively, but I think to reach the level of guys like Plagueis would be unlikely to happen. (Exept if we assume G0-T0 was around from the time of KOTORII up to the Prequels.)
You make a good point, but elaboration is required... ideas aren't going to kill G0-T0

GarfieldJL
12.05.2012 , 01:17 PM | #45
Unless Darth Plagueis is an expert computer programmer, which he probably isn't, that isn't likely to happen. Also G0-T0 probably passed the threshold into having consciousness, the droid had imagination and a deviousness that is hardly ever seen in a droid.

Plagueis was trained in concealing himself in the Force from the Jedi, not hiding his activity from a Droid Crimelord that would probably have been evenly matched up against Prince Xizor, I seriously doubt Darth Plagueis could hide his movements from G0-T0.

Maaruin
12.05.2012 , 01:47 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
You make a good point, but elaboration is required... ideas aren't going to kill G0-T0
I'm not as samrt as Plagueis, but I'll try: He could hide on a world with a culture far different from the galactic standard and control his operations from there. Let's say, for example, Voss. If he is enough of a threat, G0-T0 would turn his attention there. But most of his power base are droids and won't be able to adapt to the culture. And they also can't simply ignore them or blast their way through them. And everyone else G0-T0 sends won't be a match for Plagueis.

If that isn't allowed, Plagueis could develop a new culture, a completely new code of honor and combat rituals for his Sun Guard. Something G0-T0 is not familiar with. For example, let the command shift after 15 minutes of battle. Order them to take droids prisoners. Let them attack primarily low priority targets. All in all this might wear down his powerbase. (I would need much more time to develop completely new but still decently effective strategies, I hope you see the genereal idea, though.)

Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Unless Darth Plagueis is an expert computer programmer, which he probably isn't, that isn't likely to happen. Also G0-T0 probably passed the threshold into having consciousness, the droid had imagination and a deviousness that is hardly ever seen in a droid.
Even if G0-T0 passed that point, he would still be at the start of it. The general idea is to confront him with situations he isn't prepared for. Even at this point of consciousness, G0-T0 would probably have problems to adapt to things which aren't in his original programming.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
12.05.2012 , 01:51 PM | #47
I'm not as samrt as Plagueis, but I'll try: He could hide on a world with a culture far different from the galactic standard and control his operations from there. Let's say, for example, Voss. If he is enough of a threat, G0-T0 would turn his attention there. But most of his power base are droids and won't be able to adapt to the culture. And they also can't simply ignore them or blast their way through them. And everyone else G0-T0 sends won't be a match for Plagueis.

If that isn't allowed, Plagueis could develop a new culture, a completely new code of honor and combat rituals for his Sun Guard. Something G0-T0 is not familiar with. For example, let the command shift after 15 minutes of battle. Order them to take droids prisoners. Let them attack primarily low priority targets. All in all this might wear down his powerbase. (I would need much more time to develop completely new but still decently effective strategies, I hope you see the genereal idea, though.)
So basically Plagueis could adapt his strategy to target droids. Weapons, tactics etc. This would certainly make him more prepared. But the HK-50 droids are likely to be a spinball - and he won't see them coming. And remember G0-T0 is an Exchange boss, so his underlings are mainly organic.

Maaruin
12.05.2012 , 01:57 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
So basically Plagueis could adapt his strategy to target droids. Weapons, tactics etc. This would certainly make him more prepared. But the HK-50 droids are likely to be a spinball - and he won't see them coming. And remember G0-T0 is an Exchange boss, so his underlings are mainly organic.
Well, no. The idea is to simply use unconventional strategies because G0-T0 and HK-50 can only adapt to what they have access to in their programming and databases they can hack. Plagueis could also travel to Endor and learn Ewok tactics. And Exchange underlings are to dumb for that stuff

What happens if G0-T0 encounters a stituation he is not prepared for? I think we get an idea of this after he joins the Exile. He views her as his employee. This is what I would call a glitch. The situation has developed in a way he isn't able to keep up with.
-Ajunta Pall

Warren-Stride
12.05.2012 , 04:44 PM | #49
Well, no. The idea is to simply use unconventional strategies because G0-T0 and HK-50 can only adapt to what they have access to in their programming and databases they can hack. Plagueis could also travel to Endor and learn Ewok tactics. And Exchange underlings are to dumb for that stuff

What happens if G0-T0 encounters a stituation he is not prepared for? I think we get an idea of this after he joins the Exile. He views her as his employee. This is what I would call a glitch. The situation has developed in a way he isn't able to keep up with.
If you are saying GO-TO can't adapt.... *facepalm*

Adapting is what GO-TO has been doing since the very beginning. It was his IDEA to create to fake human persona. It was his IDEA to set up a crime ring to aid the Republic. It was his IDEA to place bounties on the heads of Jedi and Sith. None of those things were in his programming. To say that GO-TO cannot adapt to a new situation is completely..... wrong.

Droids, in general, adapt. If you aren't a B1 battle droid, chances are you will adapt. And GO-TO and the HKs are VERY fancy droids. They will adapt to whatever Plagueis throws at them.

(As for the Exile thing, I'm pretty sure that was just his pride talking. He DOES have a personality.)

Canino
12.05.2012 , 06:38 PM | #50
This is getting pretty interesting. Team G0-T0 assemble!!

O.K., lets see.The Sun Guard are with Plagueis, but that to me leads to weakness. The Sun Guard are a mercenary cult, they protect their lord on the moon of Sojourn, and if they die, he can hire more. But what if the Exchange decided to attack the moon, nullifying the Sun Guard if the siege where successful. The Sun Guard where powerful, but the entire Exchange and a droid army would win. The only Sun Guard left would be those with Plagueis, which probably wouldn't be more than twenty.

What do you think? Are the Sun Guard out of the fight?
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------