Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Wars

NatashaTerenzio
12.01.2012 , 02:28 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
AAAh!! Elliah! Weird that my JC is also named Elliah, only mine is a female, I should have her do more epic stuff.
LOL You totally should!
"A king has his reign, and then he dies." -Meredith Vickers
Schizo Extraordinaire; too many alts to mention.

NatashaTerenzio
12.03.2012 , 07:04 PM | #82
[Super busy weekend so a short installment. I will have a very lengthy one for you guys on Friday ]

The Consular
Location Classified

"Xerrin stop, you are not yourself!" My double edged blade clashed violently against Xerrin's singular one. Whatever the Voss had done to her had made her stronger, much stronger.

"You are a traitor to the Jedi order," she said in a flat tone.

Damn. She would need healing and a great deal of it. I broke away from her attack, taking a quick step backwards to put some distance between. Our blades hummed in the silence of the cave. I doubted I could use any of my force abilities here; there was a void, a cold sucking energy that acted like a shield against the force. I would have to defeat her with my martial skill alone.

Xerrin was a patient fighter. She gave me reprieve long enough to remove my Jedi robe. No sooner had it touched the ground and I'd adjusted my grip on the hilt of my saber then her quick footwork brought her back into my space. I danced back, deflecting her blade, spinning mine to try to take her hand. I detested purposefully trying to harm her but I had no choice. Nothing I attempted couldn't be repaired and I knew when her mind returned she'd thank me for it.

Of course, my attack didn't work. Her blade was like the spokes of a wheel in its quick circular attacks, the perfect stance to defend and exploit the movement of my double edge blade. Once more she got in too close for comfort, but before I could dance out of the way her first caught my face. I stumbled at the incredible impact of her strike, heard her blade hiss towards my neck and went with my own momentum to somersault across the floor away from her. I came to my feet and she was there, barely getting my saber up in time to stop hers from punching a hole through my chest.

"Don't let them use you this way Xerrin," I gasped. The air was thick and heavy in this cavern. It did not bode well for a prolonged match of endurance. Sweat threatened to block my vision as I arched my body away from her swinging point at my mid section. I backed up another step, breathing hard.
"Fight it," I implored her. "You're stronger than this."

I might as well have been talking to the Emperor. She didn't stop, in fact her motions became faster and I had no choice but to engage. It was a deadly if not elegant dance as my footwork took me one step in, another out, the constant hum of our blades a mantra that was interrupted every time they collided. She had me entirely on the defensive something I knew I had to change quickly if I wanted to survive. But whereas I was tiring, the blocking of the force seeming to drain my energy with every parry, she moved like she was a machine. The breaks in our rhythm came from me, and she'd only give me a second before she attacked again.

She held her saber one handed, slamming it in one perfect back and forth arc against my own. Her next strike slid off my blade, the point of her saber honing in on my shoulder. I quickly spun around, twirling my blade around me to protect me from the vulnerable position such a move left me in. But as soon as I rounded to face her again, her foot caught me in the stomach, her saber arched high to drive right into my head anticipating I would double over. Instead I took the hit, ignoring the pain, the loss of breath, snapped my blade up to deflect her strike and sent the opposite point across her thigh. She blanched, stumbling. Instead of pressing the attack I was forced to break and gasp in a breath.

She recovered far too quickly. What had they done to her, I silently questioned as our blades collided again. My concern for her mind was a luxury at the moment I couldn't hang onto though. She moved like she had no injury, whereas my muscles ached and strained to keep up with the pace of our deadly dance.

Her next strike sliced my saber in half. In the next heartbeat I felt the hot burning sensation of my right hand being severed. Ironic that she would complete a move I'd tried moments ago. My harsh sound of pain ripped free as I dropped to one knee. Grim determination on her face, Xerrin towered over me.

I stared up at her. "Don't do this. You know what it will do Laresa. What it will do you. You've got to fight it."

Voss magic is powerful. Too powerful. My words were a fool's errand. But, I felt no sense of defeat. My children had escaped and that had been my primary purpose for coming here. I felt confident they would find a way off this planet and get back to Laresa. Hopefully in enough time to stop any more bloodshed.

I closed my eyes and prepared for the inevitable. I would have liked to reach out to Nadia, Laresa too but I doubted they could feel it. Still, I tired regardless, in the hope that my love for them would be strong enough.

"I'm sorry, Elliah," Xerrin said quietly.

Her words had barely died on the cavern air when her saber pierced my heart.

The Sith
Fury Class Imperial Interceptor
The Crystal Vanguard

The image of Elliah is what brought me awake. When my eye snapped open though it was not his face I saw but Reide's.

"Welcome back," she said and I could hear the relief in her tone. I shared her sentiment, it was a great weight off my heart she was all right.

Quickly, the events that had transpired before my injury had robbed me of consciousness came flooding back. I sat up with a slight a wince. My injury was still sore, but it was nothing a few more kolto injections wouldn't heal.

"Update?" I asked, swinging out of the med bay bed I was currently in.

"The same dead ******es we found on your ship attacked Lancoro at a Cantina on Coruscant. They killed Mako and took him. Vette's here, apparently the same happened on Vanceto's ship."

This news did not bode well for my temperament. I felt my anger quickly surge, covering a mothers fear. With great control I tempered it back. "Veltana?"`

"We don't know. I haven't been able to get **** information from Drummond Kaas."

I nodded. That was information I could gather after I'd spoken to Vette about what had transpired on Vanceto's ship. "Elliah?" I asked as I slid on my Sith robe.

"Nadia sent me a message that he went to meet with Gaden-Ko. That was about twelve hours ago though. She hasn't heard from him since."

"The Voss?" I frowned and Reide nodded. "Do we know why he contacted Elliah?"

"Nadia claims he didn't say," Reide said.

Before we could discuss anything further Vette appeared in Med Bay. She looked like she'd just come from battle, and I could feel the fear and worry that emanated from her.

"We've got an incoming transmission," Vette said.

Nodding, I quickly followed her out of med bay. I had noticed that both Jaesa and Pierce were in Kolto tanks but I would inquire about their status later. Reide behind me, I followed Vette into the main hold of my ship and stood in front of my holo-terminal. I quickly pressed the button to receive the incoming transmission.

I wish I hadn't.

The first thing that played was a recorded video and my fury mounted with each passing second I watched Elliah fight Xerrin. And then I watched him die. A violent hiss parted my lips, my hands bunching to fists at my sides. The video stopped and Xerrin's image appeared.

"Your children have shared Elliah's fate. Out of respect, I will not make you watch their deaths," Xerrin said.

I couldn't feel them. I couldn't feel them. There was nothing where they should be which meant she was telling the truth. The next sound that left my mouth was one of pure anguish. I didn't even know I had fallen to one knee. Reide moved in front of me, shielding me, blocking me from Xerrin's gaze.

"Why Xerrin?" I heard her ask.

"The Sith Empire is a disease on the galaxy. Your oppression cannot be continued."

"Who the frak do you think you're talking to? Since when are we the Sith Empire?" Reide all but shouted.

"You share it's ideals. You have no love of law, democracy or peace."

Xerrin had killed them. After everything I'd done to atone for my sins, after sharing the battlefield with me against the Emperor, she'd betrayed me as well as any Sith. Better in fact. And my children, oh gods my children, those precious, precious lives had suffer the consequence. As the reality of it all came crashing down on me, my heart simply shattered. I have never felt the darkside of the force as strongly as I did in those moments; my agony channeled so very quickly into hate.

I surged to my feet, violently shoving Reide out of the way and slammed my hands on the terminal. "Then I will solve your problem," I hissed. "I will burn every city, every planet that swears allegiance to your Jedi, your Republic," I spat, the names a venom on my tongue. "And you Jedi will suffer greatly before I allow you to die."

"Then you leave me no choice," Xerrin said.

"No," I snarled. "You had a choice. Now every second you live is a gift." I killed the connection with the lightening that suddenly burst from my fingers. Never had I been able to conjure its power before. But I felt so much different now.

Reide backed up a step, not scared, shocked. "Laresa-"

"Don't."

"Laresa..." She came closer to me and I held out my hand to stop her. Except she wasn't afraid of me, even though now she should be. Regardless, she wrapped her arms around me tightly. For just a second I sunk into her. I let her hold my weight and let something inside of me quietly die.

There was no trace of weakness in my tone when I said, "Enough."

Reide pulled away, and nodded once at me. She was my only blood family. All that I had left. And I realized with a cold bitterness that if I had listened to her in the beginning, if I'd given up my foolish quest to earn back the affection of a Jedi - Elliah, my children, perhaps even Quinn, none of them would be dead. It didn't matter what I'd done, Xerrin saw me as nothing but a Sith.

I had embraced the darkside and yet I'd still fought it. No more. It was time I became what I truly was. Reide deserved to know I was worthy to lead what was left of my family and my children would have vengeance.

I whirled to lock my gaze on Vette. "If you are not prepared to serve a Sith Lord get off my ship."

I could feel Vette's volatile emotions. She was by turns devastated and furious. She took a step forward, meeting my gaze evenly. "I loved him," she said quietly. "He knew but... he deserved to hear it from me."

Once I had shielded Vette from the darker nature of revenge. Now, I wanted her to embrace it. "Stand with me. We will avenge him together. I will not let her get away with this."

"I know you won't," Vette said sincerely. She stepped next to me. Ready. I nodded once, pleased.

"Reide, find Gaden-Ko. I wish to know what he told Elliah. Vette, take us to Drummond Kaas. It is time the Wrath took her rightful place as head of the Empire."

greyjedibp
12.04.2012 , 04:40 AM | #83
Man the only good Male JC that was in a story is now dead (Im going cry now)

NatashaTerenzio
12.04.2012 , 05:16 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by greyjedibp View Post
Man the only good Male JC that was in a story is now dead (Im going cry now)
If it makes you feel any better we're going to loose a few more characters before this story is done

YoshiRaphElan
12.05.2012 , 10:18 AM | #85
Yyooouuu kiiillleeeddd maaakkooooooo!!!

greyjedibp
12.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by NatashaTerenzio View Post
If it makes you feel any better we're going to loose a few more characters before this story is done
That make me feel worse (unless it DarkJaesa than make me happy)

NatashaTerenzio
12.06.2012 , 03:42 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Yyooouuu kiiillleeeddd maaakkooooooo!!!
Wait till you read who I kill on Friday

Quote: Originally Posted by greyjedibp View Post
That make me feel worse (unless it DarkJaesa than make me happy)
PM me how you want Jaesa to die, no promises but why not?

EarthMamma I also think one of your characters should get a cameo in the story since you like it so much. PM me details about which one. That could be super fun

NatashaTerenzio
12.07.2012 , 07:52 PM | #88
Chapter 4: A New War

The Jedi
Voss, The Nightmare Lands
The Mystics Cavern

Have you ever been a prisoner inside your own mind? It is a nightmare that cannot be imagined. I heard myself speak those words to Elliah. I felt myself fight him, but I could do nothing to stop it. Something else sat inside me, controlling me with a power greater than my partnership with the lightside of the force.

I screamed, I fought, but I was helpless to prevent myself from killing him. Elliah... oh no. The only positive thing from that encounter, if I could even call it that, was that somehow he'd known. And he'd let my nephews and nieces go. I prayed that he'd told Laresa, that she was on her way to rescue them and to stop this insanity, but as I watched myself stand in front of that holoterminal and tell her those lies, accuse of her being nothing more than a Sith, my hopes were crushed.

I could only imagine what I'd just done to her. What they'd made me do after we'd just found each other again. It was no wonder the darkside was so tempting because I was so utterly angry that for moments I forgot to pay attention.

Locked away in the cage of my mind I silently repeated the Jedi Mantra, letting it calm me just enough since the lightside of the force was not present here. Laresa had terminated the connection between us. I was speaking to the Voss that had done this to me.

"They've gotten away," I heard myself say.

"No matter, we will find them. They will not leave Voss."

"Will you kill them?"

"Yes. You have your orders Master Jedi. Go and lead your republic into war."

Without argument I felt myself walking away. One of the Voss that had been in the room during their mind control ritual followed me - for what purpose I wasn't sure. Was he keeping whatever spell that put over me in place? When I left Voss and went somewhere the force was still alive could I find a way to break free of his control?

Once more the faint stirrings of hope reappeared. I would damn sure try.

The Imperial Agent
Voss, The Nightmare Lands
Deepest Woods

When we broke free of the cavern we didn't meet daylight but darkness. And not because it was night time. Unfortunately I'd been here before. We were on Voss - and we were in the Nightmare Lands.

"What the frak are we doing on Voss?" Vanceto all but roared, his breath heavy from carrying Lancoro's weight. Lan was a big guy, but I wasn't worried Vanceto would tire, if he did get low on energy he could channel the darkside. At least I hoped he could. I still couldn't feel mother but I didn't think she was dead, not after seeing Dad.

Sadness crashed into me as we sprinted through the forest with Kaliyo leading the way. Never mind that we were probably being chased by the Voss but the Nightmare lands lived up to its name and then some. It was a dark twisted forest and randomly you'd stumble across piles of bones curtsey of rabid packs of crystfangs or even worse the Vorantius Gnashers. And if the wild life didn't kill you, the longer you stayed the more likely it became that you'd go mad. Even as we ran I could hear the insane whispers and ramblings of beings made insane by the forest, their tormented cries carried on a cold, still breeze.

"Where we going Kailyo?" I asked.

"Gaden-Ko's shuttle is just ahead in the Meadow," she said.

Gaden-Ko. The name was only vaguely familiar to me. I knew he was a Voss but that was it. For now I held back my questions, my instincts were better used making sure we got to our destination.

We didn't.

We'd barely made it to the edge of the forest when Kaliyo's holocom rang.

Muttering a foul curse she skittered to a halt. We all pressed our backs against each others, giving us a 360 view of our surroundings while Kaliyo answered it.

"What?" Kaliyo barked as Gaden-Ko's face appeared.

"They've found me - don't come here you'll be cap-"

He didn't finish and we all knew why. We could hear the explosion and see the smoke rising high above the gnarled, black tree branches.

"****," Kaliyo snapped the com closed. "That was our ride."

"We need to get to high ground," I said. I didn't like the idea of staying in the forest but at the moment we need to regroup and find out what the frak was going on.

Kaliyo nodded. "This way."

A deep cliff ran through the forest in the nightmare lands. We'd managed to scale partly down it onto a plateau that barely had enough room for all four of us, but it was out of sight from whomever might be pursuing us and the wildlife wouldn't climb down here just to eat us.

Kaliyo had brought a med pack with her. While she explained, I gave Lancoro a much needed dose of Kolto.

The whole thing was nuts but after being in Imperial Intelligence I wondered why anything surprised me anymore. Kaliyo explained that after I'd gone missing from the IA headquarters, or rather, Sith Intelligence as Darth Jadus now called it, she'd tried to contact Mom but hadn't gotten thru. Father had answered and Kaliyo had met up with he and Gaden-Ko mostly because Kaliyo had a connection in the Voss spaceport that had let them through the blockage unseen. At least so they thought.

And there was a blockade around the whole planet. The Republic and Empire had officially gone to war and the Voss had kicked both sides out effective immediately. Any side that hadn't left by now was being executed without mercy.

"I can't say I particularly care what the Empire and Republic do to each other," Vanceto said. "But killing the force is out of the question."

I nodded my agreement with that. "Why didn't dad contact mom when he found out?" I ask Kaliyo.

"Gaden-Ko wasn't certain if the bantha**** crazy Voss had done the same thing to her as they did to your aunt," Kaliyo said. "So we held off and decided to come rescue you all first."

That made sense. ****, I hoped they hadn't done anything like this to mom. "Aunt Reide," I said. "We've got to get a message to her."

"And get off this rock," Kaliyo added.

"The Gormak," Lancoro said quietly.

I glanced over at him. "They don't exactly like us either."

"I got a call for a bounty - there's a new leader some guy named Raklann's that mounted a new offensive against the Voss. Imperials put a Bounty on him to help the Voss out."

"An enemy of my enemy is my friend," Vanceto said.

It was as good a plan as any. We certainly couldn't stay in this forest. "Do you know where his camp is Lancoro?"

Lancoro nodded. "Get me outta this fraking forest and I can take us there." He paused, looking over at Kaliyo. I could hear the tiny thread of hope in his voice when he asked - "My wife, Mako - we were attacked in a Cantina on Courscant-"

Kaliyo shook her head at him. "Word is she didn't make it."

Normally I didn't do the whole men crying thing. They looked like big babies but I guess that didn't apply to family. Lancoro buried his face in his big hand, hiding his pain. His shoulders shook but other than that he didn't make a sound. Didn't have too though, I could feel his anguish. My brows pinched together and I felt utterly helpless because I just didn't know how to console him. If there even was a way to console someone through that kind of pain. Vanceto laid a hand on Lan's arm, whispering something to him.

I bit my lower lip. I'd left someone behind too and I had no idea if she made it through the explosion or the attack it had all happened so fast. I vehemently refused to think about it though. We had a mission and everything beyond that circle was irrelevant.

"Lan..." I said after a moment. "We need to move."

He didn't do anything for about five seconds. Then, I heard him suck in a watery breath. When he dropped his hand he looked as furious as any Sith. " Give me a shot of kolto, a blaster and let's go."

NatashaTerenzio
12.07.2012 , 07:54 PM | #89
The Sith
Drummond Kaas
Kaas City

During the trip to Drummond Kaas I had not allowed my grief any purchase. It was wrapped up in the rage that seethed quietly inside of me, a power that surged through my blood licking its lips in impatient anticipation for the moment I would set it free. I had contacted my two trusted allies, Darth Storm and Darth Minamoto. Both were far more interested in my new direction.

We arrived at the spaceport at the same time. As I left my ship, I was meet by a man in an imperial uniform.

"Darth Jinobie - Emperor Jadus requires that all arrivals-"

I cut him off. "Emperor Jadus?"

"Yes my lord."

I canted my head at the stupid little worm. Without lifting my hand I used the darkside to constrict the airflow around his throat, ensuring he would not interrupt me while I spoke. Behind me Vette, the two Darth's, and my droid army made themselves known.

The Imperial began to choke, clutching at his neck. "Darth Jadus does not control the empire. I do. An error I will set right immediately. You will not inform him of my arrival. If you do, I will slice you to pieces and feed you to your family..." I paused. A cruel smile tilted my lips. "You have children. Two..." I paused, pulling the information I wanted from his weak mind. "Perhaps I will kill them anyway. Suffering breeds character. I find yours lacking."

I released him and marched past him without another word. Vette was at my side, Darth Storm and Darth Minamoto behind us, our army trailing behind them. I was silently proud of Vette. The old Vette would have been appalled at what I'd just said, now that she opened up to the spirit of vengeance it wasn't hard for me to let the darkside wrap around her like a protective cocoon that she willingly embraced. It was so much better than the pain.

It was a short journey from the spaceport into Kaas City. Before, The Mandalorian Enclave, Citadel, and Imperial Intelligence Headquarters had stood proudly - three tall beacon's that spoke of the might and determination of the Sith. The Citadel was no more. The Enclave and Intelligence building showed signs of the damage, smoke rising from towers, sections missing.

I let that too fuel my rage as I walked into the Intelligence building. Two guards attempted to stop me. I didn't kill them, I walked past them - but I heard their cries at Darth Storm and Darth Minamoto did.

Inside the building I marched straight into the central command room. There, I saw evidence of the firefight that had taken my daughter to her death. The heart I no longer wished to acknowledge constricted painfully at the thought. I sucked that grief into my hate and centered my gaze on Darth Jadus.

He stood in front of a holo terminal, his hands behind his back, his face hidden behind a helmet. I was well aware of his machinations. He had unknowingly accepted my daughter into his ranks and every move he made she had reported to me.

He, like most of the fool members of the Darth Council had one beautiful weakness - arrogance and a powerful god complex that made him think he was invincible. I eagerly anticipated showing him otherwise.

The room had been a noisy hum of activity. As he slowly turned to face me the area went quiet. I could hear the amusement in his tone as he spoke. "Ah. The fallen one."

"You will surrender control of your troops, and this organization to me. I now lead the Empire," I said simply.

He chuckled. "You did well killing our apathetic Emperor. But, in doing so my power is now second to none. Yet you are worthy of a place in my Empire. Join me-"

I rolled my eyes. I had no patience for his idiotic words. I extended my hand and lightening flew my finger tips. He did the same and our power collided. It forced him back a step. I didn't budge my hatred so much more powerful than his own now. Nothing was blacker than the heart of a mother who had lost her children in one fatal, treacherous blow.

For long seconds the display didn't stop. The power of the lightening colliding arced from our streams and bounced off the ceiling, the floor, zapping terminals and occasionally some poor fool got caught in the wild arcs and I could hear those screams in the second before they evaporated.

We both broke it off. He did it because he couldn't hold it. I did it because I wanted to kill him another way.

"What is this?" He demanded and I could hear he was slightly out of breath.

"I won't repeat myself," I said.

With a growl this time he tried to use the force to knock me back a step. I held up my palm catching the energy and with a flick of my wrist hurled it back at him. It smacked him square in the chest and sent him flying on top of the holoterminal. Darth Minamoto did not bother containing her laughter.

A sound of pure rage exploded from him as he stumbled to his feet and withdrew his lightsaber. I used the force to smack it from his hand as if he were a mere Acolyte, mocking him. Enraged that I was making a fool out of him he surged at me like a warrior, bare fisted and disappeared in a wisp of black smoke. It was his command of the darkside that allowed him to do this, and it was mine that let me see him.

He meant to reappear right in front of me and drive his fist through my chest to rip out my heart. No sooner had he blinked into existence then I mimicked his palor trick. When I reappeared behind him my extended lightsaber was in my hand and I took off his head in one clean swipe.

"You were not worthy to see my eyes as you died." I told his corpse as I calmly sheathed my saber. His head rolled across the floor as his body crumpled.

The room was still silent. I could feel the fear and I reveled in it, sucking it greedily into me. I stepped over his dead body and walked up to the holo terminal he had stood in front of. "Report."

For the first few seconds nothing happened. I was patient, I expected as much. Finally, a woman who I knew because of Tana's reports to be known as Watcher Two stepped forward.

"My lord," she said quietly. "I have much to report but if I may... Moff Jinobie... she was taken-"

"She's dead, Watcher two," I said flatly.

I heard her gasp. And then I felt... grief. A great deal of it. Slowly I turned my head to meet the anguished expression on this woman's face. "You were close to my daughter," I said studying her.

Watcher Two nodded and hastily brushed away the tears that came to her eyes. "Very my lord," she said quietly.

I canted my head. She'd loved my daughter, I slowly realized. Tana had told me nothing of this. I wondered why. Perhaps we'd just been too busy killing the Emperor. I would not have cared about her choices so long as her mate was worthy and she was happy. I'd likely have liked her choice better than Lancoro's.

Oh my children... my... dead children. I hid my clenched fists inside my robe. "You will help me avenge her." I turned back to the holoterminal. "Report." I repeated.

We had much to destroy. And I had a Jedi to find and make suffer.