Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Ancaglon
12.05.2012 , 04:48 AM | #391
Add XP with each medal (up to the usual 8 limit). Problem solved, unless they just like running around posing but doing nothing except hiding well away from the objectives.

maestruljedi
12.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
1.ToS.
2. Rebuttal to the "Squashing Bugs and Fixing Exploits."
3. Post Proving Bioware may not (and usually doesn't) acknowledge exploits till fixed.
4. Citing Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit was fixed without acknowledgement.
5. Ilum Exploit article where Bioware flat out said it would not punish all who exploited it, only the worst offenders.
6. External Definitions of Exploits used -by- the industry in general.

Do you even know what anecdotal means?
I know exactly what it means and it's exactly what you're doing.
1. Nothing in the ToS prohibits a player from using a feature.
2. The what of what ?
3. Irrelevant
4. Irrelevant
5. Somewhat relevant because Ilum was a big thing back then, kinda how WZs are. It's less likely they took care of a bug and left out another major bug just for the heck of it.
6. Irrelevant

Quote:
<.< and I'm not telling you how to play, though judging from your knee-jerk reaction and lack of reading comprehension... me thinks you has a guilty conscience. If -I- wanted to do this, do you think it being an "exploit/abuse" would stop me until Bioware either ruled on the issue (or fixed it)?
I don't feel guilty about anything. It's actually cry babies like you that make me contemplate staying 49 forever just to feast on your tears.

Quote:
I'm still gonna dismiss dead companions and resummon them rather than revive and regen. (don't tell me you think this was an intended feature.)
I'm still gonna pull people with the ball up into our spawn (instant kill btw... falls under safe zone exploits).
If/When Ilum was up, I'd still pull people into the base for an instant kill.
I'm still gonna skip entire rooms of mobs by running through them, then using a field probe (free for subs).
Features.
Do you have any clue what would happen if you couldn't summon a dead companion ? Wanna go back to that room full of champs and elites and rez your char ? You have any idea how inconvenient that would be ?
Not different from pulling someone in the fire or acid or void, you pull them in a hazard area. WAI.
You still die, you still take durability damage, it's completely intended. I see no problem with this. You die, you can't do it continuously because there's a timer on that field probe that gets higher and higher the more you die.

Quote:
The difference is, if anyone called any of these things an exploit/abuse, I'd agree. These are clearly not intended features (the field respawn is my favorite. Trivializes almost all of my class missions when I don't care about the exp)
Exactly, when you don't care about XP. For someone like me with multiple alts, getting the most out of class missions is critical -- since basically i do pvp and story quests and that's how i level up. You still give up something. It's not an exploit. It's just clever use of game mechanics. If you're not interested in XP, you have the freedom to skip that part. That's choice, buddy boy. That's what mmorpgs are all about.

Quote:
I've stated repeatedly this exploit/abuse is pretty much a non-issue for me (and offending Seena at the same time. Sorry :-( ) and the only real reason I continue to post is people being so biased they attack anyone who challenges what they're doing as not quite being on the up-and-up. =P I just happen to have more facts at my disposal, and an open enough mind to say yes, without God (I mean Bioware) coming down and stamping "exploit" on something, no one can be 100% sure what Bioware considers an exploit.

=P But we can be 99%, and I've got plenty of source material to prove it. What have you got... oh ya, that Look-I'm-about-as-mature-as-a-six-year-old-so-don't-tell-me-how-to-play-MY-Game! ... -.- when I never even said you should stop.
Wait, advocating freedom in a mmo is bias ? Really ? Hate against a particular group that practices a particular something isn't bias ? Really man, just shut up. You have no facts, you brought some bull and interpreted it the way you wanted. I can interpret it the way i want it and we can do this all year. I pointed out that something as big as staying lvl xx forever would've been fixed, if BW wanted to fix it. You just WISH they would fix it, so your behind wouldn't have to suffer the inhumanity of being stomped in some lowbie WZ that you don't even care about.

So drop the know-it-all attitude, you're actually very closed-minded for not taking into account what lack of freedom means in a mmorpg, how obsolete the gear treadmill is and how boring a game becomes when it's centered around that. Everyone should be free to do what they like - farming Dootu Mu Bacha for 8 hours straight, pimping up their char, finding the best look for their char, leveling up with class quests and space missions only, whatever. It's about choice and freedom to play the way you want to. The fact that you see this "forever young" thing as an exploit or unintended use of game mechanics is quite honestly irrelevant. It's an opinion, you voiced it and you believe it in spite the truth staring you in the face: leaving warzones whenever you want is a feature, not a bug.

Lastly, in the off-chance you DO care about lowbie pvp, put some effort into your gear and skills and no pink-purple 49er will give you trouble. But hey, it's easier to whine than to think.

CharterMonkKent
12.05.2012 , 08:41 AM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post
This is a Thread????

Really?

By the way I do this. It is Spectacularly fun. I also have a level 50 in full War Hero gear (augmented etc.) SO I "put my big boy pants on" as well. I feel no Shame. None. I worked long and hard to make my Twink. I spent millions of credits on my twink. And I will proudly play him till I the game ceases to function.

You all need to lighten up.

Seriously.

Like Now.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.
the above statement in pink will follow you for the rest of your life..
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Seena
12.05.2012 , 08:44 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post
This is a Thread????

Really?

By the way I do this. It is Spectacularly fun. I also have a level 50 in full War Hero gear (augmented etc.) SO I "put my big boy pants on" as well. I feel no Shame. None. I worked long and hard to make my Twink. I spent millions of credits on my twink. And I will proudly play him till I the game ceases to function.

You all need to lighten up.

Seriously.

Like Now.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.
Ohhh I will work VERY VERY long and hard to do what ever I can to make sure this is fixed.

As for whining about warzones and knowing of tactics - I'm not the one using an exploit to stay level 49 in perpetuity and spending millions to beat up on lower level toons now, am I?
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Atramar
12.05.2012 , 08:46 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Ohhh I will work VERY VERY long and hard to do what ever I can to make sure this is fixed.
there is nothing to fix.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Seena
12.05.2012 , 08:46 AM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Add XP with each medal (up to the usual 8 limit). Problem solved, unless they just like running around posing but doing nothing except hiding well away from the objectives.
I think this is the solution... Someone also suggested maybe dividing the xp up in 1/3rds and 1/4ths.

It would help with people who unintentionally disconnect also.....

Pretty easy fix it seems....
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena
12.05.2012 , 08:49 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P of course, and again I respect your right to bring up this issue to the forums (and possibly dev's if they are listening.)

As for exiting the conversation, I'm pretty much done myself. *Rolls eyes at the other posters* If I hear one more post about learn to play and stop crying, I will be convince our public school system (or whatever their country of origion) are a failure and most people graduate without being able to read.

I hope the materials I and others have brought in help if you wish to continue to argue with before mentioned brick walls. =P Whatever the outcome, may BW actual resolve your issue in a timely manner and have a good one.

Thanks == and again, while we may not agree on certain aspects of this exploit - I appreciate your input and the fact that you were able to state your opinions without acrimony or bitterness. That is always a great thing.

Best to you..

S

Atramar
12.05.2012 , 09:15 AM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
the above statement in pink will follow you for the rest of your life..
And he just gave trolls their meal... blast..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

GizmoBill
12.05.2012 , 09:46 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I have been going hard on my alts to get some flavor at 50 and have yet to run into a "twink". If they want to do that then eh I rather PvP with the 50's.
lol then u haven't seen me I'll post u a screen when I get home
"There is no death, there is... oh look a pony!"

Doomsdaycomes
12.05.2012 , 10:08 AM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
I know exactly what it means and it's exactly what you're doing.
*snip*
Cool Story Bro.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dictionary
an·ec·do·tal
/ˌanikˈdōtl/
Adjective
1.(of an account) Not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
2.Characterized by or fond of telling anecdotes.
If you really cared about "freedom of choice" you'd petition bioware for an inclusion of an "exp/rewards" toggle so you could finish a warzone and actually see who won and your score. As you also haven't read or understood a word I said about my opinion on this "seriousness" of this issue and apparently Official Bioware Articles, Official Bioware Posts, the ToS, and Industry Relevant articles are ancedotal in your eyes, I will not waste my time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Thanks == and again, while we may not agree on certain aspects of this exploit - I appreciate your input and the fact that you were able to state your opinions without acrimony or bitterness. That is always a great thing.

Best to you..

S
*sighs* I keep saying I'm done and then I give into the urge to laugh at someone's willful ignorance. Sorry, it seems your thread got a little hijacked on what qualifies as an exploit. However, I do have something relevant to add:

I believe someone might have mentioned this before, but I think whether to "fix" this issue or just as a good feature to add to pvp, medals should give exp when received. I would reduce the exp reward at the end by 10% or so, and then add scaling exp rewards per medal that equal out to that 10%.

I'm open to anyone who can point out something I missed, but of any leveling activity PvP is the only one that doesn't give full rewards till it's completed. Quests have mobs, activities and bonuses that give exp even if you drop the quest instead of turning it in. Flashpoints are the same. Space missions give a little exp per enemy destroyed as well as contianing bonuses, etc... Even exploration grants small amounts of exp when encountering a new area or accessing a new "codex." Adding small activity related exp in pvp would only bring it more in line with other level related activities.

I'd love to hear (not directed at you Seena) a reason the inclussion of experience for medals (capping at 8 as normal) when you receive them isn't a good thing, even just from an equality of "playstyles" standpoint.