Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck installing latest patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck installing latest patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CadKing
12.05.2012 , 07:03 AM | #1
I'm another one that cant patch the latest client. I've done everything suggested to no avail. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the entire client and it only sticks when it gets to the last patch. Are you seriously going to tell me that this is my computer when everything up to this point has been absolutely flawless? You have a problem here with whatever you've done.

I've disabled both firewall and antivirus and still get nothing.

Bronholz
12.05.2012 , 07:10 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings CadKing,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please try starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, to see if this will allow you to patch.

Is there a certain Asset or file that it is getting stuck on installing? It should say this at the bottom of the launcher.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

MilesTeg_cy
12.05.2012 , 07:38 AM | #3
Remove the DNS if you have defined it yourself. Custom DNS prevents patching.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

santamage
12.05.2012 , 08:01 AM | #4
Safe mode helped for me

CadKing
12.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5
Safe Mode with networking did not help. It still stuck at 0% after fully downloading the patch from the basic install.

The DNS thing I hadn't tried and that's an interesting one. The download was comlplete though so I'm not sure how that would effect it.

I did remove my wife's hard drive from her laptop and drag and dropped the files so I should at least be able to play. Of course all my settings will be gone but it's better than nothing.

Thanks for the ideas.