Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Wither or Death Field


JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.05.2012 , 03:27 AM | #11
No one seems to be mentioning that wither makes getting 3 stacks of HD much faster and that when either does hit 5 people it will deal more total damage than DF. Faster HD stacks also add up to more dps and more self heals, so keep that in mind.

I really like wither and DF to stop caps isn't needed with force pull and reckless/ lightning really.
DF is still good but the big diff IMO is ww vs wither. For a raid tank wither is the clear option, for a pvp tank I'd still tank wither but if you're an off tank in dps gear it's a tougher choice. However if I'm needed to off tank I usually go 23/17/1 anyways for the added fade and blackout talents so I never really have this decision.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.05.2012 , 04:06 AM | #12
well, for combat, I read pvp, for pve tanking there is no question, wither all the way up and down.
about HD stacks, mega force lightning is very predictable, and unless enemy is brainless, he will interrupt (so it's max profit only with shroud + recl) with stun/kb/los (but if he doesnt, then it's bloody sweet).
DF don't need target, so can attack stealthies and interrupt behind corner on 30 m range.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.05.2012 , 04:14 AM | #13
I prefer wither in both PVE and PVP as a main tank its a must for most endgame PVE in PVP with DPS gear on i have had with crit on 4-5 targets for around 2.6K damage which is very nice and the added debuff/slow makes sure that your target will almost never get away.

Deathfield is a pain in the arse to use if you ask me.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

_Darkstar's Avatar


_Darkstar
12.05.2012 , 05:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
Deathfield is a pain in the arse to use if you ask me.
Actually I quite like the ground target, I had it bound to Shift+click on my Sorc (Lightning Field being Shiled+rclick) and it was basically a 1 cast, but more targetable than most other AoE's. If you do that it stops being a pain to use.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

cycao's Avatar


cycao
12.05.2012 , 08:32 AM | #15
Both are viable. Its a matter of preference and build.

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.06.2012 , 06:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Actually I quite like the ground target, I had it bound to Shift+click on my Sorc (Lightning Field being Shiled+rclick) and it was basically a 1 cast, but more targetable than most other AoE's. If you do that it stops being a pain to use.
True but even with the keybind as a melee dps its still alot more annoying to place as you in many cases need to be on the move all the time
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

_Darkstar's Avatar


_Darkstar
12.06.2012 , 08:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
True but even with the keybind as a melee dps its still alot more annoying to place as you in many cases need to be on the move all the time
True, I wasn't thinking about the added complications of melee (Really annoying me having to move all the time now I am levelling a tank).
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.06.2012 , 09:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
True, I wasn't thinking about the added complications of melee (Really annoying me having to move all the time now I am levelling a tank).
Its always a pow, but as I said Its only my opinion and one of the reasons i prefer wither
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

vimm's Avatar


vimm
12.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
No one seems to be mentioning that wither makes getting 3 stacks of HD much faster and that when either does hit 5 people it will deal more total damage than DF. Faster HD stacks also add up to more dps and more self heals, so keep that in mind.

I really like wither and DF to stop caps isn't needed with force pull and reckless/ lightning really.
DF is still good but the big diff IMO is ww vs wither. For a raid tank wither is the clear option, for a pvp tank I'd still tank wither but if you're an off tank in dps gear it's a tougher choice. However if I'm needed to off tank I usually go 23/17/1 anyways for the added fade and blackout talents so I never really have this decision.
That has been mentioned.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

TherealDUKE's Avatar


TherealDUKE
12.12.2012 , 01:34 AM | #20
Me and some guildies had this discussion awhile back. I like having withers slow because it stacks with slow( think ball carrier). They liked the consistent bigger hit from DF. I rarely see more than 4 reds stacked up waiting for some easy aoe. It happens, but not as often as I would like. But that third HD comes around a lot easier with wither, no one likes being a turret but I hit it every time I get the chance. To bad my rakata adrenals are useless in WZs