Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

OriginalTomoka
12.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Classicks View Post
Obviously we just barely pulled through... but being competitive as I am, I was curious if I may ask how the point system works when considering things like this nerf? I won't be crying if it goes unchanged, but it was something I wanted to get looked into.
To be fair, nobody actually knows the changes yet; we are just basing off text. Until a group gets in there and tests it (mainly the groups that have been dying at enrage timers or 1%), then we can make a fair assessment. This Ops has been so screwy anyways, and as anyone will agree, Kephess is the only thing that matters.

Garell
12.04.2012 , 04:45 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by OriginalTomoka View Post
To be fair, nobody actually knows the changes yet; we are just basing off text. Until a group gets in there and tests it (mainly the groups that have been dying at enrage timers or 1%), then we can make a fair assessment. This Ops has been so screwy anyways, and as anyone will agree, Kephess is the only thing that matters.
I can't say i agree. I wouldn't consider tanks as hard as kephess, but i wouldn't disreguard it altogether.

Classicks
12.04.2012 , 04:50 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by OriginalTomoka View Post
Not only is the damage nerfed, but the enrage timer as well. Seems like a significant nerf to me, obviously we will know when we see all the kill posts tonight. I say this because I'm also not sure I agree that Kephess is all that matters. Unfortunately we don't have a kill video, but I will say we hit enrage on Firebrand at 1%.
The Fusebox Legacy
Fusebaux \ Comeback \ Compel \ Fuse-box
<INTREPID> The Harbinger
PvE Scoundrel Healing Guide

deceptweb
12.04.2012 , 09:27 PM | #164
Severity Gaming 16 Man Republic Prophecy of the Five

Tanks @ 2:21AM
http://wiggio.com/yui/folder/stream_...qfXuRXbjkF4Bw=

Vorgath @ 3:12AM
http://wiggio.com/yui/folder/stream_...qg07uP6L9e9Y0=
Thinmints - GM of Severity Gaming
16M NiM TFB and SV World First
Twitch Account

FlashpointFX
12.04.2012 , 09:57 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by deceptweb View Post
Severity Gaming 16 Man Republic Prophecy of the Five

Tanks @ 2:21AM
http://wiggio.com/yui/folder/stream_...qfXuRXbjkF4Bw=

Vorgath @ 3:12AM
http://wiggio.com/yui/folder/stream_...qg07uP6L9e9Y0=
http://wiggio.com/yui/folder/stream_...F7oNsX8QwQT5s=

Severity Gaming Screenshot with Nightmare tags for codex entry taken for expanded proof. Plus... one cool as hell explosion capture.

Gyronamics
12.05.2012 , 05:15 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
Are you in Mox or Friendly Fire? This should be emphasized: 16m Kephess should *not* be nerfed. It may very well be the most difficult encounter yet, but, at least for my guild, we're still excited and progressing in the fight. If in 3 weeks, it's still alive, go ahead and nerf it.
Neither, I'm in Nano's 8m.

They've nerfed tanks despite guilds clearing it, why else would they do it except to increase the number of guilds that can.

With that gone as an obstacle there's just kephess and if enough guilds are banging on it and failing (only a very few atm) I can see them wanting to please the majority again.

derkae
12.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #167
Updated @ 18:10
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

todorovh
12.05.2012 , 11:25 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
Are you in Mox or Friendly Fire? This should be emphasized: 16m Kephess should *not* be nerfed. It may very well be the most difficult encounter yet, but, at least for my guild, we're still excited and progressing in the fight. If in 3 weeks, it's still alive, go ahead and nerf it.
ehm... why would you assume ff and mox want kephess nerfed ?

arkitip
12.05.2012 , 11:45 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
ehm... why would you assume ff and mox want kephess nerfed ?
I don't think that was the assumption. I think that the assumption was that since the poster was speaking toward nerfing 16m content in order to allow more people to complete it and inferring that was a bad thing that the poster was in a guild with a significant amount of NiM 16m pulls in. At this time, there are only 3 guilds with a significant number of Kephess pulls - MoX, FF, and Chosen.

As for whether or not these encounters *should* be nerfed.. I feel like the current state they are in shows that the content was not tested at the 16m level thoroughly enough and that the current guilds pulling Kephess are essentially the beta testers. Do we think we're (Chosen) going to be able to do it? Yes. From the perspective of a DPS player that MID PROGRESSION decided to level a different AC to be "more viable" though I will tell you that the fights are tuned in such a way that certain specs are on the cusp of being unusable in the raid. The DPS check for the tanks specifically was insane (with every guild that cleared it hitting enrage even though the entire raid was over 1600 DPS on the tanks). When you combine that with the damage SC did it made for an extremely frustrating experience. If the SC tank loses aggro at all, it's a wipe. When you ask for every ounce of DPS possible while not being able to pull aggro for even a second and you still BARELY clear it - there's a bit of a tuning issue. The question will really be was it tuned down too far, not whether it needed it.

Grimsblood
12.05.2012 , 12:18 PM | #170
From what I saw, the damage Stormcaller did was not bad enough to illicit a nerf. You have 2 1/2 healers on that tank and so long as he pops is defensive CD's before getting back up everything is ok.

The dps check......well let's just say that was inane! I enjoyed the fight because it pushed me as a dps to do better. I think pre-nerf this fight was what Nightmare should be.

Anyway. Below is a link to the kill video from Severity Gaming. This is post-nerf . We were all extremely disappointed to log in yesterday and find out that the fight was nerfed. Over the weekend we had devised a to push through the last 38k health we had on the final tank. It is a shame that we could not implement it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5gdP...ature=youtu.be

Edit: Can someone explain why our S/S for Colonel Vorgath is labeled as "NOK" !?