Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

JacenHallis
12.02.2012 , 06:33 AM | #351
I think it would make sense for the Consular to get an Esh-kha companion. He'd have to be more interesting than Qyzen, though. Maybe he's a warrior type like Canderous in the original KOTOR, and he regales you with tales of a war fought long ago.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

TheHunterC
12.02.2012 , 03:50 PM | #352
Kaleesh
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

Flintfire
12.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #353
Duros and Rodian would be kick butt bounty hunters.

But also some of those species arent expanded universe and would need much explaining if incorporated. Ewoks cant space travel, and Endor's only significance in the world of star wars is that is holds the second death star's shield generator. But any average species I could see. And dont get me wrong, I would love to have an Ewok as a companion.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Vitas
12.03.2012 , 08:16 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Flintfire View Post
Duros and Rodian would be kick butt bounty hunters.

But also some of those species arent expanded universe and would need much explaining if incorporated. Ewoks cant space travel, and Endor's only significance in the world of star wars is that is holds the second death star's shield generator. But any average species I could see. And dont get me wrong, I would love to have an Ewok as a companion.
Wookieepedia is your one stop for anything Star Wars related if unsure about anything. During this period, the Republic has a secret bio-lab on the forest moon. Because of how primitive the Ewoks are, they'd be best suited as companions but to have the chance of meeting one, you'd have to visit the world unless you met a slave trader who had kidnapped one.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Ganden
12.04.2012 , 02:53 AM | #355
Nautolans are a must!
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP

Vitas
12.04.2012 , 06:09 PM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganden View Post
Nautolans are a must!
Definately agree, especially as they appear to speak basic fluently. As more Star Wars fans start to play, they want to be able to play as some of their favourite characters, one of them being Kit Fisto and if they've been watching the Clone Wars recently, maybe also Zatt.
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

GragorArtis
12.04.2012 , 07:45 PM | #357
FOR PLAYABLE SPECIES: Ones I want: Duros, Nautolans (Bengel Morr and Kit Fisto's species), Togruta, Chagrians, Devaronians, Evocii, and Voss. Also for those who don't know, there is a certain rule to playable species. You have to imagine that species making out with Princess Leia due to the romance in the game and no really beast looking species such as wookies, ewoks, gamoreans, etc. Cathar is ok due to no whiskers and no tail and they look human enough. I'm sorry if I bursted your imagination but I just wanted you guys to know that no matter how hard you push, they won't accept certain species. Also, Bothans seem unlikely as a species since they aren't in the current universe. With Ithorians, I can't imagine them making out with any companion on account of they don't really have a mouth. Weequay might be possible but unlikely. Gands don't have mouths in game except their mask so it would most likely not happen. Selkath, I would really like this species, but I just don't think it could work since none of them speak basic and i doubt they have the money to record the different voices for the species. Trandoshans are too lizardy but I would enjoy being one. Rodians are too animal looking but it might happen. Kaleesh as much as I would love wearing bone masks, how could they kiss the companion with a mask in the way. Just letting you guys know that I'm really for some of these species, but I just want to point out that unfortunately a lot of these species will not happen. Also you have to think about species currently in the game, not playable. There are no Bothans or Ewoks for they don't even exist in this time or are too primitive to help. Also, I don't know if anyone is pushing for this, but Rakata, Tusken Raider, and Gree won't work. Rakata and Gree are too powerful and why would they bother becoming Sith or Jedi when they have technology. Tusken Raiders can't work due to they wear masks and we don't know what they look like underneath.
FOR COMPANIONS: Pretty much with Time Flow as I stated above, but other than that a lot of species could work. An Esh-ka companion seems unlikely but hey, stranger things have happened. What I would really like is a new companion with different species and abilities for each class with their own mysterious story that you can influence. For example, a chiss companion for the Agent whose part in the story is that they are from a organization secretly trying to kill you but the chiss is actually the only thing keeping you alive. And maybe the Bounty Hunter's could be a Trandoshan light skinned with a rifle that has no loyalty to anyone.

Vitas
12.05.2012 , 02:35 AM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
FOR PLAYABLE SPECIES: Ones I want: Duros, Nautolans (Bengel Morr and Kit Fisto's species), Togruta, Chagrians, Devaronians, Evocii, and Voss. Also for those who don't know, there is a certain rule to playable species. You have to imagine that species making out with Princess Leia due to the romance in the game and no really beast looking species such as wookies, ewoks, gamoreans, etc. Cathar is ok due to no whiskers and no tail and they look human enough. I'm sorry if I bursted your imagination but I just wanted you guys to know that no matter how hard you push, they won't accept certain species. Also, Bothans seem unlikely as a species since they aren't in the current universe. With Ithorians, I can't imagine them making out with any companion on account of they don't really have a mouth. Weequay might be possible but unlikely. Gands don't have mouths in game except their mask so it would most likely not happen. Selkath, I would really like this species, but I just don't think it could work since none of them speak basic and i doubt they have the money to record the different voices for the species. Trandoshans are too lizardy but I would enjoy being one. Rodians are too animal looking but it might happen. Kaleesh as much as I would love wearing bone masks, how could they kiss the companion with a mask in the way. Just letting you guys know that I'm really for some of these species, but I just want to point out that unfortunately a lot of these species will not happen. Also you have to think about species currently in the game, not playable. There are no Bothans or Ewoks for they don't even exist in this time or are too primitive to help. Also, I don't know if anyone is pushing for this, but Rakata, Tusken Raider, and Gree won't work. Rakata and Gree are too powerful and why would they bother becoming Sith or Jedi when they have technology. Tusken Raiders can't work due to they wear masks and we don't know what they look like underneath.
FOR COMPANIONS: Pretty much with Time Flow as I stated above, but other than that a lot of species could work. An Esh-ka companion seems unlikely but hey, stranger things have happened. What I would really like is a new companion with different species and abilities for each class with their own mysterious story that you can influence. For example, a chiss companion for the Agent whose part in the story is that they are from a organization secretly trying to kill you but the chiss is actually the only thing keeping you alive. And maybe the Bounty Hunter's could be a Trandoshan light skinned with a rifle that has no loyalty to anyone.
We've discussed about that earlier in the thread which I'm not sure if you've seen. Yes there will be issues with romance but nothing that should stop the possibility of any species becoming playable. Like currently how there are restrictions for which gender can romance specific companions, there'd be further in place as to which species can or could romance a certain companion. I don't think a female Wookiee would have any problem making out with Bowdaar.

Xilastae
12.05.2012 , 12:28 PM | #359
I vote nautolan and togruta
Key'ae Drelk Nautolan Jedi Consular |Sage|
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/95467/solidarity

bountyrevenant
12.07.2012 , 07:30 AM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganden View Post
Nautolans are a must!
^
Agreed