Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Needs harder content

Laagee
12.04.2012 , 06:35 PM | #1
I know it is hard to please everyone, but it would be nice to have some content that we do not fully clear within a month of opening it. Also it would be nice to only be able to get gear through the new operations as really anyone can just farm the black hole coms and upgrade there gear now which makes the operations almost pointless. Another thing is the movies are REALLY annyoying now. It would be nice to be able to skip the movies altogether. People that have been here since the begining really hate them now and there are a lot of new players that will sit there and watch the movie. Can we not disable the movies for at least the first flash points released.

PVP ugh.... enough said there. I have never pvp'ed in star wars because it is kinda lame. I miss world of warcraft pvp...wish you guys would bring more of there concept into the game.

Now for the people that will say just and play world of warcraft and blah blah blah....I like star wars and I want the game to improve. After the last post from Jeff Hickman he is right. If they do not know they wont fix it.

So to sum it up....
better ops, pvp and a xmas gift for me is a legacy bank

Athena-Nike
12.04.2012 , 07:22 PM | #2
Thats what operations are for. You said the are almost pointless cuz you can farm coms for the gear, thus skipping the need for ops but you say theres nothing hard to do. Do the Ops.... They are hard, and take a while to clear (esp going up to NiM levels)

Revanchis
12.04.2012 , 07:52 PM | #3
Making this game more like WoW is not what needs to be done. What needs to be done is to make it more like an actual full fledged Bioware game.

Laagee
12.04.2012 , 08:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Do the Ops.... They are hard, and take a while to clear (esp going up to NiM levels)
There is no hard ops and there never has been. I remember being in a group for an mmo and spending 4 hours on a boss and it taking up to a month to clear it. If you are in a endgame pve guild in this game you can have it cleared within a week and on farm shortly after. This is not really a challenge to me. Just my thoughts and maybe I am alone with those thoughts. As for people getting there gear through the coms I just think it would be nice to see how good a player is through there gear. Right now you have no idea what a person has accomplished becuase anyone can get the gear through dailys.

As for being a bioware game, this is my first one so I really do not have anything to compare it to. I do know I really enjoyed World of War crafts pvp (Like AV and wintergrasp where we would fight to conquer to gain access to the instance) It just seemed more challenging then what swtor has to offer right now thats all.

ScarletBlaze
12.04.2012 , 08:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Laagee View Post
I know it is hard to please everyone, but it would be nice to have some content that we do not fully clear within a month of opening it. Also it would be nice to only be able to get gear through the new operations as really anyone can just farm the black hole coms and upgrade there gear now which makes the operations almost pointless. Another thing is the movies are REALLY annyoying now. It would be nice to be able to skip the movies altogether. People that have been here since the begining really hate them now and there are a lot of new players that will sit there and watch the movie. Can we not disable the movies for at least the first flash points released.
One comment regarding the movies. I'm been here since prior to launch and have no problem with the movies. So instead of making it sound that everyone that has been here since launch hates them, which is incorrect, you may need to rephrase that and say you dislike it. I like it and know others that do but I will not say everyone likes it as I will not speak for everyone in the community since I have no idea for sure what everyone likes.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

kanare
12.04.2012 , 08:53 PM | #6

PVP ugh.... enough said there. I have never pvp'ed in star wars because it is kinda lame. I miss world of warcraft pvp...wish you guys would bring more of there concept into the game.

Now for the people that will say just and play world of warcraft and blah blah blah....I like star wars and I want the game to improve. After the last post from Jeff Hickman he is right. If they do not know they wont fix it.

So to sum it up....
better ops, pvp and a xmas gift for me is a legacy bank
you are not doing 16 man hard mode means u aint doing the hardest content ............last boss is not cleared yet by any guild and there are some of the most hard core guilds in swtor who raided longer hours then any other guilds doing it ............so if u opt to do 8 man you are missing the hardest content may be it is time to look for a 16 man guild who is doing that content ..............btw 16 man guilds have done the 8 man content its a joke compaired to 16 man ..... bioware has made harder content its not there fult u are not partisipating in it .............. there are plenty of 16 man guilds out there look for 1 and failing that come to TFN and level a char if u are that good we will gear u ........ and we will see how quickly and easy u find it 1900 dps from every 1 in the raid group to kill tanks ...... compaired to 8 man where u needed 1600 big step up .........

AshlaBoga
12.04.2012 , 09:04 PM | #7
16 Man NiM EC Kephess hasn't been cleared yet. So saying the game needs harder content means nothing until you can post your clear.

Complain that the game is too easy when you've beaten all the content.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

sankalp
12.05.2012 , 12:29 AM | #8
even 8m NiM EC is cleared by 15 guilds worldwide(that we know of)

I am happy with the tuning of content and cant wait for NiM TFB

ElitehunterDS
12.05.2012 , 12:36 AM | #9
OP need a Kephess Nightmare kill or this is irrelevant and should be ignored.
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
even 8m NiM EC is cleared by 15 guilds worldwide(that we know of)

I am happy with the tuning of content and cant wait for NiM TFB
A bit more, some persons forget to add their guild to that list
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

TalkingDinosaur
12.05.2012 , 01:18 AM | #10
There is no hard ops and there never has been. I remember being in a group for an mmo and spending 4 hours on a boss and it taking up to a month to clear it. If you are in a endgame pve guild in this game you can have it cleared within a week and on farm shortly after. This is not really a challenge to me. Just my thoughts and maybe I am alone with those thoughts. As for people getting there gear through the coms I just think it would be nice to see how good a player is through there gear. Right now you have no idea what a person has accomplished becuase anyone can get the gear through dailys.

As for being a bioware game, this is my first one so I really do not have anything to compare it to. I do know I really enjoyed World of War crafts pvp (Like AV and wintergrasp where we would fight to conquer to gain access to the instance) It just seemed more challenging then what swtor has to offer right now thats all.
Ever heard of NiM EC? Rip your hair out over that.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11