Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for player with character named Aries

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Looking for player with character named Aries

Aries_cz
12.03.2012 , 04:29 PM | #1
Hi fellow players on this server,

I am trying this as a sort of last ditch effort to find certain person on Tomb of Freedon Nadd server.

After transfers, I lost my character name (Aries), and I am now attempting to find the person who has this name. I know it is an Imperial character, but character that is probably not played anymore (never seen it online or responding to in-game mail). I am trying to contact this person to see if he or she could be persuaded to relinquish the name.

So, if anyone knows who this person is, please let me know, I am willing to offer finder's fee if the information leads to success.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Theotron
12.03.2012 , 04:52 PM | #2
Good luck. Don't know why you are so attached to the name, especially considering that it's hardly imaginative.
The Falensar Legacy
Order of Midnight - Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU
Einama, Lethality Sniper; Aldelar, Bodyguard Mercenary
Pinacia, Immortal Juggernaut; Lundalle, Kinetic Combat Shadow

Aries_cz
12.03.2012 , 05:02 PM | #3
Yes, I agree it is not very imaginative, but because I use this nick everywhere I can (when I started to use it almost a decade ago, it felt really original (and on Czech part of the Internet, it was)), and because, sadly, changing one's Internet nickname after using it for that amount of time is nearly impossible, I was sort of attached to it on my main character.

Like I said, I am not really hoping for any result, just trying it

Theotron
12.03.2012 , 05:26 PM | #4
I wouldn't hold out for it. I spent years trying to get the name 'Scipio' on WoW to no avail.

Then again you might be lucky. Who knows?
The Falensar Legacy
Order of Midnight - Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU
Einama, Lethality Sniper; Aldelar, Bodyguard Mercenary
Pinacia, Immortal Juggernaut; Lundalle, Kinetic Combat Shadow

Evolixe
12.03.2012 , 06:26 PM | #5
Atleast in WoW, names of long inactive players would sometimes be changed if you would ask kindly in a support ticket. No idea how it works here, since i'm very new, but it's worth the shot?

Alec_Fortescue
12.04.2012 , 06:17 AM | #6
They're not doing anything to name squatters. That Aries is probably someone who made a character ages ago and is not logging in anymore for months. It is a shame. I managed to get my old name back after the forced mergers.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Ferkles
12.04.2012 , 04:54 PM | #7
I tried relinquishing a name in preference to someone else before and I got the answer that Customer Support can't/won't do anything about it anyway, even if you are willing.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

kanare
12.04.2012 , 10:14 PM | #8
aries joined my guild for a wile he is actully Republic , but he has not been on for over 100 days just stopped playing

Aries_cz
12.05.2012 , 12:23 AM | #9
Sorry, but he cannot be Republic, as I tried adding him/her to "Friends" list, to see if the character comes online. And it got added only on Imperial side, on Republic side I got "does not exist" error.
Anyway, I was hoping to see if anyone knows some other alts of this player so that I might contact him/her. As for Support, I did not hope for their help, I do know that it does not work in many games, even though it would be the easiest way (and I doubt they would give me the accounts e-.amil address so I could contact him/her)