Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ellianshia
12.04.2012 , 08:33 PM | #3651
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
**pops back in**
Oh and you're welcome for the link. If you are curious about the state of SGRs to this point, check out my signature.
I've looked at it. I tend to be a lot more lurky than posty myself, but I do keep track of how this thread is going, at least.

markcymru
12.04.2012 , 08:40 PM | #3652
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I'd throw my support in, but I don't really have much to say. A couple sentences seems like a waste.
Numbers always count! We need as many people as possible speaking up.

Here's what I wrote:
I want to add my voice to that of those dismayed by Electronic Arts/Bioware’s behaviour regarding same-gender romances (SGRs) in their MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR).

I won’t repeat here the full details, since I’ve been informed that these have already been provided to you. Instead, I urge you to apply whatever pressure you can on EA/Bioware to end their discrimination against non-heterosexual players of SWTOR. In particular, I’d ask you to exhort them to live up to the reputation they claim (and are getting a free ride on, as of SWTOR) for being LGBTQ-positive.

Thank you for any help that you can give,

REAL NAME
Toronto, Canada

Baptes
12.04.2012 , 08:52 PM | #3653
Same here. Though I think I may have rambled a bit much.

I was trying to explain it like I spell out game terms and other game stuff to non gamers. Not sure how good I am at it though. Mostly they just get this glazed look in their eyes.

Hard not to go on about something you're passionate about I guess.

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 09:39 PM | #3654
GLAAD
Hi Real Name,
I have passed this on to our Entertainment team, and they are looking into it.
Thanks!
That's good news actually. Good news is better than what we are used to, which is no news. Hmmm, yep.

Ketchum
12.04.2012 , 09:41 PM | #3655
I sent a FB message to GLAAD to show my support:

Quote:
I heard there's support to be garnered for BioWare's game, The old Republic and their refusal to supply any information regarding the same gender storylines that were supposed to be implemented by now. I want to throw in my voice, saying it's important to me and many others and I have no faith that BioWare themselves will contend with our pleas, so I'm asking you, no, begging you, please help us "persuade" them to tell us the truth! Sincerely your's, angry gay guy.
Yay us!
Murder and mayhem await

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 09:47 PM | #3656
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
Numbers always count! We need as many people as possible speaking up.

Here's what I wrote:
I want to add my voice to that of those dismayed by Electronic Arts/Bioware’s behaviour regarding same-gender romances (SGRs) in their MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR).

I won’t repeat here the full details, since I’ve been informed that these have already been provided to you. Instead, I urge you to apply whatever pressure you can on EA/Bioware to end their discrimination against non-heterosexual players of SWTOR. In particular, I’d ask you to exhort them to live up to the reputation they claim (and are getting a free ride on, as of SWTOR) for being LGBTQ-positive.

Thank you for any help that you can give,

REAL NAME
Toronto, Canada
That was quite good actually. Anyone that wants to support but doesn't know what to say just copy/paste that and change the footer there.

natashina
12.04.2012 , 09:49 PM | #3657
**pops in, couldn't help it**

I've got a longer letter that can be used as a template as well. We need to make sure our messages aren't 100% identical, otherwise they might think it's just one or two people showing their support. So make sure to make some of that post your own.

Just one or two people, right trolls?

No one cares, right detractors?

And I've happily noticed that is far from the case.

**goes back to listening to Orbital (techno)**

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 09:57 PM | #3658
I've got a longer letter that can be used as a template as well. We need to make sure our messages aren't 100% identical, otherwise they might think it's just one or two people showing their support. So make sure to make some of that post your own.

Just one or two people?
Unlike BW I do think GLAAD would still at least look into it, but you are correct.

Just had the funniest image going through my head, since no one from BW actually reads the thread they are going to be taken completely off guard if someone from GLAAD ends up calling them asking for a statement. I can just imagine them being completely shocked by it despite the fact we have been talking about it for days now.

EA Marketing Guy "There are upset about what? "
*calls TOR Game Director "Did you know about this?"
" No I had no idea, let me call the forum mods."
*calls forum mods
"They are upset about what? "

Palar
12.04.2012 , 10:10 PM | #3659
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Unlike BW I do think GLAAD would still at least look into it, but you are correct.

Just had the funniest image going through my head, since no one from BW actually reads the thread they are going to be taken completely off guard if someone from GLAAD ends up calling them asking for a statement. I can just imagine them being completely shocked by it despite the fact we have been talking about it for days now.

EA Marketing Guy "There are upset about what? "
*calls TOR Game Director "Did you know about this?"
" No I had no idea, let me call the forum mods."
*calls forum mods
"They are upset about what? "
"You're calling about what? Hold on, let me check... phone call for Esgee Ahray, guys. Anyone know if we've an Esgee Ahray working here? Someone who's glad about something wants to ask a question about them... maybe it's about their resume."

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 10:12 PM | #3660
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
"You're calling about what? Hold on, let me check... phone call for Esgee Ahray, guys. Anyone know if we've an Esgee Ahray working here? Someone who's glad about something wants to ask a question about them... maybe it's about their resume."
ROFL! Now that was funny.