Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
12.04.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3641
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Chin up! At least we've come this far. Make sure you send that email/Facebook off to GLAAD.

Unlike EAware, we know that GLAAD is listening. Sad that my one little FB message is literally all we've gotten since September of any kind of support whatsoever. September was lip service, and what they gave was just crumbs and old bones.

Besides, maybe now they'll get the backlash that's coming to them. Seriously EAware, it didn't have to come to this.

Let's be a little less gloomy in here and realize that someone gives a damn about us.

Again, not a miracle, but one helluva start.
I know - just needed a btter laugh at the thought things actually had to come to this. In a weird mood, thanks to the heat.

natashina
12.04.2012 , 06:49 PM | #3642
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I know - just needed a btter laugh at the thought things actually had to come to this. In a weird mood, thanks to the heat.
Tell me about it. It's December and still in the 60s (F) here in the Rockies. After a rough year of tons of fires (my town where I was born almost went up in flames,) there's been a wildfire burning north of where I live. There should be a lot of snow/ melted snow by now. Odd moods due to weather I can completely understand.

I had a bitter laugh about this as well, but it was tinged with some schadenfreude. They really brought this on themselves. At least we're hopefully going to get some answers.

EAware needed to be pushed into this corner and reminded that they've gotten a little too high on their pedestal. A little too big for their britches, as my mom and grandma used to say.

natashina
12.04.2012 , 06:57 PM | #3643
I'm back to lurking a bit, since I am leery of getting too excited. If I get any other responses, I'll let you guys know.

You guys are the best.

Oh for the silent supporters and lurkers, please drop by GLAAD's Facebook page and toss them a message (not a wall post, since those tend to get buried.)

Or you can leave an email with GLAAD at http://www.glaad.org/contact

At least I have direct proof they are listening. The more people contact them, the better we'll be.

While I'm gone, please make sure to encourage others to do this!

Anyhow, I'll be reading and watching.

Ellianshia
12.04.2012 , 07:27 PM | #3644
Or you can leave an email with GLAAD at http://www.glaad.org/contact
Well, might as well throw my two cents in. Thank you for providing the link.

Revanchis
12.04.2012 , 07:37 PM | #3645
I'd throw my support in, but I don't really have much to say. A couple sentences seems like a waste.

natashina
12.04.2012 , 07:39 PM | #3646
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I'd throw my support in, but I don't really have much to say. A couple sentences seems like a waste.
**pops back in**

It wouldn't be a waste. Even a simple sentence or two would convey the message. You don't have to write an essay (like I did ) but even a few words would let GLAAD know that you are another player wanting more information about this content.

If anyone wants to use my letter as a template, let me know and I'll PM it to you. Just change up the wording some.

Remember, it's never a waste to express your voice!

Oh and you're welcome for the link. If you are curious about the state of SGRs to this point, check out my signature.

Revanchis
12.04.2012 , 07:59 PM | #3647
**pops back in**

It wouldn't be a waste. Even a simple sentence or two would convey the message. You don't have to write an essay (like I did ) but even a few words would let GLAAD know that you are another player wanting more information about this content.

If anyone wants to use my letter as a template, let me know and I'll PM it to you. Just change up the wording some.

Remember, it's never a waste to express your voice!

Oh and you're welcome for the link. If you are curious about the state of SGRs to this point, check out my signature.
Well, consider my support officially added.

I'm pretty up to date as to the state of SGRs, but thanks for the concern. I've been following the thread daily for the last while. This is my most wanted feature, mostly so I can romance women on my women characters, but also so that my buddy can romance dudes with his dude. It's mostly for selfish reasons though.

Zu_Long
12.04.2012 , 07:59 PM | #3648
Longtime lurker here, just wanting to thank you guys for keeping this alive. Someone has to hold Bioware's feet to the fire on this, and I'm glad you guys are here to do it.

tolaf
12.04.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3649
Sent an e-mail to GLAAD, i normally don't like to get involved in LGBT affairs, but this is rediculous.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Artanisia
12.04.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3650
Even though I am one of the few who still have a degree of hope and faith in BW left I wrote a short message to GLAAD. Because I fully understand and empathize with the anger and frustration a lot of people feel right now.