Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling as Healer

DarthPasta
12.03.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
I would love to try leveling as Corruption spec...so do I keep Khem in tank stance and gear him in DPS gear?

verfallen
12.03.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2
Keep him in tank stance. You'll get a dps companion on Tatooine to help speed up the killing, keep khem tank-geared to solo H2s and such

Dacce
12.03.2012 , 10:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Keep him in tank stance. You'll get a dps companion on Tatooine to help speed up the killing, keep khem tank-geared to solo H2s and such
Pretty much this. I leveled my sorc as a healer, everything was easy sauce, just took a bit longer to kill things.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

marvinmiguel
12.04.2012 , 09:42 AM | #4
im currently leveling as a healer when you hit level 20 its a breeze i can dps as well with no down time so i think its faster than my dps characters. also getting almost instant flash-point groups helps a lot as well as being able to get into 4 man groups pretty easily! hope you enjoy!

verfallen
12.04.2012 , 02:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by marvinmiguel View Post
im currently leveling as a healer when you hit level 20 its a breeze i can dps as well with no down time so i think its faster than my dps characters. also getting almost instant flash-point groups helps a lot as well as being able to get into 4 man groups pretty easily! hope you enjoy!
Under 20 actually you get very little difference, at 20 dps gets either CL or DF putting them ahead in killing speed.

At 34, you'll catch back to to relative power of force storm upon getting it, versus thrash, but you'll still be rather behind in killing speed. However you'll have little to no downtime between groups.

But a dps sorc in pve wipes thrash groups in 3-4 second with his AoE, especially hybrids. Thats faster than a channel on FS

Exiled-Phoenix
12.04.2012 , 03:07 PM | #6
Wouldn't recommend lvling as a healer, but your choice.
The Red Eclipse
VahxFrost'BiteSíon TéxCoriena
Vai'xSpike Decepta Brotu

islander
12.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #7
I leveled as full healer. It is tough until you get Ashara. She is quite honestly a better tank/threat holder then Khem. If you gear her up, she'll do enough melee dps to maintain threat, while you sit back and keep her upright and mix in some dot damage.

I find the tanks we get are terrible, not enough damage output to be worth keeping upright.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

verfallen
12.04.2012 , 07:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I leveled as full healer. It is tough until you get Ashara. She is quite honestly a better tank/threat holder then Khem. If you gear her up, she'll do enough melee dps to maintain threat, while you sit back and keep her upright and mix in some dot damage.

I find the tanks we get are terrible, not enough damage output to be worth keeping upright.
She'll do enough single target damage sure. But thats not true she can keep enough pressure on an whole group, nor will she beat khem single target threat if both have similar quality gear.

Sure speeds up the killing tough, you send her on the strongest mob, AoE the thrash, and then help her finish the strong. Overall very doable to level as a healer.

wainot-keel
12.05.2012 , 08:01 AM | #9
I didn't level my sorc as a healer. I kept Khem decentely geared up and just threw some offheals to him when needed. Or I just let them die to finish off the fight, lol
I just turned to healing once I got to 50

AiienTeer
12.05.2012 , 08:12 AM | #10
I am leveling as healer (my first TOR character). Pretty slow but... honestly, with some mind even H4 from your current lvl are doable solo. Not all, but some of them - yeah. H2+ I rarely even bother getting someone else to help. It's just as fast and easy to do them alone.

Sorc Helaer+Khem (dunno about Ashar) are pretty much unbeatable two-men army. He tanks, I throw heals and protection at him, disrupt and DoT enemies. Weaker mobs got trashed with whatever lightnings I got.

Only negative is that killing is slow. Really slow.

I think I respec and try to play DPS because, frankly, healer is so easy (and slow) that's actually boring.

Gotta Big boss? Khem, maul him. Zing and Khem is bubbled. DoTs. Waiting. Heal. Waiting. Heal. DoT. Waiting. DoT. Waiting. Heal. Heal. Bubble. Waiting. DoT... ok, he is dead. Now the long ride back to mission giver for XPs.

Wanna have it easy and boring - get helaer.