Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Donalj
12.04.2012 , 05:16 PM | #1
Overload has no cast bar! So just put everyone up against the wall and you wont get knocked into the mines.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

ArcCaptain
12.04.2012 , 06:03 PM | #2
Yes, it was quite a shock to us on the first droid as we were ready and waiting to interrupt and then I instantly got knocked back all of a sudden. We weren't able to really test the mechanics as despite the change he remained a 1-shot, however it felt that overload was now a frontal aoe knockback similar to the one sages have, I may be wrong however but the is what it seemed like to me.
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

GeckoOBac
12.04.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
So basically you HAVE to use the leftmost row otherwise you will get knocked into mines?
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Garell
12.04.2012 , 07:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
So basically you HAVE to use the leftmost row otherwise you will get knocked into mines?
Yes...

GeckoOBac
12.04.2012 , 07:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
Yes...
Annoying... Any clue if that's how it's supposed to work or if it's actually a half-baked bug fix?
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

KeyboardNinja
12.04.2012 , 11:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Annoying... Any clue if that's how it's supposed to work or if it's actually a half-baked bug fix?
I'm pretty sure it's a half-baked bug fix. While this certainly makes the fight more interesting from a DPS and healing perspective, it entirely removes 3/4ths of the minefield from consideration by the puzzle solver. You *have* to use the left row, since solving anywhere else results in a wipe (well, I guess you *could* use the right row if you really wanted to, but that's as silly as it has ever been). It also means that getting a bad roll on mine positions results in an auto-wipe due to enrage. When we did it tonight, we had to defuse five mines and it felt like we were pretty tight on the enrage. Six mines on the left row would be death, even if there's a nearly-clear path just to the right.

For those attempting this, Overload is a frontal cone with a fairly wide radius (more than 180 degrees, but less than 270). So, you tank him with your back to the wall while everyone else LoS's the tank on the other side of the droid. Sucks, but doable.

For reference, here it is from the point of view of the solver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLqN6_tc_k You'll notice that, about halfway through, our sentinel was just a hair out of position right as we pulled the probe and got blown out.

Oh, and we asked around in gen chat after we hit this "mechanic" to see if anyone else was having the same issue. A couple groups were doing hard mode and confirmed that it was *not* bugged there, so it seems this is just a nightmare mode issue.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

sankalp
12.05.2012 , 12:23 AM | #7
nevermind

snowmon
12.05.2012 , 03:07 AM | #8
just wanted to pop in and confirm that its only NiM, did hard mode on monday and it is casted.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Phoeniixx
12.05.2012 , 04:03 AM | #9
patch was on thuesday :-)

Kil-Gorbane
12.05.2012 , 09:19 AM | #10
A few questions:

1. Can the group position themselves in the green box at one corner so the tank gets knockbacked the diagonal length of the box? Or is the knockback distance too long?
2. What does the group do when the left-most 1st space is red? It seems like if that is the case the group has 3 options: (A) /stuck (B) see if right-most 1st space is green or (C) attempt to progress down middle and hope the knockback doesn't knock the tank out of the diagonal length of the box.
Olinn | Draconiss
<Lego My Wookiees>