Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 04:27 PM | #3631
It's Hickman being patronizing as usual. If they actually listened to and appreciated player feedback, they'd be more engaged with the PTS, rather than just slapping a patch preview up and sodding off.

Also the article only refers to feedback regarding the Free2Play and Preferred options, rather than discussing player feedback on the game itself. An important distinction, I feel, that demonstrates perfectly the problems that the community and Bioware have which each other.

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3632
Quote: Originally Posted by ElyonRand View Post
nothing you say here will make it come faster
That is certainly self evident at this point. This is without a doubt the most requested, most asked about, and most talked about issue on the forums. Yet...

Quote: Originally Posted by ElyonRand View Post
Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill!
That's not really true. The better part of a year ago they said it might be coming but we've never gotten official confirmation that "Yes SGRA's are definitely on the way with [X] patch/update/content". I don't know where this idea that the devs have "addressed this multiple times" is coming from, the devs have barely ever said anything about.

Nozybidaj
12.04.2012 , 04:46 PM | #3633
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Has just been posted here:

Even if we can’t respond to every post, know that we’re listening and looking to enhance The Old Republic gameplay experience based on player feedback.
LOL, thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Lent_San
12.04.2012 , 05:14 PM | #3634
In hindsight, I love this part the most...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post

Last but not least, I wanted to share the news that the 50 character limit on Global Active Characters for Subscribers will be removed and increased substantially in the same, aforementioned patch. If you wanted to, you can truly create your own army of Troopers or a legion of Sith Warriors.
Yes, I'd love that but I want them GAY, HOW ABOUT THAT!?

fabiyun
12.04.2012 , 06:05 PM | #3635
Maybe BW's been listening to some other feedback and this is the reason why they put us here.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

natashina
12.04.2012 , 06:15 PM | #3636
**delurks, bouncing off the walls***

*waves to Kioma* It's great seeing you around. You were one of my inspirations for creating the FAQ.

I know I wasn't going to post for a few days...but...but..

Lookie Lookie!

From Facebook

Quote:

GLAAD
Hi Real Name,
I have passed this on to our Entertainment team, and they are looking into it.
Thanks!
It isn't much, but it's a huge leap forward guys!

Oh and welcome newcomers! We've been on an emailing campaign contacting GLAAD as well as other sources. Drop them an email or a Facebook message. The more people let GLAAD know their support, the more likely we are to get an answer.

Shoot, any answer would just about do at this point.

We may have fully gotten GLAAD's attention. I hate feeling this hopeful, but damnit, this is the best news we've had in a long time.

Edit: Might as well throw my message I sent in to GLAAD via Facebook:

Quote:
Good evening,

I'm a member of the Same Gender Clarification thread in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I go by the handle Natashina and I helped write a FAQ for that thread.

Last year you guys helped get the LGBT ToR community get an answer about Same Gender Romance. As a member of that community, I'm coming to you for help.

I've sent an email already, so I'll keep this brief:

After Stephen Reid's announcement, the next update was at the ToR Guild Summit in March, stating that they were coming later this year. Since they, all employees that have come out for SGRs have left the company. No other official and public word has been given.

At this point, we just want an estimate as to when its coming or even if it's coming at all. We feel that perhaps some outside sources could help.

Thanks for you time,

My Real Name

Palar
12.04.2012 , 06:30 PM | #3637
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

I hate feeling this hopeful, but damnit, this is the best news we've had in a long time.
And we only had to to a 3rd party after being ignored for 15 months... Thanks, BioWare.

natashina
12.04.2012 , 06:34 PM | #3638
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
And we only had to to a 3rd party after being ignored for 15 months... Thanks, BioWare.
Chin up! At least we've come this far. Make sure you send that email/Facebook off to GLAAD.

Unlike EAware, we know that GLAAD is listening. Sad that my one little FB message is literally all we've gotten since September of any kind of support whatsoever. September was lip service, and what they gave was just crumbs and old bones.

Besides, maybe now they'll get the backlash that's coming to them. Seriously EAware, it didn't have to come to this.

Let's be a little less gloomy in here and realize that someone gives a damn about us.

Again, not a miracle, but one helluva start.

Kioma
12.04.2012 , 06:35 PM | #3639
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
**delurks, bouncing off the walls***

*waves to Kioma* It's great seeing you around. You were one of my inspirations for creating the FAQ.
Awh. You're so good to me. :3

Grats on getting GLAAD's attention! It'll be an interesting thing to see how far this has to go.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

natashina
12.04.2012 , 06:42 PM | #3640
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Awh. You're so good to me. :3

Grats on getting GLAAD's attention! It'll be an interesting thing to see how far this has to go.
You're welcome! I missed your cool head and articulate posts.

And thank you. I was sick of seeing everyone in here not only treated like they were invisible, but also just miserable. I was determined to say something about it.

I'd also like to thank the trolls that came in and laughed at us. Laughed at our anger and our pain.

They were the straw the broke the camel's neck (inside joke from Denver.) I decided that no one was going to care unless we made them care.

Laugh at a dyed-in-the-wool metal head, why don't you? An LGBT metal head at that. I had to carve out my own identity with two groups that generally don't get along.

Well, who's laughing now? Wait, the media wouldn't care at all about this? Adorable.

Thanks for laughing at us. You made me and some others stand up for ourselves.

I'll keep you guys posted. I wonder what JC's colleagues had to say?