Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where can I buy equipment?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where can I buy equipment?

skrimmaru
12.03.2012 , 06:11 AM | #1
Hi all,

The other day I've completed a mission that gave me the option to choose between an headgear item or a random premium box. I know that I should have played it safe and choose the headgear but the curiousity in me led me to choose the box.

The box rolled an item that I can't even wear and the headgear was really awsome because it added 10 str and 10 end.

Is there any way, and where, to buy headgear for a Jedi Sentinel from an NPC store in Coruscant? (With game's currency and not the commendation thing.)

Thanks.

KuroshimaiHD
12.03.2012 , 06:56 AM | #2
Don't bother buying equipment off of vendors with credits, it's a waste of money. You'll get PLENTY of opportunities to get green/blue gear off of questing and mobs.
And remember to get stuff from the commendation vendor too when you can, because it's the only time your planetary comms will be worth anything.

redfurry
12.03.2012 , 08:32 AM | #3
You can also try on the GTN terminals. There you'll see what other players are selling. There may be a headgear piece that is right for your class and has a reasonable price.

There are few headgear pieces at low levels though. When you reach level 20 or so, you'll get plenty of opportunities to get them.

Oggthebase
12.03.2012 , 08:52 AM | #4
Most, if not all the nice orange modifiable gear are rewards from heroics (H2, H2+, H4), which are all repeatable, once a day.

I think that the first piece of orange headgear is either the spaceport terminal H2 Empire side on Nar Shadaa, or the red light sector H2 for Republic, also on Nar Shadaa. The equipment commendation vendors on Nar Shadaa also sell an orange headpiece for commendations.

But at the end of the day, don't worry about your piece of equipment, it would have gotten replaced as you leveled so it's not a big deal.

z-monty
12.03.2012 , 11:55 AM | #5
Just a tip to go with this as well, only pick those boxes that could grant any gear at all if and only if you can't use the other offered gear in any way, shape or form. Most of the time, those boxes dont grant you stuff that you need and will either get put on companions or sold on the GTN. If you dont need the gear that is offered and it cant go to a companion, or dont use a companion enough to warrent giving it gear, then pick the random box. OR, pick the 1 planet commendation if that is an option as well, since those can get you great gear once you're done with a planet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

TheIronMonkey
12.04.2012 , 02:50 PM | #6
7 Toons, I have never ever bought gear from a vendor. The prices are too high, and you can easily live with the drops. As stated, best drops come from Heroics, so do those at level and you will get good stuff to put on.

I favor orange gear, so I take mostly the commendations at the end of the quests and later when I am almost done with the planet I trade them for the armoring, mods and enhancement my orange gear needs. Works great, and credits are used for other things (skills, etc). And, in the end, you can trade commendations for boxes, so even if you run out of things to do with them, you can roll on boxes. ;-)

But I would say up to 10 or even 15, just wear what drops that has your main stat, green or blue. As long as it has points for your main stat.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...