Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

OldRepublicRevan
12.04.2012 , 11:14 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
While I do agree 100% that Focus is an easy spec, I don't think a level 25 Guardian has the same Focus Spec as a level 50. You don't even have enough skill points to get a guaranteed crit, let alone a fully stacked sweep.
If played correctly and picking the correct targets and not blatantly attacking ppl who have full health one can destroy many ppl. You probably assumed I was 1v1'ing everyone down with full health and that is why you believed it to be an exaggeration. Its all a matter of play style. A smart melee won't charge in blindly sweep sweeping. That's how you get ff'd and burnt down. You don't need a full skill tree to destroy ppl especially when in sub 50 pvp everyones skills are maxed out at level 49 anyways.

We both agree its a cheap class and one any noob can play lets just leave it at that.

Atramar
12.04.2012 , 11:19 AM | #62
only hardness of that spec in current state, is same as marauder. ppl see light stick (or two) and jump, and will assume derp smasher, focus fire = dead.
atleast healers have easier life..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

UncleOst
12.04.2012 , 11:41 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
It isn't fair to say "with taunts applied". You can apply taunts to anyone, it shouldn't be a deciding factor in comparing any damage to any other damage.
In the context of pvp?

Yer damn rights it is!

mrekxxx
12.04.2012 , 01:09 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Also, a good sage dps is a million times more difficult to play than a smash jugg and they can't compare to the damage output of smashers.
dude you just kidding, i play sorcerer, juggernaut, pyrotech, operative, assasin and all i can say, this game is primitive and easy for all, 7 years old kids included

no offence, but sorcerer/your sage/ dps, for example madness i love to play, there is instant forcelightning, no mana issues and i tried in one game press only 1 button and did 450k easy ...

all classes are pretty easy and 80% players are pretty bad, thats why they complain...

what i can say is only healers are a bit more difficult to play according selecting targets /team mates/, because dps just deals dmg, doesnt matter who is that all dmg counts, but when you pick bad target for healing its a fail...

smash is rly not boring, its fun, and fun is everything what have burst in pvp and what can kill something ... i kill with my sorcerer very hard players, no burst so no fun ... thats all, end of story

and yeah smash is OP, but i prefer let it like it is now, but buff rest, give ppl burst ...

remove grind, remove stuns and give ppl fun bioware ...

and add larger maps and more pvp content ...

Jadescythe
12.04.2012 , 01:15 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
no offence, but sorcerer/your sage/ dps, for example madness i love to play, there is instant forcelightning, no mana issues and i tried in one game press only 1 button and did 450k easy ...
This tells me everything I need to know about you as sorcs/sages have no one ability that can be spammed to 450k. In fact, the only way you are getting to 450k is in a very long match or by dotting up the other team constantly for no reason and killing no one.
I have opinions and stuff

L-RANDLE
12.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post

all classes are pretty easy
^This

At the core, there is no real "skill" involved with this game.

And quick twitch don't count because GCDs kinda ruins the whole thing with quick twitch/creativity thing.....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

DarthOvertone
12.04.2012 , 01:27 PM | #67
You all got Trolled. OP can't be serious.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

TrueEquality
12.04.2012 , 01:33 PM | #68
imo make smash put a debuff on the target which makes it so any smash within 5 secs of gettign smashed only hits u for like 50% of the dmg or something, but ya peeps ened to learn to spread out more and not get aoed to death
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer

TrueEquality
12.04.2012 , 01:50 PM | #69
or wait, that wouldnt be a debuff, i dunno what u would call it
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer