Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gen Chat Needs to be Monitored 24/7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
Gen Chat Needs to be Monitored 24/7

Damask_Rose
12.03.2012 , 09:39 PM | #11
Chat on Coruscant was abominable Sat. night. No one comment was bad enough to get anyone banned, but the over all tone was hostile and misogynistic. I /ignored more people in one night than I have in years of gaming. I don't want to shut general chat and miss people asking legitimate questions. There are a lot of new players that need help, and it's a shame that this sophomoric behavior is hurting their chances of getting questions answered or get groups for quests.
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/

Druidregalia
12.03.2012 , 09:50 PM | #12
are you on Prophesy of the Five? Just asking because I was leveling my smuggler alt that night trying to get her to the jedi temple for the HK part. yeah....I ignored about 10 people that night.

Damask_Rose
12.03.2012 , 09:54 PM | #13
Lol yes!
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/

Lord_Thorne
12.04.2012 , 01:25 AM | #14
Hear, hear! I've got the profanity filter on, and it makes no difference, people get on genchat and go on and on about really offensive things. I wish there was a way to just kick em off the game or at least off chat altogether.
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
(If this game has taught me anything, it's the incredible immaturity, bitterness, and selfishness of a sadly large segment of the MMO and Star Wars communities.)

DrewFromPhilly
12.04.2012 , 03:22 AM | #15
Never go on Xbox Live, ever. You are delicate like a flower. I've seen stupid crap in general chat, but at least you can ignore ppl, minimize chat, or even set up custom chat tabs that leave out general chat.

jockjammer
12.04.2012 , 03:33 AM | #16
I don't know if it is free players,subbers, or returning players but the general chat especially on the capitol worlds has become absolutely deplorable since launch of F2P. I almost always have it turned off. And if your ignore list gets full then for the really bad ones I add them to my freinds list so with a comment to remind me to avoid them at all costs! Writing tickets unfortunately does no good. Probably the only thing I can honestly say WoW is better at. I never wrote a ticket on a rascist player in WoW that was not responded to within 10 minutes with a ban of said player. I do agree that general chat needs babysitters,not only the content but even some of the names should get players suspended or even banned but until this game starts making money for BW we will never see that kind of support.
UTINI!!!!

stinkydoggy
12.04.2012 , 06:56 AM | #17
This is why I just keep general, trade and pvp chat off. It makes for a much better gaming experience, less clutter and I don't have to look at cries for attention through stupidity. If I want to form a group for a FP or heroic then there are always 10-12 of my guildies on and they're always up for a run through.
Save yourself the trouble and just turn general chat off. Stop feeding these morons and letting them get to you. The best weapon you have against the kiddies is to ignore them. Eventually they'll get bored and go back to wow or halo or call of duty or whatever other game they're bored of.
You won't be missing anything in general chat anyway. And if there's friends you really want to talk to then just use /tell or /group. Problem solved.
May you never wake up with a rabid hamster playing a tiny drumset in the corner of your room. But if you do, then you'd better get a guitar because that, my friend, is one jam session you don't want to miss out on.

_Darkstar
12.04.2012 , 08:17 AM | #18
They need a proper report function (IE: Right click, report for reason x) instead of just allowing the reporting of spam. I turned general chat off within an hour or re-subbing it was that bad, but mostly full of useless chat rather than anything offensive.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

bahdasz
12.04.2012 , 11:27 AM | #19
Or...

Let people exercise their freedom of speech. You're on a keep the forums holy crusade, I'm on an identify and crucify all the stupid people crusade.

If others have the right to cry and moan about the stupid, idioti stuff they do on the forums, I should have the right to call them on it without some other crybaby trying to get me banned. I don't tell them they can't have or voice their opinion, why should anyone think they can do that to me (or anyone for that matter).

People need to toughen up and stop getting their little feelings hurt over every little thing, some times people aren't going to like you or your ideas... and they're going to tell you about.

Bleeters
12.04.2012 , 11:44 AM | #20
Freedom of speech doesn't give you some innate right to say things that are rude, hateful, and against the agreed upon behaviour rules of whatever platform you're using to communicate, y'know.