Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Binds And/Or More Hotkeys

Pilgrim_Grey
12.02.2012 , 06:03 PM | #1
I have far too many abilities and not enough hotkeys, or I haven't figured out how this works in preferences (as far as I can tell, there are no options to choose what key does what, but correct me if I'm wrong).

All the other MMOs I've played automatically let you use 1-10 for actions, and then generally automatically assigns a second row to alt or ctrl + 1-10 again. One even did this with shift.

ToR... doesn't seem to allow anything beyond 1-10 for your one hotbar, even though I find both PvE and PvP make me want to be able to do this for more than the 1-6 or 7 keys I can reach easily on the fly. Is there a way to get ToR to recognize more hotkey combinations (something like ctr1 means activated Guardian Taunt?) without binds or macros? If it does require binds or macros, how do I do this? Haven't been able to find info on this, so I'd love some info if anyone can give it.

Beemerchick
12.02.2012 , 06:12 PM | #2
There is a way to set keybinds. IIRC (it's been a long while since I've done it), keybindings are a separate tab under Options. Open Options, then look at the bottom of the window to see the tab for keybinding.

Pilgrim_Grey
12.04.2012 , 09:12 AM | #3
Sheesh. I must have been through that menu dozens of times hoping to find something and somehow never found this. Thanks. It's that annoying syndrome where you look all over an aisle for a particular cough medicine, ask for help after five minutes, and it was right under your nose the whole time.

Oggthebase
12.04.2012 , 09:17 AM | #4
also, because they way one story classes becomes two advanced classes that have completely different gameplay, a few of your abilities you'll never actually use in your combat rotation because they belong to the "other" advanced class you share that ability with, so they're not actually worth mapping.

It's most obvious with the imperial agent (operative: melee skills and anything long range is weak, sniper: long range skills and anything close combat is weak).

Meriki
12.04.2012 , 10:44 AM | #5
Ya it is actually a waste of combat time and can get you killed if you use these abilities. Stick with your powerful abilities and leave the others off your hot bar.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Play the Fyxt RPG for free as a standalone RPG or with your current RPG.