Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why why why is the servers still down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why why why is the servers still down?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SBR_QuorTek
12.04.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1
Why is the Ebon Hawk not operating, yes you guys did post something about it, but why do you not tell customers what exactly is wrong and going on.

Also as a Ebon Hawk user I would like some sort of compensation for lost game time if it is not to much to ask since been a subscriber since pre-launch.

In a professional view...

Say that the server is down and tell your subscribers why it is down, not just saying blahblahblah server down....
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

chimex
12.04.2012 , 10:32 AM | #2
Give them a chance, they havn't tried pressing off & on again
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Dchsknight
12.04.2012 , 10:34 AM | #3
You wont get compensation... It is maintenance day... you knew it was coming... such is life. Go read a book!

Arvig
12.04.2012 , 10:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SBR_QuorTek View Post
Why is the Ebon Hawk not operating, yes you guys did post something about it, but why do you not tell customers what exactly is wrong and going on.

Also as a Ebon Hawk user I would like some sort of compensation for lost game time if it is not to much to ask since been a subscriber since pre-launch.

In a professional view...

Say that the server is down and tell your subscribers why it is down, not just saying blahblahblah server down....
1) They weren't still down. Ebon Hawk and two others did crash, but they went up on or before the ETA for the patch. The crash happened less then 30 minutes ago best I can tell. I know Ebon Hawk wasn't down an hour ago, I was finishing up Coreilla world and class quest on an alt then.

2) As for compensations..okay. I'll assume you're a subscriber. The game is 15 dollars USD/month. 50 cents a day if one just says 30 days in a month. If the server is down a full 24 hours, that's 50 cents lost. Would you like your 50 cents applied as a check, refund to your credit card or applied to your account? :P

chimex
12.04.2012 , 10:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Arvig View Post
1) They weren't still down. Ebon Hawk and two others did crash, but they went up on or before the ETA for the patch. The crash happened less then 30 minutes ago best I can tell. I know Ebon Hawk wasn't down an hour ago, I was finishing up Coreilla world and class quest on an alt then.

2) As for compensations..okay. I'll assume you're a subscriber. The game is 15 dollars USD/month. 50 cents a day if one just says 30 days in a month. If the server is down a full 24 hours, that's 50 cents lost. Would you like your 50 cents applied as a check, refund to your credit card or applied to your account? :P
I want my 50 cents (25 pence) given to me in biscuits! I WANT MAH BISCUUUUUIIIIIITS!!!
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Maxil
12.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #6

Happened slightly before 10:50 cst, 50 mins ago.

But anyway, with cartel points now, I'd rather take that over sub time.

And harb/hawk just came back up on my screen

Cessna_X
12.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #7
They said they are still investigating the outage... meaning they don't know what's wrong. I'm sure they will let us know as soon as they have something. Until then, patience.

Although I agree that if the servers continue to stay down for an extended period of time, a few comms in the mail or something would be nice.
You could no more evade my wrath
than you could your own shadow

MiralukaJedi
12.04.2012 , 10:43 AM | #8
A check. I can lol about how the check itself cost more than the amount on it.

Arvig
12.04.2012 , 10:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
I want my 50 cents (25 pence) given to me in biscuits! I WANT MAH BISCUUUUUIIIIIITS!!!

You're in luck! Someone gave me a big tin of Danish butter cookies as an early Christmas gift! I'll be sure to mail them ASAP!

Naugor
12.04.2012 , 10:46 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings everyone,

We are currently investigating the server issue, we will keep you informed in this sticky on the General Discussion forums.

Thank you for your understanding.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.