Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

people "falling through floor" in WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
people "falling through floor" in WZ

Frsot's Avatar


Frsot
12.04.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1
im not sure what too call this really, but i believe it is a bug. ive seen it happen before in less dire situations, but not as often as ive noticed it lately, and this needs to be sorted asap.
just now in a huttball is what really set me off today! a shadow who has the ball is on hes way to our goal line, me an 3 other team-mates jumps him(2 jugg, 1 mara and 1 assassin) and he just falls through the ground! completely dissapearing from all of us who just stand dumbstruck wondering why he would use his escape stealth that close to the goal line. but then he pops back STILL CARRYING THE BALL, and scores! yeah you can bet we all were pretty peed off about that one...
ToFN - altaholic

yauhen_pt's Avatar


yauhen_pt
12.04.2012 , 09:39 AM | #2
hutball is the most bugged wz map, its normal, dont panic, u have chance to fall through floor next time ull carry the ball. fair play

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.04.2012 , 09:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Frsot View Post
im not sure what too call this really, but i believe it is a bug. ive seen it happen before in less dire situations, but not as often as ive noticed it lately, and this needs to be sorted asap.
just now in a huttball is what really set me off today! a shadow who has the ball is on hes way to our goal line, me an 3 other team-mates jumps him(2 jugg, 1 mara and 1 assassin) and he just falls through the ground! completely dissapearing from all of us who just stand dumbstruck wondering why he would use his escape stealth that close to the goal line. but then he pops back STILL CARRYING THE BALL, and scores! yeah you can bet we all were pretty peed off about that one...
I've seen the falling through the ground on CW before. I took it as just a graphical bug and the assassin just used his in combat stealth. Wouldn't be able to score that way though.

jibboo's Avatar


jibboo
12.04.2012 , 09:45 AM | #4
Happens all the time in Huttball.

In addition to that, sometimes you'll see someone on the catwalk, but they're actually below it.

So very bugged.
Zimbra - Assassin

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
12.04.2012 , 10:38 AM | #5
I saw this in a CW the other day. Just started, my team the only team to make it to the turret the fastest, and someone starts capping, only the beam of light is coming from the ground. I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was a graphics bug that sometimes happens if you start capping and then move from the turret. Saw a Guardian do Force sweep right next to the beam of light, and two seconds later the node capped over and there was no one else capping it. Dude popped out of the floor and ran. It all happened too quickly for me to catch a name though because I died and hit respawn on reflex
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
12.04.2012 , 10:40 AM | #6
I haven't seen this in a while...

Assumed it was fixed.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
12.04.2012 , 11:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I haven't seen this in a while...

Assumed it was fixed.
Thought so too, was a fairly popular exploit for a while.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Frsot's Avatar


Frsot
12.04.2012 , 12:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Thought so too, was a fairly popular exploit for a while.
but is it really an exploit? im not sure exactly what triggers it, but it seems to be some kind of bug when someone uses force leap on a target and lands.
ToFN - altaholic

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
12.04.2012 , 12:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Happens all the time in Huttball.

In addition to that, sometimes you'll see someone on the catwalk, but they're actually below it.

So very bugged.
Almost a year ago one of the vents pushed me through the catwalk base and no one could target / attack me unless they had an AoE in my general area. I could attack, target, and kill other players though.

I got a "that is strange" response from CS
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
12.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Frsot View Post
but is it really an exploit? im not sure exactly what triggers it, but it seems to be some kind of bug when someone uses force leap on a target and lands.
What you described is just like an exploit that was often abused. Could be a coincidence though, and you just saw a remarkably similar bug.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE