Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Vladnar
12.04.2012 , 03:38 AM | #1511
Am i wrong or can premades only run in team of 4 not 8?

Personally i think you should only be able to go into pug wz solo and should team up for ranked but as its 4's and gives out practice then some you win some you lose, i just enjoy warzones no matter what.

Random pugs of solos is just so much more fun, 7 sorcs in your group lol or top dps only 85k or you end up with each player over 70 kills to like 1 death its totally random and fun, because life IS like a box of chocolates.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Doomsdaycomes
12.04.2012 , 03:39 AM | #1512
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.
=P they haven't commented on this thread, but in the link to the Q&A I provided earlier, they already stated they had no plans for a hard splitting of "Normal" from "Elite" players.

They instead said better matchmaking will be coming. That is our answer.

CommanderKeeva
12.04.2012 , 03:59 AM | #1513
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P they haven't commented on this thread, but in the link to the Q&A I provided earlier, they already stated they had no plans for a hard splitting of "Normal" from "Elite" players.

Yeah I've read that and I'm looking forward to that but ranked warzones are already hard splitting normal players from elite ones. Besides with a whole alleged forum team, I'm pretty sure that they could take 2 seconds to belch something here (please refer to the Q&A livestream). I'm glad that players are finding relevant information, but we are not supposed to do their job for them. It's like some knucklehead decided to sweep the problem under the rugs and ordered everyone to ignore this thread. Here's hoping that it won't come back to bite them in the ***, which, knowing the history of BW it most likely will.

If they wanna go with match-making, fine, but then they have to ensure that PuGs are not weighed down by a myriad of other issues like the gear gap, bubble stun, crappy resolve and class imbalance. Also, I cannot stress enough that match-making has to be implemented soon enough to save what's left of the F2P players. A simple ETA could have gone a long way towards that (even if we all know there notoriety with upholing their deadlines.) There really has to a be MAJOR PvP revamp patch and VERY SOON. I know perfect balance is impossible but a reasonable balance should be possible to achieve. The sooner they do it, the more likely that casuals, F2P and preferred players will become active PvP'ers.

I have to throw my favorite PvP environment (GW1) out there again, because it was just so good and well-thought out. If they manage to turn warzones into something along the lines of Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood or Alliance Battles, I'll love it because those were objective-based pvp maps that balanced pugs and premades.

However, I still say that a random PuG vs PuG match can be immense fun. Even if you do match-making in the warzones, I would love to have some 4v4 death match arenas, something like Random and Team Arenas.

But at least I can take solace in the fact that they're doing something in the future. Let's just hope that it comes soon enough to be meaningful.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Doomsdaycomes
12.04.2012 , 04:04 AM | #1514
@Keeva:

Agreed on most (though not all) points.

Luckily 1.6 is suppose to remove the gear gap (WH as easy to get as BM, and EWH barely better.)

Hopefully we see other forms of pvp (Open World, New Warzones, and maybe even 4 vs 4 or 16 vs 16 massive battles.)

Class imbalance and crappy resolve are probably here to stay. They'll nerf one thing, buff another, change a mechanic and have an entirely new problem.

Whatever they do, hopefully it's soon or "in time." Though they have the real numbers on how many players they have left.

pixieish
12.04.2012 , 04:10 AM | #1515
Oh I do hope so... as I'm sure many others have already said, it's so frustrating being in a recruit team just being warzone fodder for the opposition.

Veniras
12.04.2012 , 06:26 AM | #1516
Actually they didn't. They said they HOPED better matchmaking would be coming in the future.

Eillack
12.04.2012 , 06:30 AM | #1517
It's starting to get lat out silly on some days on Jedi Covenant. Same imp-premade just rolling everyone with almost everyone in the Rep teams just leaving the WZ right away making the round even worse.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Veniras
12.04.2012 , 06:47 AM | #1518
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
It's starting to get lat out silly on some days on Jedi Covenant. Same imp-premade just rolling everyone with almost everyone in the Rep teams just leaving the WZ right away making the round even worse.
Best solution you got if you're getting 'rolled

Wainamoinen
12.04.2012 , 07:27 AM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Best solution you got if you're getting 'rolled
No, it isn't.

Because then you'll never beat them = not a solution.

Giving up before a fight even starts ensures you'll never win.

Even if you're pretty sure you're going to lose that warzone, you can try something and see if it works if only for practice, or try and take out one of their players. If you're getting beaten badly it's over quick and you can requeue. The only lasting damage is to your ego and that's all down to you. Longer term, do something to improve your chances individually or as a group.

Very poor attitude.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Veniras
12.04.2012 , 07:39 AM | #1520
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Very poor attitude.
I don't care. If a pug is getting 'rolled by a premade and the fun-factor is in the negative numbers, I see no reason to stay.