Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MVP choices

RaptorClown
12.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"
in hutt u gain attacker points for killing a guy near their score area as well, so no, ure wrong. mvp - guy who scored/assisted most + was useful whole game, not some vulture waiting for pass behind score lane eot

usually objective score doesnt say too much about who was really playing, seen guy with 10k defender afk 90%of the game, still had like 2 mvp votes with 50dps...i mean really?

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 11:02 PM | #12
i randomly click on someone. its like 1 extra comm, who cares

filipesantana
12.04.2012 , 12:34 AM | #13
i would vote on myself every time, but since i cant i just click "exit"

spider_child
12.04.2012 , 02:28 AM | #14
I always show love to my healers.

chimex
12.04.2012 , 02:33 AM | #15
I either vote for someone I saw who put in 110% all the time in the match (even if unsuccessful.) Or, I go by objective points. I NEVER go by damage dealt, all that proves is they hit things.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Hambunctious
12.04.2012 , 02:34 AM | #16
I vote for no one in a blow out loss. Other than that, heals, or the guy who guarded a node with me gets the vote.

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 02:50 AM | #17
Most people just vote for the highest damage dealers or top healing done. Even if that doesn't prove anything in the slightest.

Honestly though, unless someone really shines above the others i don't use my vote.

Veovis
12.04.2012 , 03:33 AM | #18
I generally look at highest damage, healing and objectives points and try to come up with a reasonable vote based on those, unless I've seen something in particular that stood out.

I was frustrated once in that there were two healers that did a hell of a job keeping me a live, but I could only vote for one of them

I think it may be nice if the objectives points stat was made a little more transparent.

Perhaps if we could tell from objective points (or a new column) who had either scored or assisted with a score (e.g. carried ball in last x yards of arena without enemy / no posession) in Huttball, who capped in CW / NC or who planted / defused in VS. This would make it easier to spot objectives-based players after the fact, at least. I know there's more to these things than "Ug! Me score, me most useful", but knowing these things could be useful in MVP decisions.
If we don't start soon, George Lucas is gonna change it again
-- Howard Wolowitz

thamightyboro
12.04.2012 , 03:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"
HA a game yesterday, win 2-1, commando (gunnery) with 30k dmg 30k healing, some ****** had the gall to ask me if I afk'd the warzone. Now if he hadn't of just been kill chasing at mid he would have saw me healing the BC and running ahead to clear platforms with KB. Far too many idiots at every level of PVP that MVP is totally worthless as it's rarely the actual MVP of the match that get's it.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 03:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by thamightyboro View Post
HA a game yesterday, win 2-1, commando (gunnery) with 30k dmg 30k healing, some ****** had the gall to ask me if I afk'd the warzone. Now if he hadn't of just been kill chasing at mid he would have saw me healing the BC and running ahead to clear platforms with KB. Far too many idiots at every level of PVP that MVP is totally worthless as it's rarely the actual MVP of the match that get's it.
This is true.