Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

DaltarSpitfire
12.03.2012 , 03:30 PM | #1501
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
FYI, 8 medals is the maximum that will affect your commendation count. Getting 12 will not get you more comms. Read the debuff on your bar when you hit 8 medals in a warzone.
ya i knew that and i still typed it...my bad. not so sure how the game counts extra Comms. but my point minus that statement still stands.
Through Fire, Wind and Rain, I've Stood my Ground, For Ages Untold I Stood Alone, Ere The Sun Shone, When This World Was Dark and Cold, I Stood Alone, The Earth Turns, The Wind Fades, And Rain Falls, Yet Still I Stand Alone. I am Spitfire Falcon, Last of My Clan, Dark Lord of Naritus.

TheBigBee
12.03.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1502
Quote: Originally Posted by Ionna View Post
AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

--------------------------

I see this line over and over again, so i guess premades dont get it. I dont want to play vs a premade and I dont want to play with 1 either (and yes, anytime I que up and get on a team with a premade I leave that grp). Choices being to get rolled or cheese the wz and win...or to be frustrated or bored. Why would I want to cheese my way to an effortless win, that's not any better than being rolled. Solo que ppl want a fair fight. That's all we ask for. Premades obviously dont want that, or theyd be in rated.
you see the line over and over...yet you cannot seem to wrap your head around the fact that premades mean NOTHING

A premade of noobs is a premade of noobs
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

Jadescythe
12.03.2012 , 03:50 PM | #1503
Quote: Originally Posted by DaltarSpitfire View Post
ya i knew that and i still typed it...my bad. not so sure how the game counts extra Comms. but my point minus that statement still stands.
Last I heard, it depended on how close the game was and possibly length, but I don't honestly remember from previous dev posts.
I have opinions and stuff

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #1504
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
lets say that we get split queues. when the premade only queue starts to slow down (which it will), players will start to queue "together" into the solo queue. with a small amount of effort and coordination, it is not difficult to funnel down your warzone invites until it is highly likely that you will get in with whoever you are coordinating with (this can actually be done with 2 4-man premades to get a full 8-man premade in non-ranked wzs).

so what happens when "premades" start invading the solo-only queues? the end result will be the same as we have now: groups of players will be together in warzones using voice communication and superior tactics to fight true pugs.

what do we do then?

L-RANDLE
12.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #1505
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
Nerf operatives seems applicable...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

HaLeX
12.04.2012 , 01:08 AM | #1506
Played 2 matches today, 1 loss 1 win, both were blow outs and I logged(it was exactly what I was expecting). Class balance, stuns, and all the other stuff that could be better means nothing if the match isn't competitive. I do hope that this matchmaking system is implemented soon.

Ionna
12.04.2012 , 03:00 AM | #1507
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
OK Mr. sky is falling, Why is it on my server (The Shadowlands PvE) that ques have not slowed once since server launch and I can get a pop 24/7? Should it have not slowed already? premades have been here since launch.

Take the gear gap reduction and enjoy yourself.
actually the ques have slowed....you just dont see it during normal play times yet. The ques start off popping 24/7 every 5 mins or so....then pop drops a bit and the ques pop a bit more slowly starting in the off hours (3 am server to 9 am round abouts) ...... then the off hours slot starts popping very rarely ( like it is now) every 30 mins to an hr or so.....then the ques dont pop at all during this timeslot and the que time jumps up a bit during normal playing hours (ie 15 mins or so per pop) then more and more....til they do a server combining and the whole process restarts. I guess the f2p did almost the same thing pop wise and maybe yet again theyll do it with a cross server que.....not sure where theyll go from there tho. They can only cover diminishing subs for so long (tho note if you unsub now, you get moved to a f2p sub and will prob be counted as an active sub whether you play or not).

Metukka
12.04.2012 , 03:11 AM | #1508
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
Played 2 matches today, 1 loss 1 win, both were blow outs and I logged(it was exactly what I was expecting). Class balance, stuns, and all the other stuff that could be better means nothing if the match isn't competitive. I do hope that this matchmaking system is implemented soon.
Competitive non-ranked warzones? You do realize that sounds pretty hilarious?

CommanderKeeva
12.04.2012 , 03:24 AM | #1509
I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Carousel_t
12.04.2012 , 03:35 AM | #1510
it really is discouraging if you go against a full warhero premade three times in a row. i'd say, leave premades for ranked and make queueing for normal wz available only for a single player, not party. i've definately learned something out of going against premades - that you need teamspeak to do well in wz. then again, if you throw a bunch of f2p players who just went p2p and have no clue what to do, they will soon realise, warzones are not for them as they are run by one or two guilds who simply put - are all over the place. don't get me wrong, i like having some difficulity in game, but going against premade on normal wz is just a waste of time.