Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Ranged" classes

Erikku
12.03.2012 , 09:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
Yea, I know. I've wanted to play that for some time...

Kerensk
12.03.2012 , 10:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Erikku View Post
I see what you did there. What I meant was just like I said.

- The FORCE (rather than gear for determining attributes)
- Lightsaber (of the current varieties)
- Robes (not armor per se)

Gear should NOT be the primary factor in determining whether a Jedi is tank,damage, healer.. "Skills" using Force Power should be though.
You get more FORCE abilities as you level up, and your FORCE abilities get stronger as you level up.
Not to mention your FORCE abilities change depending on what tree you follow.
The game is exactly as you want it, the force defines what attack and strategies you use. The thing is you're still at the beginning when you only have basic attacks.

As far the RP aspect of Jedi being able to magically slice through anything with their glow sticks. Heed the advice others gave and quit now. You won't get it, and nobody here wants it.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

NoTomorrow
12.04.2012 , 02:21 AM | #23
Its a simpe learn to play issue. Melee classes never have been sonstrong as now.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Jawa-Punter
12.04.2012 , 02:27 AM | #24
OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

What I'm saying here is, what the hell happened to the FORCE? I mean the "other" star wars games all seemed to respect the power of a jedi. HELLO, LIGHTSABERS-THAT-CUT-THROUGH-ANYTHING??? What happened to that?

So, I think it's pretty clear I'm dissatisfied with jedi development in this game. To me, it's exactly the same as playing HALO with the melee sword. That's exactly what it is; except I don't get to pick up a weapon.

The story and lore are great...Thumbs up there. But Jedi are not really Jedi. just cannon fodder with glow sticks.
The sword in Halo is godmode if you know how to use it. That fact that you talk about it like it's bad leads me to believe your melee problems are just user error.

chimex
12.04.2012 , 02:37 AM | #25
So in short, you want to be god-mode jedi? eeerrrmmmmmm, no. No you cannot. It's called balancing, not "want an easy win? laugh at your opponents as a super power jedi mwahahaha!"

If that was the case, nobody would even think of being a trooper/bh etc

It's called balancing.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Beansoup
12.04.2012 , 02:58 AM | #26
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

Vladnar
12.04.2012 , 03:39 AM | #27
MOST BIZARRE post ive ever read.

Poor old ranged at 50 always get taken apart by melee, have you not seen the stuns a warrior gets?

Lol
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

CommanderKeeva
12.04.2012 , 04:08 AM | #28
Yeah in PvE the game heavily favors ranged classes for Ops bosses. I agree that sometimes it is ridiculous how melee classes are gimped. But that's not relevant here.

As if to compensate for that, the game heavily favors melee classes in 50 PvP. The only people my Carnage mara can't jump and rip apart right away are snipers/gunslingers but even for that I have Force Camo, so I can sneak up on them.

You don't really hear this from me, in fact I've never said this before, but it really does seem like that you have a L2P issue. (But as you've said it yourself, you're only level26 or something, so I'm holding out my hope for you.)
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Aetideus
12.04.2012 , 04:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
MOST BIZARRE post ive ever read.

Poor old ranged at 50 always get taken apart by melee, have you not seen the stuns a warrior gets?

Lol
He is not 50 probably.
He ll get 50 and be a happy 2 button qualified smasher.

Veovis
12.04.2012 , 04:40 AM | #30
OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....
Play an arsenal mercenary, then see if you still agree with those statements
If we don't start soon, George Lucas is gonna change it again
-- Howard Wolowitz