Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
12.03.2012 , 09:42 PM | #21
As a droid it would make sense that he could transfer into as many bodies as he liked, I can't see why this would be limited to one. That said, he would have to have bodies ready to be transfered to.

Remember that GO-T0 was ultimately trying to capture the exile, not kill her. In a death match he would be able to use resources he couldn't on the exile (deadly poisons, high explosives etc). The main problem in this fight would be how the two could actually find each other...
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Xatasha's Avatar


Xatasha
12.04.2012 , 01:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Except Plagueis was pretty much invisible as well. Maybe not TRUE invisibility, but he was able to sit around on Coruscant without even Master Yoda knowing he was there. He would have to literally walk into the Jedi Temple and say "Hey I'm a Sith Lord here to kill you!"

If Yoda and the entire galaxy couldn't see him, what makes you think G0-T0 can?

Plagueis isn't really a hands-on kinda guy. If he has the tools to take G0-T0 out, he will use them.
GO TO is a droid and not effected by force mind tricks like organics are. He can also take over droids, electronics and ships. If he was in our world he would be that evil thing in the internet.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.04.2012 , 02:08 AM | #23
Concerning the whole download thing - is that even possible? I can't think of a single instance where a droid has made a copy of its memory. So I assume it's impossible, too complex etc especially since planning droids are incredibly complex, however his memory core could be salvaged. Or it could be placed in another droid or something, basically there are lots of decoy tactics he could employ.

But let's not forget G0-T0 has a HK-50 factory. And anyone who has read Darth Plagueis would know he was severely wounded by maladin assassins. So there's definitely a chance the HK's could kill him.

But seeing as the Kaggath removes some element suprise we can assume Plagueis would have his Sun Guard protecting him which remember are not bound to Sojourn, he can use them against goto and he can 'hire' more - there basically like Death Watch

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.04.2012 , 06:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Concerning the whole download thing - is that even possible? I can't think of a single instance where a droid has made a copy of its memory. So I assume it's impossible, too complex etc especially since planning droids are incredibly complex, however his memory core could be salvaged. Or it could be placed in another droid or something, basically there are lots of decoy tactics he could employ.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid

IG-88A was able to completely and totally download its entire personality and memory into three other copies of itself. GO-TO could potencially do the same, not only escaping, but making more of himself as partners and then decoys. His ship was filled with droids of the same type as him, so obviously he has other bodies he could transfer into.

IG-88A actually downloaded his entire personality/memories into the Death Star, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for GO-TO to transfer his data to another body nearby. It seems completely possible to say that GO-TO can either make clones of himself, or transfer (rather quickly it seems) to another body.

EDIT: If our iPhones can "bump" and share photos and information, imagine what could be done in a galaxy with Star Wars tech. (Oh, and as a side note, that isn't GO-TO's original body, so he has transferred before.)

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.04.2012 , 10:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
GO TO is a droid and not effected by force mind tricks like organics are. He can also take over droids, electronics and ships. If he was in our world he would be that evil thing in the internet.
True, but it isn't a simple mind trick that Plagueis did. He created a clever ruse. Hiding behind the name Hego Damask, Plagueis operated around the galaxy without the Jedi knowing. G0-T0 doesn't have Jedi senses so he doesn't know Plagueis is Hego.

But this leads me to ask a question to Beni. Does G0-T0 know Plagueis is Hego Damask?

Edit: The reason I ask is because if G0-T0 knows Plagueis is Hego, then he has a pretty good advantage. He'd be a step ahead of the game, while Plagueis tries to figure out how to fing G0-T0 (easier than you think).
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.04.2012 , 12:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
But this leads me to ask a question to Beni. Does G0-T0 know Plagueis is Hego Damask?

Edit: The reason I ask is because if G0-T0 knows Plagueis is Hego, then he has a pretty good advantage. He'd be a step ahead of the game, while Plagueis tries to figure out how to fing G0-T0 (easier than you think).
The combatants both know the identity of their opponent. But seeing as G0-T0's opponent is 'Darth Plagueis' and not 'Hego Damask' then G0-T0 will not be aware of his opponents alter ego unless he sees his face. Plagueis is aware however that G0-T0 is a droid.

Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid

IG-88A was able to completely and totally download its entire personality and memory into three other copies of itself. GO-TO could potencially do the same, not only escaping, but making more of himself as partners and then decoys. His ship was filled with droids of the same type as him, so obviously he has other bodies he could transfer into.

IG-88A actually downloaded his entire personality/memories into the Death Star, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for GO-TO to transfer his data to another body nearby. It seems completely possible to say that GO-TO can either make clones of himself, or transfer (rather quickly it seems) to another body.

EDIT: If our iPhones can "bump" and share photos and information, imagine what could be done in a galaxy with Star Wars tech. (Oh, and as a side note, that isn't GO-TO's original body, so he has transferred before.)
Well, IG-88 is an assassin droid whereas G0-T0 is an infrastructure planning droid. They are entirely different. From what I understand IG-88 had a shared personality across 4 droids. G0-T0 could not achieve this, not only is his personality more profound but he is far more complex. Firstly if he were to make a copy of himself, an active one, it would be bound like G0-T0 was/is to its programming. G0-T0 only partially overrode his programming, he is still bound by his primary law. So who's to say the copy turns out the same? Will they think the same? What if it retains both laws and suddenly becomes oppossed to G0-T0? Or if not attempts to rebuild the Republic as well? We'd have two G0-T0 masquerading around the galaxy. But lets say their minds, like IG-88 are connected and basically 'one'. What happens when one is destroyed? I doubt the other is going to continue as normal, more likely malfunction etc. (lol this is kinda like the Emperor is his Voice...) Basically G0-T0 would not risk such a complex operation which could easily backfire in many ways.

Oh and those other spheres on the ship weren't like G0-T0 they were sentry droids. However, G0-T0 assumedly could control them and therefore operate through them. In this way G0-T0 could use them as a decoy is Plagueis managed to find the Visionary, while he hides/escapes. Plagueis would not know who the real G0-T0 was and would therefore be able to evade him easily.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.04.2012 , 01:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The combatants both know the identity of their opponent. But seeing as G0-T0's opponent is 'Darth Plagueis' and not 'Hego Damask' then G0-T0 will not be aware of his opponents alter ego unless he sees his face. Plagueis is aware however that G0-T0 is a droid.
Then this will be interesting. This will allow Plagueis to operate in plain sight without G0-T0 being the wiser. Plagueis can easily find G0-T0's yacht. All he has to do is capture some exchange thugs that have access to the yacht (this is the hard part) and torture them for information. Once he finds a thug with the proper information, he lures G0-T0 into a trap. He uses a decoy vessel to distract the yacht while an armed vessel (possibly pirate) destroys the ship. Unless G0-T0 can transmit himself to a droid that's not on the ship, it's game over.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Then this will be interesting. This will allow Plagueis to operate in plain sight without G0-T0 being the wiser. Plagueis can easily find G0-T0's yacht. All he has to do is capture some exchange thugs that have access to the yacht (this is the hard part) and torture them for information. Once he finds a thug with the proper information, he lures G0-T0 into a trap. He uses a decoy vessel to distract the yacht while an armed vessel (possibly pirate) destroys the ship. Unless G0-T0 can transmit himself to a droid that's not on the ship, it's game over.
Don't forget the ship is cloaked, and its crew consisted solely of droids... so I doubt a couple of exchange thugs will be of much use. But yes, he could use his connections to discover its location. But then again, won't G0-T0 take extra care to hide it?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.04.2012 , 01:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Don't forget the ship is cloaked, and its crew consisted solely of droids... so I doubt a couple of exchange thugs will be of much use. But yes, he could use his connections to discover its location. But then again, won't G0-T0 take extra care to hide it?
Very true, but look at KOTOR 2. There are plenty of ways to find the ship. And it decloaks when it picks up new ships. All Plagueis has to do is wait for it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Rabbarabba's Avatar


Rabbarabba
12.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #30
Everyone saying you can't sense droids through the force... wouldn't it be similar to how young jedi train with probes?