Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jusoon
12.03.2012 , 11:30 AM | #961
I was getting this problem for days, finally got in touch with a higher tier billing agent and he basically said "do you have a middle initial on your CC"? which I did, so he added that to my billing info on the site and its working fine now.

My advice, refresh your payment info. Make sure all the information is EXACTLY the same, down to a middle initial.

Best of luck

SamNCFC
12.03.2012 , 01:24 PM | #962
I've had this error since two days after Cartel Coins came out. I've re-added my debit card and all my information making sure it's accurate right down to the damn capital letters and tried to pay via PayPal but still the same error. Can someone point me in the direction of the contact information I need to speak to someone who can sort this out?

Khevar
12.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #963
Quote: Originally Posted by SamNCFC View Post
I've had this error since two days after Cartel Coins came out. I've re-added my debit card and all my information making sure it's accurate right down to the damn capital letters and tried to pay via PayPal but still the same error. Can someone point me in the direction of the contact information I need to speak to someone who can sort this out?
Here's the number and my experience with it. I would recommend deleting your payment information before the call. The object of the call is "Get the billing & accounts rep to add the cc data for you" which should sort out the problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I just called the US number 1-855-467-9867, got routed to the Billing & Accounts dept (was approx 45 minutes wait time)

1. He saw that my credit card was listed as "disabled"
2. He deleted it.
3. Asked me to re-add it through the website, no dice.
4. Asked me to re-add it as Visa Delta through the website, no dice.
5. He then added it himself on their end.

Bingo. It worked, and everything is fine now.

Mara_Zyras
12.03.2012 , 03:45 PM | #964
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I just called the US number 1-855-467-9867, got routed to the Billing & Accounts dept (was approx 45 minutes wait time)

1. He saw that my credit card was listed as "disabled"
2. He deleted it.
3. Asked me to re-add it through the website, no dice.
4. Asked me to re-add it as Visa Delta through the website, no dice.
5. He then added it himself on their end.

Bingo. It worked, and everything is fine now..
See Bioware ^^^^ just delete and re add everyones details that are disabled! simples

nazzeth
12.03.2012 , 06:51 PM | #965
Quote: Originally Posted by Mara_Zyras View Post
See Bioware ^^^^ just delete and re add everyones details that are disabled! simples
Again, they can't do that. You need to call and have them add your details.

There are all sorts of privacy laws that prevent them doing this, not to mention that the issue isn't affecting everyone. So doing the fix for everyone would be a waste of resources.

Stansman
12.03.2012 , 08:31 PM | #966
Quote: Originally Posted by nazzeth View Post

There are all sorts of privacy laws that prevent them doing this, not to mention that the issue isn't affecting everyone. So doing the fix for everyone would be a waste of resources.
Its still annoying that theres still no official announcement that we MUST call them to fix it.. if its that simple why are they being so quiet about it?

firestarter
12.03.2012 , 11:28 PM | #967
Quote: Originally Posted by nazzeth View Post

Then they better make an official thread for everyone to post who got this problem.
Then they contact us via mail and we give them our skype number and the time when WE can be called.
And then THEY call US. And NOT the other way round.
It is a shame and a disgrace that I have to call them and wait for a few hours till one of them maybe answers the freakin phone. This is NO customer service, this is bullcrap.
They want my money. They have to call me or fix their damn website

Stansman
12.04.2012 , 01:16 AM | #968
Quote: Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
Then they better make an official thread for everyone to post who got this problem.
Then they contact us via mail and we give them our skype number and the time when WE can be called.
And then THEY call US. And NOT the other way round.
It is a shame and a disgrace that I have to call them and wait for a few hours till one of them maybe answers the freakin phone. This is NO customer service, this is bullcrap.
They want my money. They have to call me or fix their damn website
I agree totally.. just because not everybody is affected by this problem doesnt mean we have to be doing Customer Services job for them.

Ragglemuffin
12.04.2012 , 01:34 AM | #969
Guys, I had the same problem. I did make a seperate thread about it but I will paste what I put into here:

Hi all,

Well i have just finished my conversation with the Customer Service Rep in the Account and Billing department (after a 90min holding time), and the following happened:

Told him i was having failed transactions for cartel coins and that none of my payment methods worked (visa credit, vis debit and paypal).

First of all, he looked into the payment history to see that there was a record of failed attempts, to confirm that the cards were ok i asked him to process coins through both my visa credit and visa debit cards. These went through, confirming that my cards were ok.

I then asked him what the issue was and he said:

We have noticed a trend occuring with this problem. Against the accounts we think there is a cooldown period of 24hrs after purchasing 5-6 lots of coins. If you are to purchase any more once the cooldown period has been implemented, your account is blocked due to the account automated security assuming that someone else has hacked your account details and is purchasing against your will (which is quite a nice anti-fraud device, although it is annoying getting it removed.)

It was recommended to only make up to 4 purchases per day. To remove the block you have to phone up customer services for an action to be placed on your account. This action is then dealt with by a different team.

Well i hope that this has cleared up the issues for those who have the purchasing errors.

Good luck all.

I hope this has at least put the majority of you to rest

Zeebog
12.04.2012 , 01:34 AM | #970
It appears as if they've tripped over their own pocketbooks. My guess at this problem is the number of trash items people overloaded on in the cartel market which are unable to be sold to vendors to make space. Too many real world gangsters spending real world credits. I'll guess that the whole economy is at stake because of FTP. Why else would they lock people out from giving them money?