Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

will revan and satele shan ever meet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
will revan and satele shan ever meet?

RazielHex
08.27.2012 , 02:58 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
The one in TOR is canon and it is a he, while the Exile is a she.
The Exile *was* a she, I guess.

Tuscad
08.27.2012 , 02:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Quething View Post
Yes, and the sky is blue, space is big, cats are evil and PvP is imbalanced. Once again, why do you people feel so compelled to endlessly repeat irrelevant things that everyone here is already aware of and which have nothing to do with the subject at hand?
I apologize I thought you didn't know that and was just trying to be helpful by pointing that out so the Revanites didn't try to rip you a new one.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Quething
08.27.2012 , 05:04 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I apologize I thought you didn't know that and was just trying to be helpful by pointing that out so the Revanites didn't try to rip you a new one.
I admit I'm being a bit willfully disingenuous. My point is basically that invalidating player choice by making choices about what "canon" gender or personality or appearance or motivations Revan has was a disservice to the fanbase and a betrayal of one of the basic principles of BioWare gaming (well, BioWare gaming prior to circa ME2), and something like "the official meeting between Revan and Satele!" would make it worse, by putting that much more content and "canon" around Revan that has to be ignored by those of us who reject BioWare's screwing with our PC.

To me, if the new lead writer says "no, I'm not going to do more Revan stuff," that would be a good sign; it would mean that he has a respect for the BioWare ideal of "the player decides who the PC will be," and that would mean that when more story content is made that centers on our SWTOR characters, it's more likely we'll have a lot of choice and freedom in defining how they react to the new events they're now a part of.

RazielHex
08.27.2012 , 06:20 PM | #34
I admit I'm being a bit willfully disingenuous. My point is basically that invalidating player choice by making choices about what "canon" gender or personality or appearance or motivations Revan has was a disservice to the fanbase and a betrayal of one of the basic principles of BioWare gaming (well, BioWare gaming prior to circa ME2), and something like "the official meeting between Revan and Satele!" would make it worse, by putting that much more content and "canon" around Revan that has to be ignored by those of us who reject BioWare's screwing with our PC.
Big deal? Get over it.

Revan was male. He was human. He turned insane. He became bent on genocide, justifying the slaughter of billions for nothing more than vengeance.

Newyankalt
08.27.2012 , 06:25 PM | #35
Yes, and the sky is blue, space is big, cats are evil and PvP is imbalanced. Once again, why do you people feel so compelled to endlessly repeat irrelevant things that everyone here is already aware of and which have nothing to do with the subject at hand?
Perhaps if you didn't say such a stupid thing that revan was female no one would haft to correct you.

Tuscad
08.27.2012 , 06:50 PM | #36

To me, if the new lead writer says "no, I'm not going to do more Revan stuff," that would be a good sign; it would mean that he has a respect for the BioWare ideal of "the player decides who the PC will be," and that would mean that when more story content is made that centers on our SWTOR characters, it's more likely we'll have a lot of choice and freedom in defining how they react to the new events they're now a part of.
I agree that it was a complete disservice to make a canon Revan and a canon Exile. LucasArts should have just left that all alone. I am dreading the day that they decide to make canon decisions for our characters in this game (It'll happen over time), in fact wookieepedia already assumes that all Imperial characters are darkside and all Republic characters are lightside. What's done is done though, we might as well try to make the best of it and hope that something else like this doesn't happen in the future.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

TheBetty
08.27.2012 , 07:36 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
While Malgus fell down a big hole without any special flash-bangery, he seems quite dead... Revan and, well, the end boss of the Knight storyline both do the same trick.

As for the "body or it didn't happen" crowd...try running False Emperor on normal mode in Rakata Gear.
Happy now? ;D
I was waiting for someone to bring that up lol

I for one hope Malgus comes back.

Spoiler

as for Revan.
Not having him come back would be a massive mistake in regards to story content.

Spoiler

That's my take on it anyway lol
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Calax
08.27.2012 , 11:03 PM | #38
I just am sad at the fact that if you don't use mods... you can't play the "canon" exile (female exile, with Handmaiden as a party member.

Quething
08.28.2012 , 06:26 PM | #39
Oh my, there's a couple of real intellectual luminaries in this thread. I'd offer to type slower next time but somehow I don't think that would help.

Quote: Originally Posted by Calax View Post
I just am sad at the fact that if you don't use mods... you can't play the "canon" exile (female exile, with Handmaiden as a party member.
What's even sadder is that that mod doesn't play nice with the all-important Restoration Project. I ended up just swapping the gender bit in the savegame editor before I left Telos; it's a little less fluid but it's worth it to get Handmaiden instead of Disciple and still have access to the TSLRP stuff.

dacentabaal
12.03.2012 , 11:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Oooh, I remember him dying in the Foundry.

So until Bioware decides to bring him back, he's as dead as Darth Malgus.
Read into the lore.. neither Revan nor Malgus are dead.. Revan uses a force ability called "Fold Space" that more or less teleports him in a flash of light.. and Malgus.. well not all of his lore is complete either, but he does survive and goes on to writing teachings which in a few thousand years Darth Sidious gives to Vader to study...but still the point being.. neither are dead.. offiicially
Tamworth - England (I don't like or drink Tea)
The Progenitor RP English Server
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8