Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

will CE ever get exclusive things .?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
will CE ever get exclusive things .?

Igax's Avatar


Igax
12.03.2012 , 09:59 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Define "regular".

Does your definition match Biowares?

Show me the contract language please that reconciles your definition with theirs.

Bioware "regular" could very well be less often then "soon" for all we know.

See where I am going with this?
Call it what you like they have not met the expectations of many CE owners. Does it surprise me? not really BW has dropped the ball on a great many things and the CE vendor is very low on my list, but it is STILL another let down.

I am also aware with the cash shoip being brought in the CE vendor will likely be dropped completely. I suppose one could argue they did update it when they took one speeder off and added another.... Still not meeting the general feel of "regular" though

For the record, "regular" is way quicker than "soon" in dev speak!
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
12.03.2012 , 10:03 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Call it what you like they have not met the expectations of many CE owners. Does it surprise me? not really BW has dropped the ball on a great many things and the CE vendor is very low on my list...
A GREAT MANY THINGS?

List only 25 of your GREAT MANY THINGS:
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
12.03.2012 , 10:07 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
For the record, "regular" is way quicker than "soon" in dev speak!
I'm not so sure about that.... given the evidence with the CE vendor... I think you are wrong on that one.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Igax's Avatar


Igax
12.03.2012 , 10:09 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
A GREAT MANY THINGS?

List only 25 of your GREAT MANY THINGS:
Why? you will only turn a blind eye to them again, so why bother? You are happy with things... that is nice. Now go play.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'm not so sure about that.... given the evidence with the CE vendor... I think you are wrong on that one.
On that note you could be correct.... did not look it at that way. Would have to go back and track BWs history with the "Soon" term.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

arunav's Avatar


arunav
12.03.2012 , 10:11 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
And we saw. We did. We saw "a dynamic assortment of items" (and the assortment is not dynamic in any way...).

The only hate they can generate is from CE owners - we did not get what we paid for. Vendor was advertised to have updates. Period.

When you're buying something and the said contents of the packaging are missing then you usually go and ask for a refund...
Based on your signature, you can buy anything introduced into the game on the GTN, much of which will be from the cartel shop.

I think CE owners need to realize the game obviously did not live up to expectations, and EA drastically cut resources for SWTOR. The miniscule portion of the player base that purchased the CE that are still subscribed simply don't matter enough to devote resources to.

If you feel ripped off, don't support EA products, including SWTOR.

Personally, I think you got what you paid for in the box, which was then made available for $20 or sometimes less over the summer. That should clearly indicate to you what to expect going forward.

Igax's Avatar


Igax
12.03.2012 , 10:18 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
I think CE owners need to realize the game obviously did not live up to expectations, and EA drastically cut resources for SWTOR. The miniscule portion of the player base that purchased the CE that are still subscribed simply don't matter enough to devote resources to.
That is it in a nutshell. Hell I only ever chimed in on this thread because someone was blabbing how CE feel they are entitled to blah blah blah. My point was only ever most of us do not feel entitled to jack for free. The CE Vendor was promoted as something that has not (up to this date) turned out to be. It would cost nothing (other than a few heated threads) to announce "sorry we do not have the time/man power/ Money to support that promise now, so we are deleting it". but it seems according to someone they have claimed to plan on making an announcement in Jan.... that is better than Soon™ I suppose.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
12.03.2012 , 10:26 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Why? you will only turn a blind eye to them again, so why bother? .
Lol, thought so.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

lazze's Avatar


lazze
12.03.2012 , 10:39 PM | #68
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

how bout you go on there scroll down to were it says Collector’s Edition and have a read, that`s for all you hater`s that are hating on CE asking for what they was promised...

Darth_Urtani's Avatar


Darth_Urtani
12.03.2012 , 11:11 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.

Oh look, an angry, jealous, normie. What's new?
CE VIP

Darth_Urtani's Avatar


Darth_Urtani
12.03.2012 , 11:17 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by lazze View Post
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

how bout you go on there scroll down to were it says Collector’s Edition and have a read, that`s for all you hater`s that are hating on CE asking for what they was promised...
Fanboys will never listen to logic, even if you have things to back up your arguments.
CE VIP