Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Ranged" classes

Erikku
12.03.2012 , 08:01 PM | #1
OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

What I'm saying here is, what the hell happened to the FORCE? I mean the "other" star wars games all seemed to respect the power of a jedi. HELLO, LIGHTSABERS-THAT-CUT-THROUGH-ANYTHING??? What happened to that?

So, I think it's pretty clear I'm dissatisfied with jedi development in this game. To me, it's exactly the same as playing HALO with the melee sword. That's exactly what it is; except I don't get to pick up a weapon.

The story and lore are great...Thumbs up there. But Jedi are not really Jedi. just cannon fodder with glow sticks.

Invictusthetaru
12.03.2012 , 08:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Erikku View Post
OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

What I'm saying here is, what the hell happened to the FORCE? I mean the "other" star wars games all seemed to respect the power of a jedi. HELLO, LIGHTSABERS-THAT-CUT-THROUGH-ANYTHING??? What happened to that?

So, I think it's pretty clear I'm dissatisfied with jedi development in this game. To me, it's exactly the same as playing HALO with the melee sword. That's exactly what it is; except I don't get to pick up a weapon.

The story and lore are great...Thumbs up there. But Jedi are not really Jedi. just cannon fodder with glow sticks.
You must not be level 50.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Campaigner
12.03.2012 , 08:05 PM | #3
Come back after you've played KOTOR.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
do you even play this game?

Erikku
12.03.2012 , 08:12 PM | #5
I'm not at level 50, I'm only level 26. But this frequent pattern of update gear, update gear, etc.... is old and boring. I want real skills INHERENT to the class that I play.

Relying on "the gear change" everytime I level is lame. The force should get incrementally better with each level. My "gear" should have very little to do with it.

Robe, lightsaber, I'm good because I have the almighty force. But that's not how it is... So I flag this as a bit of a detriment.

Erikku
12.03.2012 , 08:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
do you even play this game?
Funny guy.

Technohic
12.03.2012 , 08:15 PM | #7
OMG.

You are half way leveled and you already know the game so well.

Invictusthetaru
12.03.2012 , 08:18 PM | #8
Dude Warriors struggle to stay on target in this game until they get most of their abilities.

If you are a jugg / guardian then you have force push and you are already half way there, as that resets the CD on leap if you are getting kited.

If you are a sentinel / mara hang in there, you are about to get force cloak.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Erikku
12.03.2012 , 08:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
OMG.

You are half way leveled and you already know the game so well.
Please, man it's all the *********** same. New "moves" new "gear". I got it. What I'm saying is much deeper than that. it has to do with being able to manipulate the physical world through the force. A jedi's skill should depend on how well he uses the force.

I'll say it again. Give me a lightsaber, robe, and the force. Then I'll be convinced I'm playing a Jedi.

Blasphemerr
12.03.2012 , 08:25 PM | #10
Meh. As a fully min/maxed carnage marauder I don't have much issues with range classes. I actually have more trouble on my warhero sniper with melee than I do with ranged on my melee.

This game heavily favors melee, especially at max level. If you're having problems with range classes you're either low level or are very inadequate at moving your character proficiently. Don't worry there are other people like you that exist and they usually play healers/tanks. Try that.
Something pretentious.