Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
12.03.2012 , 07:10 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post
No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".
Indeed. Well stated.

Rincewend
12.03.2012 , 07:14 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Indeed. Well stated.
Agreed

Graydon
12.03.2012 , 07:18 PM | #103
No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".

Bingo

Eanelinea
12.03.2012 , 07:24 PM | #104
Well, if people hadn't complained over stuff that wasn't in this game like that other game, actually stuck with it, like I did, and went slowly to, oh I don't know, actually ENJOY it and not complain about stupid crap (except the bugs of course), maybe they wouldn't have lost their enthusiasm. I know if I constantly had people complaining at me, I wouldn't care if they told me they needed a new kidney suddenly. I'd go 'meh' and let them croak.
60 Juggernaut, 60 Sniper, 60 Shadow, 60 Powertech, 60 Guardian, 60 Gunslinger, 60 Vanguard, 60 Assassin, and 14 55s on Shadowlands

Urael
12.03.2012 , 07:34 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
Well, if people hadn't complained over stuff that wasn't in this game like that other game, actually stuck with it, like I did, and went slowly to, oh I don't know, actually ENJOY it and not complain about stupid crap (except the bugs of course), maybe they wouldn't have lost their enthusiasm. I know if I constantly had people complaining at me, I wouldn't care if they told me they needed a new kidney suddenly. I'd go 'meh' and let them croak.
Hyperbole. The "quality" (or in this case lack there of) warrents the complaints. SWTOR is one of the BEST single player RPGs on the market today ( which is BWs strength ) as an MMORPG not so much ... it still lacks AAA features. I will be surprised if it see's a second year that is not a mere "maintenance mode" much the same fate as WAR.

Peregrine_Falcon
12.03.2012 , 07:39 PM | #106
I agree completely.

However, those guys who had passion for the game are the ones responsible for SWTOR losing over 1 million subscribers during the first 6 months after launch because they refused to listen to people who tried to tell them what was wrong with their faux MMO.

At least the current dev team seems to understand that they need to listen to the subscribers and give them what they want. It's just unfortunate that their current rate of updates makes it appear that they've been cut down to a skeleton crew who'll be unable to put out content updates in a reasonable time frame.

Like you I'm still enjoying the game, but it lacks sandbox content and replayability. So in a few months, once I've gotten a few more characters to 50 and seen all the stories, I'll allow my sub to expire and I probably won't come back. Basically what the majority did 9 months ago. It just took me a little longer to get there.

As for the people complaining about the free fireworks... well, that's just typical of the 'ME' generation. Those people feel the world owes them something just cause they were born. Eventually they'll grow up and then they'll be in for a heck of a surprise.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

xorcist
12.03.2012 , 07:40 PM | #107
Nice!

I'll light them when it gets dark out.

...oh wait.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Urael
12.03.2012 , 07:42 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Nice!

I'll light them when it gets dark out.

...oh wait.
I see what you did there.

Nice.

urban-Jedi
12.03.2012 , 07:49 PM | #109
this looks realy fun

GavinPatterson
12.03.2012 , 07:50 PM | #110
Thank you! For our first year anniversary I decided that i would not only spend money for a six month subscription, but play you! Such a thoughtful gift ....fireworks....its the thought that counts right? well maybe I'll just let my sub run out and play you for free? after all your CLEARLY putting in endless effort into our relationship.
Maybe just to blow some steam, I'll do and cheat on you with sto.....which as I have always maintained is only a shiny cheap FB app..... but at least with it's hundred day veteran rewards I feel somewhat more loved...than with you...
You better have something else - I love the fact that your whole "year" of ready content is an utter crap....well in the near future I just might leave....or in the coming weeks i'll give you a few more details about how or if I'll pay for my subscription.
Jedi Master and Consular