Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nozybidaj
12.03.2012 , 06:21 PM | #3591
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Sorry, a little hyped over chocolate and tiredness. Just wanted to grab the rocks and run with them.

It doesn't feel like Hall Hood is trying to make any friends, though. It's almost as if he's totally ignorant of the utter uselessness of the Story and Lore board or he just doesn't give a sh*t about us in here. Now, neither of those may be at all relevant to Hall Hood's actual position, but he brushed off the fact that Slaign wants to voice concerns to him directly. He didn't even acknowledge that that was part of the question.
MMM chocolate. Honestly, he said exactly what I would have expected him to say and what he should have said. HE can't really open himself up for that kind of attention on Twitter no less. The fact that the forums are useless for us on this issue isn't his fault and he likely isn't even aware of how useless it is.

Slaign
12.03.2012 , 06:22 PM | #3592
Tatile, I'm watching the tweets to Hall Hood on twitter and I see you quoting Nat's quote as if it were an actual BioWare quote. Unless I'm misreading, I think Nat is just saying that's what she HOPES will be said. I don't think that's an actual BioWare quote.

natashina
12.03.2012 , 06:28 PM | #3593
My last Tweet earlier:

Quote:
@hallhood No one on ToR reads our forums sadly. I didn't mean to shoot the messenger, but we're serious about the letters to the press.
Of course, I had a really sad chuckle when I read this Tweet from him:

Quote:
Because I believe we'll only get better games when our industry becomes more inclusive, and I want to help.
I know it's not his fault, but a lot of this has come off as very insulting.

And yeah, that fake quote was just me expressing what I'd like to see from EAware.

Baptes
12.03.2012 , 06:42 PM | #3594
Oh and on the contact Massively thing. Read the comments on the Hall Hood "interview" on Massively. There are tons of "why no SGRAs?" and "why didn't Larry ask about SGRAs".

Larry (aka Shaddoe) replied:
Quote:
I am interested in same-gender romance arcs, but I'm more interested in a continuation of the story personal story, in general. And since we've not seen -any- continuation of personal story since the game launched, I figured I'd ask a question about that instead of getting the same "We're working on it answer."

Hall took time out of his schedule to answer these questions; I appreciate his doing that. I don't want to waste his time asking questions he can't answer or expound upon.

The simple answer is they have said that there are SGRAs coming in the future, and it could be on Makeb. Plus, I think it would be better to be surprised, don't you? I don't usually finish stories to which I already know the ending.
and:
Quote:
When Stephen Reid was CM, he stated that they were currently writing L/G content. We have not seen ay newly written content since that statement was made. (Everything we've seen up to this point was plotted, if not fully written, prior to launch.) And understandably, BioWare does not confront issues which have been addressed multiple times.

I believe you are trying to see a conspiracy where there is none.

On a personal note, I'm looking forward to SGRAs because I would like to my character to be able to play out the story closer to how I envisioned it. And I promise to let Massively readers know as soon as I have any information regarding further information on the subject
So not sure contacting him will do much good, considering how utter silence and different treatment equates to us being conspiracy theorists.

And considering how SGRA people get treated by the trolls during The Republic show (nothing done to the rude nasty filthy mouthed ones at all, not even a time out a twitch chat thing that prevents them from posting in chat for a little while), Gamebreaker may not lend a sympathetic ear either.

That why I quit watching that show, no chat moderation at all...unless it is someone being rude to a host. That will not stand!

natashina
12.03.2012 , 06:51 PM | #3595
Meh, no harm in trying. At least we know that group thinks that 9 months of silence from no current employee is okay.

Lovely world we live in, isn't it?

Oh well, there still is a lot of emails floating around now.

Slaign
12.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #3596
My personal interpretation of the situation is not that far from Larry's, I don't think it's an unreasonable position. I really think there is something to be said for the fact that we haven't seen any story content of significant size that wasn't in development before SGRAs.

Still, I think when so many people want a simple answer, it's a shame that he didn't at least include the question. Whether or not the development time on the content itself is reasonable, I don't find the absolute silence on the issue reasonable. It's a simple matter to just give a no nonsense confirmation that SGRAs are in development.

Samy_Merchi
12.03.2012 , 06:58 PM | #3597
I'm inclined to agree with Slaign. While I am angry about the total stonewalling silence, I do think that it is still possible that they are still working on same sex. Bioware has story guys on the payroll, and the patches have barely included any story stuff for a year now. What have they been working on? Surely there must be something on the way. I just don't understand why they try to completely silence the issue.

Baptes
12.03.2012 , 06:58 PM | #3598
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Meh, no harm in trying. At least we know that group thinks that 9 months of silence from no current employee is okay.

Lovely world we live in, isn't it?

Oh well, there still is a lot of emails floating around now.
Yes many emails hopefully makes for fires lit under posteriors!

natashina
12.03.2012 , 07:05 PM | #3599
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I'm inclined to agree with Slaign. While I am angry about the total stonewalling silence, I do think that it is still possible that they are still working on same sex. Bioware has story guys on the payroll, and the patches have barely included any story stuff for a year now. What have they been working on? Surely there must be something on the way. I just don't understand why they try to completely silence the issue.
That's my sticking point. If they would only have the courage to say, "Yep, it's coming with Makeb. No ETA on Makeb," then I'd be more than happy. They've talked so much about upcoming content that this omission is very glaring.

The whole, "They are afraid of the backlash," idea is gotten utterly and completely stupid. Not the people that say that (no insults meant to the people in the thread!) but EAware's silence seems to be based on that idea.

I don't want spoilers, at this point I don't even care who it is. I just wish they would say something, not ignore the issue or laugh at us.

And yes, I feel like we are being laughed at.

Time for another pain pill. It's been over 24 hours and mouth pain makes me rather grumpy.

Keep emailing folks! We'll get the word out to whomever gives a damn.

I'm going to retreat for a bit. I'm way too angry right now to remain reasonable and infraction free.

Got the PM, btw. All I'll say to that is ***BIG HUGS*** for Tatile and Amnie.

fabiyun
12.03.2012 , 07:07 PM | #3600
Quote:
The simple answer is they have said that there are SGRAs coming in the future, and it could be on Makeb. Plus, I think it would be better to be surprised, don't you? I don't usually finish stories to which I already know the ending.
I think this is an interesting part. For me the thing also is that, okay I expect that they're not rewriting the existing companions, but I've no way to be sure of that either. And really, is it so much to ask to get a normal play through like everyone else? If we have to reroll a class just to have the SGR, all the other story is basically spoiled. And that comes down to "finishing stories to which I already know the ending". Or you sit your toon down in a rest area and do nothing.

And I don't agree with his opinions at all. I think it's very unreasonable for them to expect us to wait in silence. Moreover I've said this before, they can answer pretty much every other question of things that come in the future, or as it turns out now, in the long future. And sure they don't do that every month. But it has happened more than once a year, and that's where we're at. (I'm not sure what to think about the Guild Summit "this year" remark, and even if that could be considered official word, that's 9 months ago)

And then there is the matter that I simply don't agree with folks who say this is a simple feature that should just queue up behind the guild ships, the legacy banks, the hood toggles, the never ending unsatisfactory pvp endgame, etc etc. This is a matter of inclusiveness that even BW treats like Human Rights when they can make a good show with it. But when it's inconvenient they dismiss. I find serious fault with BW Austin excluding us from the very beginning, even though they had ample opportunity to take notice on the old forums, they had so many chances over the years to be inclusive or straight out tell us that they were scared (coz honestly, the time and money thing is a large load of bull). They didn't do that.

I don't see why they cannot give us some straight answers. And I'm done hoping and making excuses for them. I want to know what's up, because I don't have faith in the integrity of this team, not when it comes to being inclusive, they cheated us.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"