Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soul_of_Flames
12.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #161
Please fix the use of proton torpedoes! They are currently extremely annoying to use.

Why do they share the same activation method as normal missiles? There are times when I DON'T want to fire a proton torpedo at a ship's shield generator and instead use my normal missiles... but that isn't possible because the two share the same controls. The weapon used is dependent on the target and I don't like that as it throws me off and I end up wasting time because I'm not prepared to sit still and lock on to my target.

Using proton torpedoes should be something you have to consciously switch to. Similar to how you can redirect power to your shields or blasters, you should be able to toggle between missiles and torpedoes with the press of a button.

Goretzu
12.02.2012 , 04:13 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Lateris View Post
Were going off the rails eventually and will have a proper Space game/. You will have to watch the recorded live stream from the devs to hear it. The devs stated it would be a while though. Can I guesstimate next fall of 2013?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8kyB5SLb8_I

They've never said the SSSP will be off the rails, it may well be, but at the moment we have no idea.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
12.02.2012 , 04:14 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post
Please fix the use of proton torpedoes! They are currently extremely annoying to use.
This.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tzarakiel View Post
I just want to be able to remap the keys. The current controls scheme doesn't suit me.
And this.

Would both improve the current on-the-rails missions a lot.

As would a score system.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Asavrede
12.02.2012 , 04:18 PM | #164
I kind of assumed heroic space missions would mean they required more players - just like all other heroics (are supposed to). Even if they are still on raids I think it would be fun to have multiplayer space missions.

I'm a little... underwhelmed that the difficulty was just increased. It's so more-of-the-same =/

jcurri
12.02.2012 , 05:27 PM | #165
Give me free flight PvP like JTL or I'm not interested.
The Jerreck Legacy:
Ayden Cracen Maxan Aylen
Mascen Slyphe Unlimited'Powah Smoakey

mrhathrack
12.03.2012 , 01:09 AM | #166
I hope they make 4 payer space missions. Taink would be the pilet; The Healler would be the tech- in fixing other payers that were damaged buy elctricle damage and sistem damage repair. And fielly 2 DPS as the gunners. interfaced with gunner chairs like the pilet. It would be like the first Star Wars movie.

12.03.2012 , 01:38 AM | #167
Anyone played 'Galaxy on Fire 2' ? Simple game, made for IPad and IPhone yet has much more depth and general coolness factor than the space missions in SWtoR.

Surely it can't be that hard to adapt the current space game to something more like GoF2?

Goretzu
12.03.2012 , 04:57 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Anyone played 'Galaxy on Fire 2' ? Simple game, made for IPad and IPhone yet has much more depth and general coolness factor than the space missions in SWtoR.

Surely it can't be that hard to adapt the current space game to something more like GoF2?
You can get that for the PC now too, graphics look pretty good.

TheIrage
12.03.2012 , 08:25 AM | #169
I have to agree with the majority of posters on this one.

Making harder versions of a game element that already has a short shelf-life will not make it more attractive on its own. You can as always attach black hole comms and will see more people doing them but... it becomes more a chore than something you enjoy. Please, let the future development of space missions be centered around free roaming/non rail type exploration/combat. Else, I think your resources are better spent in additional PvE and PvP content or, more importantly, game performance issues.

_tegrof
12.03.2012 , 06:28 PM | #170
While I enjoy the space missions from time to time and wouldn't mind a few more.....please for the love of all that is Jawa.........tell me they are not the same bloody maps only harder.

If this is the case, I will be, once again, sorely disappointed in the decisions made around this game.