Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baptes
12.03.2012 , 05:05 PM | #3571
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
A lot of us are in our 30s and 40s, actually. I'm 33.
I'm 33 as well.

Though maturity has little to do with age (just ask my exs' ).

Generally by the time you hit your 30s you've seen enough of the world to if not mature you sober you a bit.

And curse BW forums for not updating my "instant" notifications until 10 pages later. Wish that would stop happening.

Samy_Merchi
12.03.2012 , 05:13 PM | #3572
I tweeted @hallhood and included a hashtag #gayswtor in my tweet, maybe if we can trend that hashtag (or some other if people feel is more appropriate) that could help even a little. Or at least it'd help find all our posts under the same umbrella?

Baptes
12.03.2012 , 05:21 PM | #3573
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I think this is a very good analogy. We deserve some word, whether it's yes or no.

Yeah, same here. At least then I could play my characters. I'd hate the fact that they won't be able to have any romance (except with guys that squick me out), but at least I wouldn't be keeping them on hold waiting for the content.
Yes I have a Jugg sitting at Tatooine for no other reason that I have no idea if (or when to be optimistic) SGRAs are implemented, will it work the same way OGRAs work?

Spoiler

Point being, I should not have to completely gimp my class story because BW lacks the intestinal fortitude to come out and say yea or nay!

JUST TELL US ALREADY!!!!

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS FFS!!!

THEY AREN'T SPOILERS!!!!

natashina
12.03.2012 , 05:23 PM | #3574
First off, could someone PM me the gist of what I missed while taking a nap?

I hadn't thought about the hash tags. Shows how much I know.

Secondly, I sent off email to the advocate as well as to the PA Report. Here's to hoping.

Guys, we're making ourselves visible. No one is going to stand up for us, so time to do it ourselves.

And Tatile, we should set up a tally. Just a simple one to start, to see how many people have sent out letters.

It's nice to see the thread on fire again. Let's keep this going!

**hugs to you all**

Edit: For all the lovers and haters alike, I present to you proof that GLAAD has gotten involved before.

http://www.glaad.org/blog/star-wars-...ing-fan-outcry

They will most likely get involved again.

natashina
12.03.2012 , 05:35 PM | #3575
I'll slow down with the back to back posting after this, promise.

Here was my latest Tweet.

Quote:
@hallhood Don't tell us to go back to the forums. It's been almost 9 mos and no one has said anything outside your deleted tweet.
I despise Twitter, but maybe this is another avenue to get someone, anyone, to be brave enough to publicly discuss this.

Oh, I'm not using hash tags. I use my real first name on Twitter and the last thing I need is the harassment. I've been rather high profile in this thread as of late.

Tatile
12.03.2012 , 05:40 PM | #3576
@hallhood Hey Hall, would you like to join in our letter writing campaign? It's fun and it's about SWTOR stories! You'll enjoy it

natashina
12.03.2012 , 05:43 PM | #3577
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
@hallhood Hey Hall, would you like to join in our letter writing campaign? It's fun and it's about SWTOR stories! You'll enjoy it

You rock! It's certainly friendlier than my last few Tweets:

Quote:
@hallhood Why was so many SGR questions dodged on the Livestream? The forums are where we've been ignored. Tell your bosses we're fed up.

@hallhood The only time a mod has said something was the day you put up your deleted tweet. That was Sep 7th.

@hallhood I hope your bosses like bad press. This isn't against you, but let them know we're not going to put up with this anymore.
Between the silence, the trolls and my tooth, I'm not in a good place.

Go back to the Story and Lore forums? Seriously?

That was one of the more insulting things I've heard today and there has been a few of the usual trolls coming in.

Samy_Merchi
12.03.2012 , 05:46 PM | #3578
Oh, I'm not using hash tags. I use my real first name on Twitter and the last thing I need is the harassment.
Wow, good point. I didn't even think of that since I'm not gay so I'm not used to thinking about things from that perspective.

natashina
12.03.2012 , 05:49 PM | #3579
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
Wow, good point. I didn't even think of that since I'm not gay so I'm not used to thinking about things from that perspective.
It's not even so much because I'm bi, it's more because I've been a very active poster over the last few days. I've been encouraging people to write to the press over this and I haven't been very subtle.

The trolls have noticed too. I'm somewhat flattered that the single me out. It means I'm doing something right.

Their fear and hatred only motivates me that much more to continue doing this.

Heart of a Jedi, passions of a Sith.

I meant it.

Tatile
12.03.2012 , 05:51 PM | #3580
Between the silence, the trolls and my tooth, I'm not in a good place.

Go back to the Story and Lore forums? Seriously?

That was one of the more insulting things I've heard today and there has been a few of the usual trolls coming in.
"Go back to the Story and Lore forums" pretty much sounds like his polite version of "f*ck off! what's this 'story' sh*t? I'm drinking beer and going out on the lash!"

Well, I can be polite as well Very polite.

I work in retail. I wear fake joy like an armour. Bring it Bioware, let's settle this like reasonable adults.

Wait, Natashina, have the trolls been PM'ing you? I haven't reached that level of awesome-sauce yet. Teach me, oh wise one