Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

Nomerath
07.29.2012 , 10:47 PM | #171
I always backpeddle when I score in Huttball, sort of moon walking then start the dance, so the S key is frequently used on my keyboard.

burkepeters
12.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
Audaukin, one of the best Warlock's in the history of World of Warcraft, backpedaled during the 2012 BWC 3v3 arena competition. This is SWTOR but it makes no difference.

snine
12.03.2012 , 04:38 PM | #173
When you alternate hitting A and D really quickly, you accomplish nothing except indicating to me your having a seizure. ADADADADADADA......I see people do this all the time, but yet its not beneficial at all. Trying strafing around your opponent in a circle or something.

UberDuberSoldat
12.03.2012 , 04:51 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by snine View Post
When you alternate hitting A and D really quickly, you accomplish nothing except indicating to me your having a seizure. ADADADADADADA......I see people do this all the time, but yet its not beneficial at all. Trying strafing around your opponent in a circle or something.
I wouldn't say "useless". While circle strafing is usually more beneficial, doing ADADADADA can make it harder to see physical animation indicators for those people who have crappy computers. Rapidly sidestepping can blur animations that are usable on the move, or hide what aura/buff you might use, possibly delaying an opponents counter.

MidichIorian
12.03.2012 , 04:53 PM | #175
A high rating just means that your team isnt good enough to make everyone els quit.

Dovahbrah
12.03.2012 , 04:54 PM | #176
Are you all oblivious to the fact that this thread died 4 months ago?
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

filipesantana
12.03.2012 , 04:55 PM | #177
I'm going ahead a watch this video and use it to justify vengeance is competitive.

Also, no expecting much from a shadowcleave dk glad,my brother did it in his very first season (with no previous wow exp)..s5ofc but still...

Monterone
12.03.2012 , 08:48 PM | #178
There is nothing wrong with backpedaling if it's situational and done rarely.

Most of the time it is far better to turn around with your mouse, and if you're good at mouse turning takes a split second. However, there are times when I backpedal for a step or two, and I honestly don't care if anyone says anything about it -- my performance in warzones usually shows I'm not a total newb. And though you may see me backpedal if you really pay attention, it happens about 1% of the time.

For example, if you are trying to overload/knockback a few people, but you need only a meter or two of room -- you can turn 180, make a couple of steps, turn another 180 and hope they are still where they were when you wanted to overload... or you could backpedal a step or two and knock back everyone and save a split second doing so.

There are spots that are in very tight quarters and backpedaling can create less confusion. For example, fighting inside a bunker on Novare Coast. You can backpedal a step or two, or you can turn around 180, and in the process make your camera zoom all the way in since it's now hitting the inside wall. Your entire screen can now be covered in particle effects happening inside the bunker, and you are causing yourself harm by actually doing that. I prefer to backpedal a step or two and keep my camera point of view coming from outside of the bunker.

Backpedaling is in no way good, but good players will do whatever they need to do in order to win, and using the evil S key for a step or two saves time in certain situations.

In the end, learn to mouse turn, but pay no attention to an elitist rant that deals in absolutes. Do whatever makes you win.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Smashbrother
12.03.2012 , 09:11 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
I wouldn't say "useless". While circle strafing is usually more beneficial, doing ADADADADA can make it harder to see physical animation indicators for those people who have crappy computers. Rapidly sidestepping can blur animations that are usable on the move, or hide what aura/buff you might use, possibly delaying an opponents counter.
Well anyone good already has a computer that isn't so ****** ADADADADAD works on them.

AMKSED
12.03.2012 , 09:17 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
Oh look, a back-pedal bashing moron who thinks this is WoW.