Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

RankorSSGS
12.03.2012 , 04:19 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
For Wakajinn which do you recommend going up Madness or Deception first?
Don't use this spec for leveling, it doesn't come together until 50. Level as full Deception IMO.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

shabranigdo
12.03.2012 , 04:47 PM | #142
I have a question about the WJ build, is the 2 points in Fanaticism nesseary to maintain good force management or can you get away with 1 and then 2 in Claws of decay for more thrash damage?
Thanks

Xethis
12.03.2012 , 06:02 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by shabranigdo View Post
I have a question about the WJ build, is the 2 points in Fanaticism nesseary to maintain good force management or can you get away with 1 and then 2 in Claws of decay for more thrash damage?
Thanks
I really don't spam my DF, pretty much use it situational, cap stopping, opener (Dark Embrace buff) or some conveniently grouped up opponents. I like Claws of Decay for my play style.

EatenByDistance
12.03.2012 , 07:14 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by shabranigdo View Post
Thanks
Yes it is completely and utterly necessary to take 2 points in Fanaticism

Do not ever take points in Claws of Decay/Insulation/anything over it. If you're playing the spec correctly (more or less using Death Field on cooldown) you will run out of force very quickly without 2x Fanaticism. And if you find that you aren't running out of force you aren't playing it right.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Talon_Starfire
12.03.2012 , 08:20 PM | #145

How is this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZfZcMfRrMkrfz.2 for a full Madness spec?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Talon_Starfire
12.04.2012 , 01:36 PM | #146
How squishy is the Madness spec?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

EatenByDistance
12.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #147
take three deep breaths, stop posting and actually read the guide/google your simple questions.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Nuzzar
12.05.2012 , 12:37 PM | #148
fun build i gotta say - i wont pull the dmg i get in full madness yet, but my pocket healer loves my survivability

Only problem is: Now i have to re-mod my gear to max dps ... =/

JarenWelen
12.05.2012 , 08:06 PM | #149
Just thought I would chime in!

I've been playing this spec for about 4 weeks now I think, I started it a couple of days after the original post and levelled from 44-50 on my Shadow with it. I was previously full Infiltration and, although I loved it, was just feeling it was lacking something. One day I found myself reading the original post and just nodding along at each point, and before I knew it I was re-specced and hooked. Loved it in PvE, and in PvP the burst damage is fantastic. I'm not topping any scoreboards but just beaten my personal best when I came 3rd behind two Smashers. I can pull off those 1v1s when it matters so I know that I'm making the difference even without all that fluff damage from Madness or Rage.

Only issues I've really had have been against full Darkness/Kinetic Combat Shadow/Assasins or Darkness/Madness hybrids in full tank gear. Sometimes it's ok but there's a couple on my server who really know what they're doing there.

I did also have some problems with survivability at first so I figured I'd play around with a few things, my current build is a slight variation of the WJ spec:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfGbRzfbRbZf0cRM.2
Personally I just find that Insulation helps - once I'm fully geared I may re-evaluate but truth be told I've been having a blast with it. Everytime I think about giving the Darkness/Madness hybrid a go, I play a WZ in this spec and am reminded how great it is!

Thanks for the great guide!
Jaren Welen :: Vigilant || Ambassador Welen :: Infiltrator
Zekken :: Tactician || Jainie :: Seer || Vespe :: Scrapper
Jedge :: Sharpshooter || Zeckary :: Annihilator || Myn :: Madman

PeteyLo
12.06.2012 , 01:10 AM | #150
Thanks for this excellent information.

*** Your hybrid spec is the shizzle. Played it, and pretty much fell in love with it.

Death field is a nice utility- I no longer have to dive bomb a node. (deception since 1.1)