Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KurganNazzir
12.03.2012 , 03:33 PM | #51
What exactly does 'faction-specific' mean here? Is it going to be something completely stupid like Empire gets red plus whatever and Republic gets blue and green? Or is it going to be something cool like the fireworks light up the sky with your faction's emblem?
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Urael
12.03.2012 , 03:36 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
What exactly does 'faction-specific' mean here? Is it going to be something completely stupid like Empire gets red plus whatever and Republic gets blue and green? Or is it going to be something cool like the fireworks light up the sky with your faction's emblem?
You know ... Green vs. Purple

Grafon
12.03.2012 , 03:50 PM | #53
Okay, I'm not one to complain. I love this game, have played it since launch, and will continue to play it. The ganfarri was alright, the party jawa was pretty cool, even though I pvp I appreciated the 25 black hole comms. But for the 1 year anniversary you're giving us 25 fireworks? Thats gonna last the majority of players maybe 5 minutes. Would it be that hard to just give us a device that can launch them off every minute or so? Fireworks are great, but it just seems like bioware picked up this idea for SWTOR's birthday at walgreens on the way to the party.
Just returning to SW:TOR?
Follow my referral link for 7 free days of subscriber status!
http://www.swtor.com/r/6mwYwp

Urael
12.03.2012 , 03:51 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafon View Post
... but it just seems like bioware picked up this idea for SWTOR's birthday at walgreens on the way to the party.
Dollar Store.

LukeSaberRattler
12.03.2012 , 03:52 PM | #55
We will have to see there could still be something special for people that have been subbed since the beginning. At least I will keep my hopes up but even if there isn't I won't feel to bad about it I will have my fireworks to console me.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 58 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 56 Shadow
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

Urael
12.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
We will have to see there could still be something special for people that have been subbed since the beginning. At least I will keep my hopes up but even if there isn't I won't feel to bad about it I will have my fireworks to console me.
I think we deserve one of the following titles:

Fortitude

-or-

Fool

monkgryphon
12.03.2012 , 03:55 PM | #57
err... topic merged

Grafon
12.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Dollar Store.
really though! I love this game and think bioware has done a great job with it, but COME ON. NO WORLD EVENT?! REALLY?! NOT EVEN A LITTLE ONE?! Guess ill just go continue stockpiling my WZ comms on alts since theyre socializing pvp in 1.6
Just returning to SW:TOR?
Follow my referral link for 7 free days of subscriber status!
http://www.swtor.com/r/6mwYwp

KorbinArmand
12.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #59
Not to be completely ungrateful, but fireworks?

Sure glad you are celebrating the 1 year with those that are around for it, but really a limited supply fireworks that are here today gone tomorrow? Where is the replay, where is the sign like 'Founder' that says 'yea i was there'. Sure i can save the 25 to prove 25times then thats it...no more...

What I want to question to developers is...why not do something lasting, something we can share with others in future to show 'yes i was there'. Nothing too big, nothing for epeens just well hey, Firework display that has 1-10min CD. It fires off afew fireworks and then goes on Cooldown for short while. Nothing big but still got lasting power.
May the Fourth Be With You

TheHunterC
12.03.2012 , 04:02 PM | #60
you do have a point but at least we get SOMETHING.
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner