Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Caedus vs Yoda


Nataph's Avatar


Nataph
12.02.2012 , 07:21 AM | #31
Hey, just a reminder. Many say that Caedas gave Luke a run but remember, Luke wasnt trying to KILL Caedus. There is much difference in fight attitude when you are trying to apprehend someone and kill them. Caedus on the other hand, wanted to kill Luke really really really badly but was defeated by someone only trying to capture them.
Just like the fight between Obi and Jango. Obi wanted to capture him while Jango attempted to kill him.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

Nataph's Avatar


Nataph
12.02.2012 , 07:28 AM | #32
I would say Yoda. Caedus was arrogant and would soon succumb to stupidity in a long fight.
Dont get me wrong, the fight between Caedus and Luke was possibly the most entertaining and the best written fight i have ever read, but the Mara fight between Caedus showed that Caedus needed unexpected tricks (worthy to be called a Sith) while Yoda would simply use the force. What Caedus knows that Yoda does not though because of the fight between Mara was an unusual Jedi vs Sith fight of physicality. Jedi just didnt fight with barehands, bite, scratch, punch. Yoda was civilized in his fighting which in fact could be his downfall.

Not to mention, Yoda may have been strong in the force but he was the Grandmaster Jedi when the Jedi order collapsed and destroy by the Sith.

Still One vs One in a middle of a sale... Yoda. And definately Yoda if Yoda succumbed to the darkside.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.02.2012 , 07:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataph View Post
Hey, just a reminder. Many say that Caedas gave Luke a run but remember, Luke wasnt trying to KILL Caedus. There is much difference in fight attitude when you are trying to apprehend someone and kill them. Caedus on the other hand, wanted to kill Luke really really really badly but was defeated by someone only trying to capture them.
Just like the fight between Obi and Jango. Obi wanted to capture him while Jango attempted to kill him.
Caedus still managed to block all of Luke's attempts to disarm him, the same tricks he used to disarm Reborn Palpatine, Caedus actually had him on the all-out defensive four times, almost nobody manages that, he even managed to block Luke's attempts through the force to control him and temper his hate.

Nataph's Avatar


Nataph
12.02.2012 , 07:53 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Caedus still managed to block all of Luke's attempts to disarm him, the same tricks he used to disarm Reborn Palpatine, Caedus actually had him on the all-out defensive four times, almost nobody manages that, he even managed to block Luke's attempts through the force to control him and temper his hate.
bah.. I'll slap both of them right now :P
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

DarthRavenous's Avatar


DarthRavenous
12.02.2012 , 09:41 PM | #35
Yoda hands down would've won. Caedus was not at his full potenial, Yoda was dam close. Caedus around age 35-40 would've won but not in his late teens/early 20s.
CE VIP, because I can!

mothermoy's Avatar


mothermoy
12.02.2012 , 10:02 PM | #36
We are never going to know how strong Yoda actually was. He was probably THE posterchild for the light side of the force. I guarantee you there were things he knew and could do, that would blow everyone's mind, however he refused to do it, due to the fact that he was soooooo light side. Even in the movies, Duku and Palpatine himself, were only a match for yoda, they never beat him. The duel with Palpatine, imho yoda just gave up. If yoda completely cuts loose and goes 100 percent (which I don't think we have ever seen, i think at the most we have seen 60 percent of what yoda could really do) yoda would wipe the floor with any other force user out there.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.03.2012 , 03:05 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
We are never going to know how strong Yoda actually was. He was probably THE posterchild for the light side of the force. I guarantee you there were things he knew and could do, that would blow everyone's mind, however he refused to do it, due to the fact that he was soooooo light side. Even in the movies, Duku and Palpatine himself, were only a match for yoda, they never beat him. The duel with Palpatine, imho yoda just gave up. If yoda completely cuts loose and goes 100 percent (which I don't think we have ever seen, i think at the most we have seen 60 percent of what yoda could really do) yoda would wipe the floor with any other force user out there.
That's a decent argument, but there's some speculation involved here.

Why would Yoda only go 60% of his power against Sidious? That just doesn't make since. Yoda would have given it all in that fight.

mothermoy's Avatar


mothermoy
12.04.2012 , 03:00 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
That's a decent argument, but there's some speculation involved here.

Why would Yoda only go 60% of his power against Sidious? That just doesn't make since. Yoda would have given it all in that fight.
When you spend however many hundred years of something, just instinctually holding back, you just cant deprogram yourself to just flip a switch and change it. I guarantee you, if yoda could fully tap into his force knowledge, and beat sidious, but that meant him delving a teeeeensy bit into quasi=darkside, he would have never done it.

Inzuher's Avatar


Inzuher
12.04.2012 , 04:19 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Caedus, he is just that powerful.

Kyle Katarn wasn't even considered powerful enough to deal with Darth Caedus, only Luke himself was seen as his match.
^^this.

And I would also like to add that I was very disappointed with the way they killed off Darth Caedus. I mean all that backstory and all that talk of destiny and then he just die like that...

Quote: Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
When you spend however many hundred years of something, just instinctually holding back, you just cant deprogram yourself to just flip a switch and change it. I guarantee you, if yoda could fully tap into his force knowledge, and beat sidious, but that meant him delving a teeeeensy bit into quasi=darkside, he would have never done it.
Well I can tell you right now that all this speculation about Yoda not going 100 % is wrong. Why? Simple, in the Revenge of the Sith novel (not movie) one get to be inside Yoda's head while he fight Sidious, and when he realize that he can't beat him.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Vacarius's Avatar


Vacarius
12.04.2012 , 05:35 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post

Well I can tell you right now that all this speculation about Yoda not going 100 % is wrong. Why? Simple, in the Revenge of the Sith novel (not movie) one get to be inside Yoda's head while he fight Sidious, and when he realize that he can't beat him.
Agreed, but I don't think Yoda losing to Palpatine makes Caedus stronger than him. After all, since Palpatine is the most powerful sith of all time he must naturally be stronger than Caedus. Blocking a disarm doesn't change this, Luke would be incredibly irresponsible not to have taught this to his top jedi.

I also don't think Kyle Katarn being unable to defeat Caedus is of relevance. It would only be important if we knew how Yoda would do against Katarn. If Katarn beats Yoda (I don't think he would) then Caedus would beat him too (baring specific technique/knowledge advantages the other). If not, then we're back where we started.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council