Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
11.29.2012 , 05:33 AM | #131
How do I flag this for Sticky?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

VicturusTeSaluto's Avatar


VicturusTeSaluto
11.29.2012 , 05:21 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
Found your videos very nice to watch (didn't watch everything, but still quite a bit)

Got one question about your gear though.
Why do you use a few critical augments instead of swapping out a power for a crit mod?
I don't know the diminishing return for crit from willpower, but it seem like an odd choice.

if you get on mr robot or whatever you can work on your build and switch out different mods/enhancements etc...

from what I have seen using any more than 1-2 crit mods/enhancements is not ideal... The most optimized gear seems to be mostly power mods/enhancements. Maybe a couple crit ones... Use crit augments to get up to 25% unbuffed and then the rest power.

It is really just a matter of numbers so it is easy to demonstrate what gearing is the most optimized and I would like to know if anyone has found something better so I can be more optimized as well.

stavrakas's Avatar


stavrakas
11.30.2012 , 05:07 AM | #133
I read somewhere that the crit soft cap is 30%. Wouldn't it make more sense if that's the case to stack 30% unbuffed crit and reach 35% with the buff? Why only 25% unbuffed?

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
11.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
I read somewhere that the crit soft cap is 30%. Wouldn't it make more sense if that's the case to stack 30% unbuffed crit and reach 35% with the buff? Why only 25% unbuffed?
Because in a rwz situation you will have the crit buff, also, people like me, have grinded all my legacy buffs out so there's no point in going over the soft cap when those points could go elsewhere such as to boost my power.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Xethis's Avatar


Xethis
11.30.2012 , 03:20 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
I read somewhere that the crit soft cap is 30%. Wouldn't it make more sense if that's the case to stack 30% unbuffed crit and reach 35% with the buff? Why only 25% unbuffed?
We have the Recklessness buff. You can crit all three of your force abilities on the first cycle of your rotation, Discharge, DF, and Shock given one charge is not consumed by Chain Lightning, but even if it does its not that bad. Wakajinn is a spec that is designed for opening burst. You don't need an insanely high crit rating because most of the time Reck is on cd you are stealthed anyways. At 90sec cd on Reck I have it available every 2-3 openers, that is very good. Since Reck is relatively short cd it is wise to stack power to get the biggest crits possible since you are going to crit anyways.

stavrakas's Avatar


stavrakas
11.30.2012 , 06:06 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Because in a rwz situation you will have the crit buff, also, people like me, have grinded all my legacy buffs out so there's no point in going over the soft cap when those points could go elsewhere such as to boost my power.
If the soft cap is 30% then getting there means no points are wasted. The crit buff isn't affected by diminishing returns, it gives a stat 5% boost. So since we're a crit based class, wouldn't it be better to reach the soft cap before putting points to power? That means reaching 30% unbuffed, 35% buffed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
We have the Recklessness buff. You can crit all three of your force abilities on the first cycle of your rotation, Discharge, DF, and Shock given one charge is not consumed by Chain Lightning, but even if it does its not that bad. Wakajinn is a spec that is designed for opening burst. You don't need an insanely high crit rating because most of the time Reck is on cd you are stealthed anyways. At 90sec cd on Reck I have it available every 2-3 openers, that is very good. Since Reck is relatively short cd it is wise to stack power to get the biggest crits possible since you are going to crit anyways.
That's true, but you can't be stealthed during the recklessness cd all the time, warzones aren't 1v1 fights. You can't be judging based only on the opener, what about drawn out group fights?

This is all assuming the soft cap is indeed 30%. If it's 25% then I'm obviously wrong, I just wanna clear this up before I start min maxing.

Okema's Avatar


Okema
11.30.2012 , 07:59 PM | #137
Hey!

Good guide there! Just a quick question, in your videos, does it have a reason why you click several abilities? Is it just a old habit trying to get rid off or are you doing it for a reason?

Thanks!

EatenByDistance's Avatar


EatenByDistance
11.30.2012 , 08:13 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Okema View Post
Hey!

Good guide there! Just a quick question, in your videos, does it have a reason why you click several abilities? Is it just a old habit trying to get rid off or are you doing it for a reason?

Thanks!
playing on laptop which only lets me click 2-3 buttons in quick succession. As a result sometimes very important abilities simply won't activate when I need them to. So sometimes if I'm clicking really hectically I will also click some of my more crucial abilities just so I am sure they activate.

Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
If the soft cap is 30% then getting there means no points are wasted. The crit buff isn't affected by diminishing returns, it gives a stat 5% boost. So since we're a crit based class, wouldn't it be better to reach the soft cap before putting points to power? That means reaching 30% unbuffed, 35% buffed.
Soft/hardcaps not the issue you simply do lower overall damage with that much crit.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Okema's Avatar


Okema
11.30.2012 , 08:42 PM | #139
Ahh, thanks for the answer!

Have you tried playing around with the 'ability que que window' option in preferences? Maybe that could help a bit (if it's not just a limitation of your laptop).

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
12.03.2012 , 03:05 PM | #140
For Wakajinn which do you recommend going up Madness or Deception first?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper