Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

will CE ever get exclusive things .?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
will CE ever get exclusive things .?

Mazikeen
12.03.2012 , 02:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lazze View Post
will CE ever get exclusive things i paid 130pound for my game love the figure and everything that comes with it but its like bioware dont care about giving people who got the CE anything,

is there going to be stuff coming for CE owners ?....
You got bloody collectibles in your box set. This CE whining is really getting old. I've been playing MMOs for 12 years and this is the first one that had people constantly whining even a year after release because they don't feel special enough. It's gone past annoying straight on to being pathetic.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Urael
12.03.2012 , 02:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
You got bloody collectibles in your box set. This CE whining is really getting old. I've been playing MMOs for 12 years and this is the first one that had people constantly whining even a year after release because they don't feel special enough. It's gone past annoying straight on to being pathetic.
Sublimate your rage.

CE owners have a vendor that was lack luster at best that was promised to have regular updates. It has been left untouched. It was false advertising. THEY LIED. Now with the CC Store, the CE vendor will never see any updates.

LrdRahvin
12.03.2012 , 02:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Indeed. I am just chalking it up to lessoned learned. I don't expect EAware to ever ... EVER get around to doing anything with the CE owners. They have our money. They want "new" money. CC Store will always have priority.

On a related note, it is amazing to me how EA has now surpased $oE in less than a year for disappointing me and jerking me around. It took $oE a good 5 years to make me hate them. EA did that in less than 9 months.
Woot...I'm bugged... can still post...nice job EAWare

Anyway, back to topic....

I thought a year ago EA's motto should have been- "EA- At least we're better than SOE"

Now I think it ought to be- "EA- Hey, we're so fabulous- we're the only company in all of gaming that can make SOE look "good" by comparison!"

Urael
12.03.2012 , 02:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
I thought a year ago EA's motto should have been- "EA- At least we're better than SOE"

Now I think it ought to be- "EA- Hey, we're so fabulous- we're the only company in all of gaming that can make SOE look "good" by comparison!"
Sig worthy.

StaalDK
12.03.2012 , 02:31 PM | #25
I bought CE, still have the Darth Malgus figure unopened, guess Ill post it on Ebay in 30 years and make the money back haha
The Machinima Experiment - Coming Soon!
Sketches on Youtube
Trailer 1 - The Smuggler
Trailer 2 - The Sith Warrior

Eillack
12.03.2012 , 02:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by StaalDK View Post
I bought CE, still have the Darth Malgus figure unopened, guess Ill post it on Ebay in 30 years and make the money back haha
And now I know what I'll do in 30 years too
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

MasterCefalu
12.03.2012 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.
Actually, it's not an assumption. It's not that we expect something more than what they promised us. It was stated multiple times that they had plans to continue adding additional items to the CE vendor. It wasn't supposed to be a one-time deal with a few items at launch.

See here, a direct article by Bioware:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021
"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Almost one full year later, and not a single update to the CE vendor. I don't think this qualifies as "regular updates."

Even this fairly recent interview shows they do still have plans to update the vendor; it's just on the back burner.
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2...mion-schubert/
"8. For those who have access to the VIP/Collectors Edition vendors, will we see any new items added to them in the future or is the focus primarily in the cartel market?

Most of our development effort will focus on keeping the cartel market fresh and full of awesome stuff to purchase. That being said, I definitely have it on my to-do list to revisit these secondary vendors in the future."

So, rather than getting upset with the OP, realize that CE buyers were told one thing, and then BioWare delivered another (as in, nothing for updates to CE vendor).

I think it's a rather legit concern that someone payed a premium in real dollars to get something that was listed multiple times only to get nothing in that area. Maybe one user bought the CE for the statue, and another for the music CD, or the physical journal of Jedi Gnost-Dural, etc. Maybe the OP's primary reasoning behind the purchase of his CE was for the in-game items he was expecting from the CE vendor. I know that was my primary motivation, so I am also a little disappointed that we haven't received any CE vendor updates.

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 02:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterCefalu View Post
Actually, it's not an assumption. It's not that we expect something more than what they promised us. It was stated multiple times that they had plans to continue adding additional items to the CE vendor. It wasn't supposed to be a one-time deal with a few items at launch.

"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Almost one full year later, and not a single update to the CE vendor. I don't think this qualifies as "regular updates."

Even this fairly recent interview shows they do still have plans to update the vendor; it's just on the back burner.
"8. For those who have access to the VIP/Collectors Edition vendors, will we see any new items added to them in the future or is the focus primarily in the cartel market?

Most of our development effort will focus on keeping the cartel market fresh and full of awesome stuff to purchase. That being said, I definitely have it on my to-do list to revisit these secondary vendors in the future."

So, rather than getting upset with the OP, realize that CE buyers were told one thing, and then BioWare delivered another (as in, nothing for updates to CE vendor).

I think it's a rather legit concern that someone payed a premium in real dollars to get something that was listed multiple times only to get nothing in that area. Maybe one user bought the CE for the statue, and another for the music CD, or the physical journal of Jedi Gnost-Dural, etc. Maybe the OP's primary reasoning behind the purchase of his CE was for the in-game items he was expecting from the CE vendor. I know that was my primary motivation, so I am also a little disappointed that we haven't received any CE vendor updates.
Good stuff, exactly what I was looking for. Should be an OP of some a new thread. Any argument from the CE Vendor update haters will be invalid (heck it is now. but that's gonna be op ) if they'll intend to use their current reasoning. I am not that crazy for exclusive and leet items. This is about the principle and money spent on something you were supposed to get. But you didn't.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

lazze
12.03.2012 , 03:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterCefalu View Post

hit the sweet spot right there, thats the stuff thank you.

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 03:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by lazze View Post
hit the sweet spot right there, thats the stuff thank you.
Like I always kept saying this. Gee...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.